Lollapalooza 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sasquatch sold out in an hour and a half this year, Coachella wasn't far behind, and ACL is likely to follow suit despite moving to two weekends. Just the way the big business festival circuit is now. I'm shocked Bonnaroo hasn't sold out yet, but you can probably chalk that up to the logistics of actually getting there being somewhat prohibitive.

ACL has been quickly selling out for at least the last four years, and C3 has never done an additional ticket drop. Don't hold your breath.

Yeah, Bonnaroo's location and setup is what holds that back from being an instant sellout. This is in the heart of Chicago though. There's no population within Bonnaroo that it sells to.

Again, this has never sold out before like this. It would be one thing if this happens every year. It doesn't.

Well... single days didn't sell out like this.

But I'm sure last year was a scare enough for everyone. For the entire summer it was impossible to find tickets.

:heart::bono::edge::adam::larry::heart:

I'm just grateful I have tickets to the only day worth spending full price on. I'd pay $95 to see The Cure by themselves; throw in Grizzly Bear and Beach House and baby, you've got a stew going.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Outside Lands. Presale tomorrow, which usually sells out in a day or so. I am predicting it will sell out within an hour this year.

I expect the lineup to be out next week with Paul McCartney as one of the headliners. It will be interesting to see how fast it sells out this year. Last year was the first sellout and it took a while.

Well... single days didn't sell out like this.

But I'm sure last year was a scare enough for everyone. For the entire summer it was impossible to find tickets.

Three days didn't sell out in a day either, it took a bit.

Lol italics. Not that touchy of a subject, boo.

Ah, I'm not bugged by anyone in here, I was just stressing that I'm surprised based on what has happened before. Had I the experience you have with ACL, I wouldn't be shocked at all. After this year, I won't be shocked at anything, but it's taking a second to adjust to the idea that Lolla is turning into an absolute wasteland, but I'll survive this ;)

Well I'm just imagining all the people like my two friends and I. We all ended up paying 300-350 for all 3 days. So naturally this time round, we joined the hoard of people buying. Domino effect perhaps? We all learned out lesson.

Ah, I'm not bugged by anyone in here, I was just stressing that I'm surprised based on what has happened before. Had I the experience you have with ACL, I wouldn't be shocked at all. After this year, I won't be shocked at anything, but it's taking a second to adjust to the idea that Lolla is turning into an absolute wasteland, but I'll survive this ;)

What's shocking is that Lolla lagged behind ACL in terms of selling out for this long while ACL continues to lag behind Lolla in lineup quality forever and ever, especially considering we've got like eighteen weekend long music festivals a year.

Just found this comment on Huffington Post, which I found interesting:

"Funny, at current, StubHub has 1346 3-day passes, 476 Friday passes, 556 Saturday passes, and 1107 Sunday passes. No shenanigans here. Move along."

Well I'm just imagining all the people like my two friends and I. We all ended up paying 300-350 for all 3 days. So naturally this time round, we joined the hoard of people buying. Domino effect perhaps? We all learned out lesson.

Your fault you lagged past day of :p

Just found this comment on Huffington Post, which I found interesting:

"Funny, at current, StubHub has 1346 3-day passes, 476 Friday passes, 556 Saturday passes, and 1107 Sunday passes. No shenanigans here. Move along."

So expected though. And people will pay for those, if last year was any indication. Most 3-days did indeed sell for ~$330. I monitored eBay constantly.

I'll only be going to Saturday this year.

I have to see the Nash there again. And I'll probably hit up Ellie Goulding and the Postal Service as well. Some of those big songs off of Give Up could be pretty fucking awesome at night in Grant Park. Might check out Kendrick Lamar, too.

What are y'all looking forward to from Saturday's lineup?

Not much, you basically hit most of my want-to-sees.

Saturday:
The Postal Service
The National*
The Lumineers
Ellie Goulding
Foals

HAIM

God, I can't wait for HAIM's album.

The schedule is a cesspool, what a shock

The only positive is the sexy, SEXY run of Grizzly Bear > Beach House > The Cure and I have tickets for it. :)

This schedule is pretty awesome on my end.

And New Order leads right into The Killers. That's my 1/2 punch. Glad I didn't have to choose.

Worst schedule ever, but it's the worst lineup ever, so I'm not shocked.

And I would never try to see all three bands at the end of the night like that, LeMel, but you already know my feelings on the subject. It never works.

My tentative schedule.

Friday, August 2nd -

2:15-3:00 -- Twenty One Pilots
3:30-4:15 -- Atlas Genius
5:15-6:15 -- Imagine Dragons
6:15-7:25 -- New Order
8:25-10:00 -- The Killers

Saturday, August 3rd -

12:00-12:30 -- Family of the Year
3:45-4:45 -- Matt & Kim (or Local Natives)
4:45-5:00 -- Ellie Goulding
6:00-7:15 -- The National
7:15-8:15 -- The Lumineers
8:30-10:00 -- The Postal Service (or Mumford & Sons)

Sunday, August 4th -

1:00-1:45 -- The Orwells
3:20-4:00 -- The Mowgli's
4:30-5:15 -- Two Door Cinema Club
5:15-6:00 -- Alt-J
6:00-6:30 -- The Vaccines
6:30-7:00 -- Grizzly Bear
8:00-10:00 -- The Cure (or Phoenix)

Well, I'm not even going to a single day of this now. One of my best friends is getting married on that Saturday.

Giving my ticket to a cousin who's never been to a festival before, so i do kinda feel good about that.

Missing THE NASH!, though.

OK, now that I've been introduced to St. Lucia, I've got Lolla fever...bad.

Plan atm (once I find jacked up price GAs):

FRIDAY:
Drowners (The one song I've heard is very good)
Emeli Sande
Deap Valley (For you, Lazzles)
Ghost B.C./Smith Westerns
Father John Misty
Band of Horses
New Order
The Killers

Aftershow: Jessie Ware

SATURDAY:
Family of the Year?
Planet Hemp (Oh yeah)
St. Lucia :)drool: )
HAIM
Ellie Goulding
Foals (Making the decision to not see THE NASH! was....really...really difficult)
Kendrick Lamar (I don't care much for him and I could see the last 25 minutes of The National, but I don't want to be anywhere near that side of the field, much as I'd like to see The Lumineers....them back to back with Mums is going to be just the worst)
Postal Service...I guess

SUNDAY:
Palma Violets
Angel Haze/Wild Nothing (Depends on how Angel Haze's debut album is)
MS MR/Baroness (Game-time decision)
Wavves
Griz
The Cure

Sunday kills me, because it's really the worst day, EXCEPT of course, for the obvious.

Back
Top Bottom