Los Campesinos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Avocado, Baby is too good. I wish more of No Blues rocked like that track.

As far as albums go:

Romance Is Boring
We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed
(Sticking Fingers Into Sockets; great EP)
Hold On Now, Youngster
No Blues
Hello Sadness

Their best work strikes that precise balance between rocking/energetic and dark/thoughtful. Everything else veers too far towards perky or brooding for me and ends up a shade worse because of it.

Last edited:
I actually think my favorite track on this album might be "What Death Leaves Behind"...not sure.

5FB9A6AC-139D-4E35-8D87-7938FACDD754_zpso4ueqdus.jpg

This shit is fucking wicked. Worth the wait. The booklet contains run downs on every track by Gareth and Tom as well as lyrics, and it came with a poster and a CD. Fucking love these guys.

Oh yeah. This was a great get. Really happy with the packaging. Did you get the live album? They mentioned it at some point, but I didn't get it in my package.

I didn't get the live album, no, but I bought it digitally when it came out so no big deal. The booklet with lyric and production explanations (as well as lyrics) is indeed the Heat Rash... Gareth sent out an email explaining why there'd been a delay getting them out and threw Heat Rash in for the trouble. We also got a 10% off code for anything in the LC! store. There was nothing I want so if someone wants my code let me know... dunno if that Heat Rash is available separately. Considering it only cost me $36 Australian including shipping I'm extremely pleased.

I got a code for the live album in my copy of the CD. I wonder if they'd intended on shipping it with the set, but ended up just shipping the physical CD in that plastic cover? Who knows?

My pink vinyl was sitting on my front porch when I returned from a 6-day trip last night. No idea how long it sat there, but the outer envelope was quite soggy. Everything inside seems OK.

I got the vinyl, the CD, and Heat Rash. No download code, but I had bought the live album download earlier in the year.

Did anyone get the live album on CD? I thought that was included with some purchases?

5FB9A6AC-139D-4E35-8D87-7938FACDD754_zpso4ueqdus.jpg

This shit is fucking wicked. Worth the wait. The booklet contains run downs on every track by Gareth and Tom as well as lyrics, and it came with a poster and a CD. Fucking love these guys.

That is a great looking LP. Very nice.

As far as album rankings go, I had been convinced that We Are Beautiful was tops, but after listening to Romance Is Boring a few times recently, I might have to go with it instead in the top spot.

Mad at myself for waiting this long to get the album, enjoying it quite a bit. After the last album, that's quite a relief (I was really disappointed with that one).

My pink vinyl was sitting on my front porch when I returned from a 6-day trip last night. No idea how long it sat there, but the outer envelope was quite soggy. Everything inside seems OK.

I got the vinyl, the CD, and Heat Rash. No download code, but I had bought the live album download earlier in the year.

Did anyone get the live album on CD? I thought that was included with some purchases?

Nope. I think it was supposed to come, but I never received it. Or Heat Rash.

That is a great looking LP. Very nice.

As far as album rankings go, I had been convinced that We Are Beautiful was tops, but after listening to Romance Is Boring a few times recently, I might have to go with it instead in the top spot.

Romance is easily my number one.

Mad at myself for waiting this long to get the album, enjoying it quite a bit. After the last album, that's quite a relief (I was really disappointed with that one).

I fucking told you so.

Coupla east coast gigs plus one in Chicago in the coming weeks. Hope they're doing some west coast shows in April. Would love to see them not in a crowd where there's only about five fans.

It's sad that their financial situation is such that they can't come to the other side of the country.

I guess their peak of what minimal popularity they had is past.

It's incredible how difficult it is for a good band like that to survive while making music. Tough times.

I'm bummed that I'll miss their concert in New York.

It's a real shame. Gareth has a part-time job working for their record label, I think. This is part of the reason I get so annoyed when lesser music becomes popular: in a couple of years there might not be a Los Campesinos! because they can't afford to go on.

It's a real shame. Gareth has a part-time job working for their record label, I think. This is part of the reason I get so annoyed when lesser music becomes popular: in a couple of years there might not be a Los Campesinos! because they can't afford to go on.

Doesn't it make you feel so good about downloading music ;)

Lol that's fair. I did download Romance is Boring illegally, but halfway through In Medias Res deleted it and I've bought everything they've done since. I've got two copies of We Are Beautiful.

I've given every bit of money I could to this band in the way of buying every record and tickets for two shows, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Hopefully they're able to get a proper US tour going. Shit, if they went the Kickstarter route I wouldn't even think twice about pitching in.

Same. Wonder if Gareth's ever considered it.

They provide amazing value for money too. Seriously, No Blues on pink vinyl, a CD, a poster and a Heat Rash with lyrics, lyric explanations and production notes for like $40 Australian.

Is it really that they can't afford it, though? They did just tour the states not that long ago, I feel like. Thought I just saw them last year.

I think they toured here in the summer of 2012. I always thought that touring was good for artists to make money, but I guess the costs for a larger band like them are too high?

That's why they had to wait to be booked on a festival to come to Australia. They didn't even do their own sideshows, they opened for the Dandy Warhols and Silversun Pickups, both of whom Los Camp! are miles better than imo.

Speedy Ortiz will open one of their shows here, which is pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom