Los Campesinos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Live album? Damn.

I was hoping this would be a NEW STUDIO ALBUM.

I never really connected all that much with Hello Sadness, but "By Your Hand" is still a stunning song. One of their very best, in my opinion.

It'll be great to have a live document though, they're awesome live. When I bought I drunk last night however I didn't realise it would be shipped, and not a digital download. But oh well. It's a great setlist.

Most of Hello Sadness didn't quite work live, but a few songs did. I hope they play By Your Hand and Songs About Your Girlfriend on the next tour.

Good news that they're recording soon. Hopefully Gareth can get off the couch long enough to write something fun.

Afters some research, it appears that Aleks only performs on the encore, which I'm assuming is We Throw Parties... and Sweet Dreams...

So much for getting to hear her on Miserabilia, among others.

It's good... but not as good as I hoped. The songs all sound a little muted, the vocals are pretty ordinary. Doesn't really capture how good they are live.

Gareth's banter is funny though, and it's good to hear I Just Sighed and In Medias Res.

It's good... but not as good as I hoped. The songs all sound a little muted, the vocals are pretty ordinary. Doesn't really capture how good they are live.

Gareth's banter is funny though, and it's good to hear I Just Sighed and In Medias Res.

I've been on the road all morning and I listened to the whole live album in one go. I agree Gareth's vocal delivery could be better, but his stage banter practically makes up for it. The whole concert is one big farewell party for Ellen.

I love the intro to You! Me! Dancing! I really thought they were going to launch into Smells Like Teen Spirit for a second there.

Is it me or is Gareth's vocal a little too high in the mix?

And yes, his banter is worth the whole thing for sure.

In Media Res doesn't really work for me live. And it's a shame that some lesser Romance songs were played instead of This Is A Flag. How that's not a live staple is beyond me.

I love when he mentioned that sometimes singles are poorly chosen and not necessarily the best songs, and then they play There Are Listed Buildings, betraying a bit of an apology for the track. Funnily enough, I alwats thought it was a weak single and sounded like a generic LC!-by-numbers song when I heard it. One of my least fav on that album.

Anyway, things got a bit dusty in the ol' Laz household when Ellen made her farewell speech.

She will be missed.

They pretty much have to get another female bassist, right? They can't leave Kim as the only girl in the band

536745_10152172592258868_2037213092_n.jpg

I take it pink is the opposite of blue?

Green is the opposite of pink. But it's certainly a lively color all the same.

Love the sample that we got. Cut off just as it was about to get good though.

We need more post-coital and less post-rock :angry:

Seems like the buildup takes forever :angry:

I've always really liked Graham Coxon, but have never really listened to his solo shit. Just spotted this album cover of his, and couldn't help but be reminded of Los Camp:

A%2BE_Graham_Coxon.jpg

New album's up for pre-order from next week, which comes with a download of the above track in full :hyper:

2008 x2, 2010, 2011, 2013. In this day and age that's pretty impressive output. I liked but didn't love Hello Sadness, confident this new one will have some killer tunes on it.

Los Campesinos! -- NO BLUES

UPoeS5o.jpg

October. Preorders here: LOS CAMPESINOS! STORE Home

Free download of second track "What Death Leaves Behind" here: What Death Leaves Behind by Los Campesinos! on SoundCloud

FOR FLOTSAM

WHAT DEATH LEAVES BEHIND

A PORTRAIT OF THE TREQUARTISTA AS A YOUNG MAN
CEMETERY GAITS

GLUE ME

AS LUCERNE / THE LOW

AVOCADO, BABY

LET IT SPILL

THE TIME BEFORE THE LAST TIME

SELLING ROPE (SWAN DIVE TO ESTUARY)

Back
Top Bottom