Lollapalooza 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In other news, my mission is to now find a band on Saturday besides the ones already highlighted that is worth seeing...this is hard. Pujol's alright, but Travis pointed out that the lead singer sounds like the guy from Smash Mouth and now I can't unhear it.

Well, depending on which slot The Verve Pipe ends up playing on...

You should see Family of the Year. Take a listen to them.

See, Lucky Number 7 thinks he's making a joke, but what he fails to realize is...I SAW The Verve Pipe last year #LollaRepeats

I'm currently on Google Earth trying to find a suitable volcano in the Chicago area

Y'all *should* come to Osheaga! Montreal's a fantastic place to be in the summer, never a dull moment! And the festival itself is well organized and much smaller and more accessible (I imagine anyway) than Lollapalooza. C'mon, let's have an Interference party!

Uh...it is up.

Friday, August 2nd:
The Killers
Nine Inch Nails
New Order
Queens Of The Stone Age
Steve Aoki
Thievery Corporation
Lana Del Rey
Flux Pavilion
Band Of Horses
Hot Chip
Crystal Castles
Imagine Dragons
Frightened Rabbit
Dillon Francis
Smith Westerns
Disclosure
Father John Misty
Ghost B.C.
Modestep
Emeli Sande
Jessie Ware
Atlas Genius
Timeflies
Theophilus London
Monsta
IO Echo
Icona Pop
Chance The Rapper
Lance Herbstrong
Robert DeLong
Deap Vally
Twenty One Pilots
San Cisco
Hey Marseilles
Keys N Krates
The Neighbourhood
Pacific Air
American Authors
Houndmouth
Brick + Mortar
D-Pryde
Brite Lite Brite

Saturday, August 3rd:
Mumford & Sons
The Postal Service
The National
The Lumineers
Kendrick Lamar
Eric Church
Steve Angello
Ellie Goulding
Azealia Banks
Local Natives
Dada Life
Matt & Kim
Foals
Death Grips
Court Yard Hounds
Adventure Club
Ben Howard
GriZ
Charles Bradley
Heartless Bastards
Baauer
HAIM
Unknown Mortal Orchestra
St. Lucia
Shovels & Rope
Little Green Cars
Family of the Year
The Bright Light Social Hour
Reignwolf
Pujol
Planet Hemp
Cole Plante
Lukas Nelson & P.O.T.R.
Blondfire
Frontier Ruckus
Wheeler Brothers
The Dunwells
Supreme Cuts
Cherub
Wild Cub
Brooke Waggoner
Beast Patrol

Sunday, August 4th:
The Cure
Phoenix
Vampire Weekend
Knife Party
Grizzly Bear
Major Lazer
Dog Blood
Two Door Cinema Club
Tegan and Sara
Beach House
Cat Power
2 Chainz
Alt-J
The Vaccines
DIIV
Alex Clare
Baroness
Lianne La Havas
Wild Nothing
Angel Haze
Wavves
Alvin Risk
Jake Bugg
Wild Belle
Art Department
MS MR
Family of the Year
Kill the Noise
SKAYTERS
The Orwells
Palma Violets
Astro
Machines Are People Too
YAWN
Half Moon Run
The Mowgli’s
Wake Owl
Bear Mountain
O’ Brother
Makeshift Prodigy

Y'all *should* come to Osheaga! Montreal's a fantastic place to be in the summer, never a dull moment! And the festival itself is well organized and much smaller and more accessible (I imagine anyway) than Lollapalooza. C'mon, let's have an Interference party!

You know, I really want to. I've wanted to visit Montreal for years now. But for whatever reason the flights there from Chicago are always incredibly expensive.

Phhheewwww. I can breathe now. Got the tix. Had to use my debit card because I couldn't remember the billing address listed on my credit card and capital one's website was down :banghead:. If I screwed up again it was going to throw out my order.

OK. OK.

Now I'll spend the rest of the summer finding a good deal on 3-days.

No. People learned from last year the value of resale. It's stupid. When you've got such large crowds though, it becomes impossible to stop people from being able to move tickets.

I know for Muse, for example, they went ticketless and your ID/credit card served as your ticket. I loved that.

But then again, I bought 2 tickets. More on the grounds though that I am backing a friend up if she wants to go. If not, I'll make some money.

My guess is that they will release more tickets down the road. But if they allowed for mass tickets to a single buyer knowing damn well they would turn around and sell them at double the price, I will be done with this damnable festival for good.

How is this whole festival sold out in just a matter of minutes? It took weeks last year....

It's one of the three major festivals and in one of the biggest metro areas in the country?

My guess is this is a publicity stunt. "Look how popular we are! And we'll release more tickets, because we're generous too!"

It probably has something to do with

1) the lineup being totally safe and bland
  • Mumford and Sons
2) not actually putting all of the tickets on sale at once (I agree with iYup that they will release more)
3) people buying bulk tickets for profit

At first I thought they just screwed us out of 3-day passes this year, but after what I saw today, it's got to be 2 or 3. There's no way Mumford and Sons is that big a draw.

Back
Top Bottom