Lollapalooza 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you stand in the middle of the park you can both hear and see both main stages. It's big but probably a 15 minute walk end to end, most of which occurs because you're weaving in and out of people.

2012 -

M83 puts on a disappointing show and the crowd is incredibly dull waiting for Midnight City.

Neon Indian brings the terrible news of the show being cut short due to weather and subsequently leading The Temper Trap being cancelled.

Bloc Party impossible to see or hear due to massive amounts of mud and crappy stage design.

2013 -

Imagine Dragons encounters technical difficulties in front of a massive crowd leading their show to be totally boring.

We lose a friend at the bathroom leading the missing of The Lumineers.

Lake Shore is cursed. I genuinely am considering seeing Two Door instead of Alt J for this very reason. Something will go wrong.

Great show from Teagan & Sara. Some of the new tracks I felt were lackluster on record really soared live.

Think the Nash are a mediocre live band is a big time unpopular B&C opinion on par with "Joy Division > New Order, "In Lameblows," and "Cobbler makes a valid point."

You guys like New Order better than Joy Division? crazy talk. Although I'm in the mood for some New Order and will listen to some now

Looks like great weather today. 73 degrees in Chicago right now.

The Chicago skyline provides a pretty spectacular backdrop to the festival. I think Grant Park is a great place for Lolla.

You guys like New Order better than Joy Division? crazy talk. Although I'm in the mood for some New Order and will listen to some now

I didn't even know that joy division > new order was an opinion, let alone an unpopular opinion around here. I thought it was just fact.

I didn't even know that joy division > new order was an opinion, let alone an unpopular opinion around here. I thought it was just fact.

As for 7 and the national, it's times like these where I am reminded of the fact that the kid likes imagine dragons.

For some reason I was under the impression pretty much all of us preferred New Order.

Yeah that 'kid' has such bad taste in music. PS, kindly, get over yourself. Totally unwarranted.

Funny, I didn't get half as upset about jt telling me that any opinions I may have are invalidated by the fact that I listen to the barenaked ladies. I took it as the joke it was meant to be. So who really needs to get over themselves?

This has been about the worst possible setlist for me thus far. :lol:

Still a lot of fun, though.

This has been about the worst possible setlist for me thus far. :lol:

Still a lot of fun, though.

I heard Robert say early on that's kind of "pop heavy" or something to that effect. Kind of what I expected, actually. He's in great form.

Pretending those first four albums don't exist, apparently. But yeah, Robert looks to be having a blast.

I wonder if I should Cure it up one day. I used to listen to so much college/alt radio in the 80's and heard a lot of Cure stuff over the years...but only own Disintegration. What a glorious beginning to an album those first 4 songs are, fuck. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom