Lollapalooza 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eh... in my book you're paying for every act you see, not every act present.

No, that figure based on every act you see. 8 hours a day at Lolla = 8 bands x 3 days = 24 bands /$200 = about $8.50 per act.

Also, the lineup is real. For the sake of clarity:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Black Keys -Black Sabbath
Jack White - Florence + the Machine - At the Drive-In

Avicii - The Shins - Justice -Passion Pit -Sigur Ros
The Weeknd -M83 - Miike Snow - The Afghan Whigs
Bloc Party - Franz Ferdinand - Frank Ocean -J. Cole
Childish Gambino - Delta Spirit - Metric - The Temper Trap
Wale - Die Antwoord - Dawes - tUnE-yArDs - The Head & the Heart
The Big Pink - Twin Shadow - The Tallest Man on Earth - Toro y Moi
Dr. Dog - Of Monsters and Men - Gary Clark Jr. - Alabama Shakes

The Gaslight Anthem - Amadou & Mariam - Band of Skulls -SBTRKT
Tame Impala - The Walkmen - JJ Grey & Mofro - fun. - Neon Indian
Dum Dum Girls - Washed Out - Aloe Blacc - Trampled by Turtles
Bear in Heaven - Blind Pilot - Chairlift - The Black Angels -Yellow Ostrich
Givers - Polica -Bombay Bicycle Club - Sharon Van Etten -White Rabbits
Doomtree - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Devil Makes Three -Oberhofer
The War on Drugs - Michael Kiwanuka - O Rappa -Bowerbirds - Orchard Lounge
Mona - The Growlers - Hey Rosetta! - JEFF the Brotherhood -Anamanaguchi
First Aid Kit -Wax - FIDLAR -JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound -Milo Greene -Los Jaivas
Kopecky Family Band - The Jezabels - LP - Yuna - Walk Off the Earth -Animal Kingdom
Dev - The Sheepdogs - The Dunwells - DJ Mel - Empires - Kevin Devine -Dry the River
Helena - Haley Reinhart - Imaginary Cities - Overdoz - Ambassadors - DJ Zebo
Chancellor Warhol - Laura Warshauer - Red Oblivion

Perry’s stage

Bassnectar - Kaskade - Calvin Harris
NERO - Santigold - Knife Party - Zeds Dead
Big Gigantic - Skream & Benga -Little Dragon
Porter Robinson - Sub Focus - Madeon - Zedd
Paper Diamond - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs - Star Slinger
Badastrom -DJ Nihal - SALVA -Kid Color​

How do you know that's real?

It's all over the net now, and it's in the Tribune too. Greg Kot has kept his mouth shut, but he's commenting on it here now:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...al-lineup-announced-20120410,0,2671599.column

Eh... my point being not everybody goes start to finish all hours of the day all three days.

If you're paying $200, I don't see why you wouldn't.

Even if you only see 18-20, it's still around $10 each. Not horrible.

It's all over the net now, and it's in the Tribune too. Greg Kot has kept his mouth shut, but he's commenting on it here now:

Lollapalooza 2012 lineup; festival lineup announced - chicagotribune.com

If you're paying $200, I don't see why you wouldn't.

Even if you only see 18-20, it's still around $10 each. Not horrible.

Sometimes you're paying for an act where you do just and up as one of those staring heads. I'll admit it, that was me during The Raconteurs. Only there to get a good spot for The Killers. For Orlando Calling, I saw a total of 4 acts that I went to see, and another 2-3 simply by being there (Racounteurs, Avett Brothers, Pixies).

I'm not saying it's not all the same thing anyway you bend it... but I really do like to think of it as 'paying for what I'm here for'. I'd imagine for someone like myself, it's more of a $20 an act. Which I'm totally fine with.

Yeah, I hear ya. I don't camp much, but it's tempting prospect when the act is just that good. After their 2010 bottleneck, I may camp for Metric.

But that will be tough to do when there are over 30 acts I'm excited about. Between Lolla and Saturday of Pitchfork:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Hot Chip
Sleigh Bells
Wild Flag
Flying Lotus
Lotus Plaza
Youth Lagoon
Cloud Nothings
-----
The Black Keys
Black Sabbath
Jack White
Florence
The Shins
Justice
Passion Pit
Sigur Ros
The Weeknd
M83
The Afghan Whigs
Bloc Party
Franz Ferdinand
Metric
Tune-Yards
Twin Shadow
The Tallest Man On Earth
Toro Y Moi
Alabama Shakes
The Gaslight Anthem
Amadou & Miriam
Tame Impala
The Walkmen
Fun.
Neon Indian
Dum Dum Girls
Washed Out
Bear In Heaven
Chairlift
Sharon Van Etten
The War on Drugs
First Aid Kit
Santigold

:drool: What an awesome summer for music this should be for me

I'm still waiting these 7 minutes out to see it be written on Lollapalooza.com.

But yeah, it's going to be an awesome summer in my book as well. This, Warped Tour, DC101 Chili Cookoff, all of the Palm Beach SunFest acts (who I'm just seeing individually rather than going to SunFest), Coldplay... and the best part is I know there are more shows to be announced.

Was The Cure ever on that leak on Sunday night?? Did I just look completely over them?

Oh hell no. They were HEAVILY rumored last year though (by supposed industry sources) and nothing came of that. They've been my Lolla white whale ever since.

Ah...

Okay so how long before they add Airborne Toxic Event now? I'll be counting the days.

Because there's a damn good chance I'm going to Lollapalooza at this point.

And St. Vincent, yeah.

Wait, where the fuck is Perry's on this list?

I'm guessing they just shifted all the oonts oonts to some thus-far-unnamed stage.

Not that great, really. I'm a bit disappointed. There's still a ton of cool music here, and a few that are definitely must sees for me:

Jack White
Bloc Party
Gambino
The Shins
Franz
Metric

Awesome shit there. But, yeah. Other than that, not much that I'm personally thrilled about.

But, still, Bloc Party alone makes this something to look forward to. What an awesome band. So glad they're back in the swing of things after all those weird "Kele is out of the band" rumors last year.

Like Eating Glass and This Modern Love will kill.

Just hoping there aren't any conflicts there. The mid-section is by far the best part of the festival, and Bloc Party are right in the thick of it. Obviously, it wouldn't be a decision for you, but Bloc Party vs. Franz/Metric would be awful for me.

Stuff I'm excited for:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Black Sabbath (eh, not a full set)
Passion Pit
M83
Franz Ferdinand
The Temper Trap
The Big Pink
fun.
The Gaslight Anthem
Bombay Bicycle Club
Mona

Stuff I have a feeling I will enjoy (but just really haven't listened to enough yet):

The Shins
Sigur Ros
Bloc Party
The Weeknd
Childish Gambino
Of Monsters and Men

Prime of that for me is:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Temper Trap
The Gaslight Anthem
Bombay Bicycle Club

followed by

M83
fun.
The Big Pink
Passion Pit
Franz
Mona

In that order.

Stuff I'm excited for:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Black Sabbath (eh, not a full set)
Passion Pit
M83
Franz Ferdinand
The Temper Trap
The Big Pink
fun.
The Gaslight Anthem
Bombay Bicycle Club
Mona

Stuff I have a feeling I will enjoy (but just really haven't listened to enough yet):

The Shins
Sigur Ros
Bloc Party
The Weeknd
Childish Gambino
Of Monsters and Men

Overall this would pretty much be the lineup I'd be focusing on, too :up:.

I'm really kinda sad I won't be going to this now.

Also:

Lolla goes from Two Door Cinema Club to Bombay Bicycle Club between 2011 and 2012. Two awesome bands. I'll be seeing both of them this summer!

When will stage times be sketched out?

June, I believe.

I can never really get excited about the fest until I know who I can actually see, but it gives me an opportunity to look into some new bands in the meantime.

Like Little Dragon! I've put off listening to her work for too long.

Yeah with the list I drew up there I'd be incredibly upset if I missed any of them...

Doesn't seem all too likely but you never know. Gotta wait to see who ends up on what days...

What a lousy, boring lineup. Coachella destroyed Bonnaroo and Lolla this year.

You guys got my hopes up by mentioning The Cure, but alas.

Got my hopes up, too. That would've fully satisfied the initial lack of strong headliners...

I was about to post 'now to get U2 to Lolla' and said 'I better not because I'll be slammed for that'. Then I remembered I wasn't in public, I am on Interference. I need more coffee.

Imperor said:
What a lousy, boring lineup. Coachella destroyed Bonnaroo and Lolla this year.

It's nearly always

1. Coachella
2. Lolla/ACL (C3 books them both, so they're rarely miles apart in quality)
30. Roo

And this year is no exception. Pulp alone gives Coachella an edge. That said, I love the lineup. Really, it's great. Last year was such an insult that this is musical fucking ambrosia in comparison. I'd go out of my way to see (and pay full price for) like 20 of these bands. That's up from about half a dozen last year.

I know I'm right because the idiots on the Lolla Facebook think the lineup is terrible. RHCP is the only saving grace!!1 Wherez Skrillexxx?? Who the fuck are "Sugar Rose"?? Sugar Ray I can get behind

The headliners aren't exactly thrilling me, but the undercard's pretty terrific, and for once, there are bands at Perry's I wanna see.

The problem with the headliners for me is:
*Good chance of Black Sabbath not actually being there, and if they are, being there without Bill Ward
*Red Hot Chili Peppers without Frusciante, hopefully they don't focus heavily on new material.
*Jack White headlining a solo show?
* I don't even really know who At the Drive In are, I'll have to check them out.
* The Black Keys...just...guh, it's not even that I don't like them so much as it is, they're at Lolla every fucking year.

Florence is cool.

Back
Top Bottom