Los Campesinos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gareth responded to my tweet and said he's pretty certain the North American LP will also be on pink. But I'm tempted to just order now and get the Heat Rash bundle.

That track is great, too.

Good tune. I ordered the LP, $36 Australian. Hopefully it's a pink vinyl too.

I wonder what song the minute-long NO BLUES preview will be from.

North American preorder up:

Los Campesinos! - No Blues PRE-ORDER

Snagged mine (yayaya $4 shipping). Hopefully they send that early download like the UK preorder is going to. CD preorders get a CD copy of the live album, LPs get a download of it. Per Gareth, these LPs should be on pink vinyl too.

For that price I'm getting it anyway, but where does it say you'll get a CD copy of the live album? The link you posted just mentions the DL code.

I already bought the live mp3s but a free hard copy would be nice to have.

They must have changed it. I swear earlier it said first time on cd for the live album.

First impressions:

It's sad to say, but the urgency isn't back yet. The wit, the humor, the breakneck speed is still absent on this album, and that's a bummer. Whatever it is that caused them to lose interest in making songs like Straight In At 101 and There Are Listed Buildings has crippled them such that they're still making emotionally wrought tunes 90% of the time.

Thankfully, this is a much more natural record than the last one on several levels. The melodies are very strong and likable, and Gareth is no longer indulging in self-pity to the exhausting degree he did on Hello Sadness. Most of these songs feel complete and quite well written, with nothing that goes off the rails.

In general, I like this album. I especially like Cemetery Gaits (horrendous pun aside) and Avacado Baby. This really isn't the direction I was hoping they would go in though, inching ever closer to po-faced alternative pop/rock and further away from the joyous music they used to make.

I liked it.

Agreed, Cemetery Gaits was great.

Also, "As Lucerne/The Low" has a bit in it that reminds me so much of "1901". Which is actually a good thing.

Uhh, I didn't get one.

Did you order through the US site? I did and only got the code this morning. Looking forward to hearing this tonight.

Edit: Damn, I've just realized that I won't be here in January when they play in NYC.

Back
Top Bottom