Los Campesinos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't yet mentioned that I went to the show in Brooklyn Laz listed and was damn impressed with how the "new" lineup sounded. Say what you will (and I have) about the revolving door, but they're certainly a better group of players now than they were way back when.

We also got DMEB1, so perhaps I'm biased.

I doubt that's gonna happen with Gareth's voice/delivery.

They've already written a good number of very catchy songs that failed to crossover.

Movement from LC! on social media.

"LET’S GET THIS SHOW BACK ON THE ROAD /// /// NEWS TRICKLING SOON"

tumblragain_zps62321267.png

The band consists solely of Gareth now, and will henceforth be known as "El Campesino!"

This is one of those jokes that you knew was stupid when you typed it, and we know it's stupid...and yet for some reason, it makes me laugh more than a stupid joke really should. So perhaps I'm the stupid one.

You missed the important part: Aleks was playing with them at this show?? Does that mean she's back in the band?

Was hoping for a new album, but apparently they're recording in June.

Also pretty cool that this is only £5.

Straight up ordered (In Medias Res and I Just Sighed, come on), and yeah, the Aleks thing is quite notable... was she the one doing most of the backup vocals? (Eg "I'm sweating from the cheat notes on my thighs")

Also an interesting tidbit from Gareth's twitter:

Now that we've announced our Live Album over at @loscampesinos, I just want to tell a quick story about an interaction I had at that gig...
During the show, a European accent kept shouting a girl's name between songs. Afterwards, the guy who it was came up to speak to me...
...he said "that was me shouting my girlfriend's name, so that she would be on the record". I kind of laughed and was like "really cool!".
But really I wanted to say "IT WAS COMPLETELY ANNOYING, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?!?". Hopefully they will have broken up by now.

That's hilarious

Why didn't you just order the whole thing? It's pretty cheap.

Also the Ted Danson t-shirt they're selling is pretty damned hilarious.

He's saying those two songs made preordering the entire thing a no brainer. Reading comprehension, guys.

Back
Top Bottom