Los Campesinos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, Peef doesn't have to worry about not being able to make the show, because there isn't one scheduled anywhere near him.

Ironically, the place they're playing in Los Angeles is a couple blocks away from my house, a great venue.

:wave:

No Texas either. The fuck? They must be pissed I didn't make the RIB tour.

Why oh why much they schedule their first show here post-Aleks?

Oh well, I'll probably go just to finally say I've seen them.

i don't know if it's their worst. i'm somewhat new to this band, so maybe it's a honeymoon period, but i'm not really able to rank their albums. i like them equally.

with that said, i've also been trying to avoid ranking music so much. just kind of sick of it, i guess.

I can't help but think that this may have functioned more strongly as an EP. It is by no means poor, but there is a disparity in quality between the tracks that was not present on the two others that I have heard from them, Youngster and Romance Is Boring.

Agreed. Songs About Your Girlfriend and Life Is A Long Time are excellent, whereas The Black Bird and Light Leaves go absolutely nowhere. And since there are only 10 tracks, that inconsistency turns out to be quite harmful.

"You can lead a horse to water but it won't drown itself" and "The black bird is a part of me/So sad to see/So sad to be me" have to be two of the lamest lyrics of the year. This is the sort of shit we would kick Bono's ass for writing.

I still haven't listened to this a second time yet. Ordering it now. Just wanted to say that sometimes I can't tell the difference between shit lyrics and good lyrics.

Two shows? Venue I really like? Same place where I'm seeing Zola for $10? Weekend nights? Awesome!

Unfortunately I'll be in New Orleans that entire weekend.

I just listened to We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed for the first time, and I must say it is one of the stronger first impressions that I have had of an album in quite some time. It's hard to pick standouts because at least half of the tracks were stunning.

Just decided on a whim to see Los Camp on the 27th. So excited, and it gives me an excuse to get more familiar with the early records and EPs.

I think that I may try to catch them on the 27th as well. They seem like a band that would put on an entertaining show.

That performance was...not very good.

Not sure why they went into that abrupt beginning instead of the charming keyboard intro. Gareth way too loud in the mix and I could barely hear anything else esp on backing vocals.

So much for capturing any interest with a national TV perf of a song that is insanely catchy on record.

Yeah, I was pretty unimpressed as well. Nice to see Letterman in good old troll mode at the end.

Back
Top Bottom