Los Campesinos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe that is the day I get back to Philly for Thanksgiving break. Friday the 18th. Hmmm. And it's at that new place, Union Transfer, which I've been meaning to check out.

Yeah, I'm pretty fond of this song. HYPE.

Also, I had actually never seen the band, had no idea Quentin Tarantino was the lead singer.

:yawn:

Sad bastard music only works when there's some passion behind it. That was just really whiny and lifeless. Where's the Los Camp energy?

The bassist is hot though, totally.

I didn't like that vocal cameo. Also hated the dude trying to push Win in the shit haircut stakes. But yeah the song's awesome, even if it lacks a bit of energy musically, In Medias Res-style, like laz said.

:yawn:

Sad bastard music only works when there's some passion behind it. That was just really whiny and lifeless. Where's the Los Camp energy?

...says the guy who doesnt care for the passionate and energetic first album.

Her hair always changes, so I had no idea who you meant, but yeah, Ellen is the bassist. She has aged like fine wine.

I'd Pinot her grigio.

lazarus said:
...says the guy who doesnt care for the passionate and energetic first album.

It's not my favorite of the three; I'm of the opinion that each album was an improvement, but most of it is definitely leagues ahead of By Your Hand.

Incidentally, I'm just listening to Hold On Now, Youngster... Yeah, I'd take By Your Hand over most of these tracks :shrug:

Also... what are the lyrics to the closer (best song on the album for mine)?

Me
In your back garden
With my walkman
Tucked inside my forearm
And I'm waiting
Waiting for ........?
In the summer of the 2007
The summer that punk rock broke my heart

I can't watch their videos because of how offputting I find that Gareth's guy's douchey looks. Song's ok.

Yeah, I can't help but find his lyrics to be a bit on the "lies" side of things with how fugly of a doucher he looks to be. The idea that he has any relations with anyone of the opposite sex aside from motherhood, seems less than likely to me.

Track-by-track rundown, if you are so inclined.

Los Campesinos, 'Hello Sadness' - First Listen - reviews - NME.COM - The world's fastest music news service, music videos, interviews, photos and free stuff to win

The first single will be Hello Sadness.

And yes, I am talking to Gareth on facebook right now, he's finally decided to reply to the four or five of us who keep posting "Australia???" on all their updates.

"of course we want to play in Australia, but you must understand a) it costs a hell of a lot of money to get 7 people + instruments + crew to Australia, and b) We don't get to just show up at a festival and play, we need to be invited to do so (and then be able to afford it). We're very hopeful that this album will help us find our way to your hemisphere, though. Fingers crossed! G"

Then I said

"thanks for answering gareth - we know it costs a lot and wouldn't be easy logistically - but it is good to know we are in your thoughts! can't wait to hear the album, it will be fantastic i'm sure"

then he said

"very much so. Australia/New Zealand is the one place, above all others, that we've not managed to play that we would love to. G"

and then i said

wait for it
"we've got your back - whatever that's worth"

Fuck I'm awesome.

Gareth trolls Facebook as Los Camp because he's embarrassed to reveal that he has 12 friends.

I really like "By Your Hand" and its music video. Don't know if I mentioned that in here or not. There you go. Great chorus.

Same GAF.

Hear the (fucking awesome) lead single Hello Sadness here.

Rumours of their demise into pathetic I-cut-myself-and-trace-the-blood-into-the-shape-of-your-face-ness have been grossly overexaggerated. Two from two so far.

Wait, By Your Hand wasn't the lead single? It had a video and everything.

The link says nothing about it being the lead single, or even a single at all. Friggin' Cobbler.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom