Lollapalooza 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But, acts I wanna see?

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Black Sabbath
Florence + The Machine
Avicii
The Shins
Passion Pit
Kaskade
The Weeknd
Sigur Ros
Bloc Party
Calvin Harris
Miike Snow
The Afghan Whigs
M83
Franz Ferdinand
Nero
Metric
The Temper Trap
Dawes
Tune-Yards
The Head & The Heart
The Big Pink
Twin Shadow
Toro Y Moi
Fun.
Alabama Shakes
The Gaslight Anthem
Tame Impala
Neon Indian
Dum Dum Girls
Washed Out
Chairlift
Bombay Bicycle Club
White Rabbits
The War on Drugs

Please demonstrate the appropriate level of enthusiasm about Sigur Ros. Thank you.

I'll be a lot more excited when the schedule comes out and reveals that they're being given at least an hour and a half.

Unbelievable, Lolla 3-Day Passes sold out. Hilarious, however, because some girls in class saw the Facebook update at the same time I did, it would seem, because when we just had our class break, they all freaked out because they hadn't bought passes now. They're all trying to figure out if they're going to buy individual passes for each day, and talking about how shocked they were that it sold out because, "People were disappointed with the lineup...weren't they?"

Dammit really? Ugh. Now I feel obliged to wait for the lineup times to be released in case I feel the need to do 2 days instead of 3.

Dammit, I was hoping nobody would show up.

The Verve Pipe and Vanilla Ice could headline and it would still sell out at this point, but I do think this lineup is really wonderful.

I call it 10 hours of great music a day with hardly any conflicts.

See: the Axver/Cobbler argument in the Splendour In The Grass over festival taste.

Totally convenient for me considering Friday is the weakest on my list. Shame if I have to miss M83, The Shins, and Passion Pit though. But hey, my semester ends on Friday so it'd be pretty damn difficult to get out to Chicago that day anyways.

Now I just gotta see if everyone down here is still on board.

Red Hot Chili Peppers/Avicii blows. Hard.

Thankfully, The Weeknd appears to be closing the Grove. Sexy.

Fuck Avicii. I've got no problem with seeing RHCP again, especially because they're still my favorite headliner. Bloc Party, Franz, Temper Trap, fun.,... Saturday just might be the best day.

Although hard to call over the Bombay Bicycle Club/Gaslight Anthem combo on Sunday.

Fun's audience is going to be shit, but I'm going to go if I can. I hope they play We Are Young first and everybody leaves after that.

You mean because everyone who wants to see them will want to see them just for that?

Or because they're playing opposite headliners or something?

Because they're basically a one-hit wonder, yeah.

I saw Grizzly Bear at Lolla a couple years back and got a 10 times better spot after Two Weeks.

I don't think 'one-hit wonder' is a fair choice of words but I get what you mean.

Kinda like how nobody could stomach Chiddy Bang here in Orlando until Opposite of Adults. Well... that's more people being ignorant and not appreciating decent music and just preferring songs that are full on samples of other artists music.

LuckyNumber7 said:
I don't think 'one-hit wonder' is a fair choice of words but I get what you mean.

Maybe not, but the majority of people going to see non-headliners at festivals are only going for one or two songs. When I saw Gotye at Pyramid there was a gigantic exodus after Somebody, even though it wasn't even the highlight of his set.

How are you affording flights from Florida btw? I thought college kids couldn't afford to buy a bottle of water.

I don't mean "one hit wonder" in a derogatory sense; the Flaming Lips were one hit wonders in the mainstream until Yoshimi. If M83 were to play Midnight City early the same thing would happen. Again, I hope it does.

Looks like I won't be seeing Black Keys. Oh wellz, they play Lolla every year.

Maybe not, but the majority of people going to see non-headliners at festivals are only going for one or two songs. When I saw Gotye at Pyramid there was a gigantic exodus after Somebody, even though it wasn't even the highlight of his set.

How are you affording flights from Florida btw? I thought college kids couldn't afford to buy a bottle of water.

There's a group of us. We're considering driving up there...

But my money comes from remainder scholarship money for each semester. I get about $600 for 4 months for my own free spending. Otherwise... I'm normally poor. Most of the scholarship money sends me to shows.

I don't mean "one hit wonder" in a derogatory sense; the Flaming Lips were one hit wonders in the mainstream until Yoshimi. If M83 were to play Midnight City early the same thing would happen. Again, I hope it does.

Looks like I won't be seeing Black Keys. Oh wellz, they play Lolla every year.

Well yeah but when I think one-hit wonder I think a band that's one-and-done. Can't really call a band who is currently at their highest point so far a one-hit wonder.

There's a lot of bands going in there with their one or two songs. I'd imagine Temper Trap gets the same treatment with Sweet Disposition, or Bombay Bicycle Club with Shuffle. Only reason that bothers me is because the audiences are usually sitting there staring away until they get that song. It's annoying, especially when you love that artist.

Guys, there's a great festival here. Why fight? Why It's not like we're stuck with Bonnaroo or something. :wink:

My system to figuring out the schedule/conflicts is to flip the lineup over and stick five artists in each time slot, since four artists typically play at once with one staggered between them. With that in mind, let's see this shithole I paid $200 for.

Friday

Dry The River
First Aid Kit
The War On Drugs
The Black Angels
Tame Impala
Metric
M83
The Shins
Black Sabbath

Saturday

Chairlift
Washed Out
Neon Indian
fun.
Tune-Yards
Franz Ferdinand
Bloc Party
The Weeknd

Sunday

The Sheepdogs
White Rabbits
Dum Dum Girls
The Gaslight Anthem
The Big Pink
Sigur Ros
Florence + The Machine
Jack White

Sunday is undoubtedly the weakest, but Friday and Saturday completely make up for it.

I bought two 3 day wristbands, however, my time off wasn't approved at work and now I cannot go :( this would've been my first visit to chicago & my first Lolla . Anyhow if anyone wants to buy them please PM me. *Le sigh*

I really hope someone benefits from my misfortune. It was not meant to be this year. Hopefully next :)

The tickets have just shipped and I will have them in hand by next week, and yes I am willing to sell 1 at a time, not the pair necessarily.

Please let me know if you're interested. All I'm asking for is face value. :)

The tickets have just shipped and I will have them in hand by next week, and yes I am willing to sell 1 at a time, not the pair necessarily.

Please let me know if you're interested. All I'm asking for is face value. :)

Edit: Just re-read your post before :(

Back
Top Bottom