Lollapalooza 2011 - 20th Anniversary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's become the Al Davis of music festivals now though. I'm not sure he knows what year it is, which would explain the lack of ANYTHING relating to the anniversary, like, I dunno, Smashing Pumpkins or Pearl Jam. Vedder is doing shit, anyway.

PJ is planning their own music festival for this year in the midwest, possibly in late summer as well. So that conflict might have something to do with it. Also, Matt Cameron has commitments with Soundgarden which might have been another conflict. I don't know. What do you mean by that last sentence?

GirlsAloudFan said:
PJ is planning their own music festival for this year in the midwest, possibly in late summer as well. So that conflict might have something to do with it. Also, Matt Cameron has commitments with Soundgarden which might have been another conflict. I don't know. What do you mean by that last sentence?

I just meant that at least they could have gotten Vedder solo for a side stage, as he is touring, yes? That could have been cool.

He's already playing two shows in Chicago on the tour. You're right, though, I guess he still could have done it. Don't know if his solo sets are very festival friendly, though.

I thought it was "I Got Shit"

Fucking great song.

I'm going to post a YouTube video of it, in case anybody hasn't heard it. It's somewhat obscure I suppose. Mr. Neil Young on guitar, too.

YouTube - Pearl Jam - I Got ID (aka Shit) - with lyrics

"STARE BACK AT ME..."

Chilling stuff.

Also, I'll join you guys in saying that the absence of Okkervil is a bummer.

A late addition, perhaps?

That's a pretty underwhelming lineup. First time I've looked at an American music festival lineup and some part of me hasn't thought about how I could afford it.

Lolla is just a breeding ground for sin. Sex, drugs, under-age drinking, over-age drinking, GAF, etc....you name it, and if it's morally wrong or just irresponsible, it's happening at Lolla. Look at this photo I took there a few years ago:

backstagecoachella.jpg

Fucking heathens.

That cannot be fucking real. Was the parent at least there, just out of shot?

There were cop cars and some dudes got taken away at the new years festival I went to last year/this year. The story was some girl was gang raped by eight blokes/was passed out in the foetal position.

Lolla is just a breeding ground for sin. Sex, drugs, under-age drinking, over-age drinking, GAF, etc....you name it, and if it's morally wrong or just irresponsible, it's happening at Lolla. Look at this photo I took there a few years ago:

backstagecoachella.jpg

Fucking heathens.

Why is yer picture named "backstagecoachella" if it happened at lolla? sounds like fibs to me :cute:

Anyway, my hotel is booked and 3 day pass to over-age drinking and immorality has been purchased. Might as well do 'er up before I get too fucking ancient to stand around for hours and think of creative ways to smuggle my booze in :sad:

My feet hurt already at the thought of impromptu blister surgery needing to be done in a wet and muddy field :sad:

Hmm, interesting...four "headliners" but only three nights, wonder who's dropping down a slot - Muse?

There are typically two headliners per night, one headliner for each main stage. The issue this year is the seven headliners, with only four on the top line of the poster. I have no idea what's going on with that. Someone will have to be relegated to Perry's (Deadmau5) or just drop entirely (APC).

One of the "top four" acts will be a sole headliner, one night. I don't know how much stock to put in the placement of the names, but I'd guess it'll be Eminem (as he's listed first). In 2008, Radiohead was the only headliner, on Friday night. That's what it'll be, this year, on one of the nights. Two headliners each, on two of the days; one headliner, on the other.

There are typically two headliners per night, one headliner for each main stage. The issue this year is the seven headliners, with only four on the top line of the poster. I have no idea what's going on with that. Someone will have to be relegated to Perry's (Deadmau5) or just drop entirely (APC).

Well unless Deadmau5 does go to Perry's then I would think Cee-Lo would be going to second slot, judging by order. Would guess then that one of the other top three would be going head to head with Eminem, probably Muse...

One of the "top four" acts will be a sole headliner, one night. I don't know how much stock to put in the placement of the names, but I'd guess it'll be Eminem (as he's listed first). In 2008, Radiohead was the only headliner, on Friday night. That's what it'll be, this year, on one of the nights. Two headliners each, on two of the days; one headliner, on the other.

If that happens, it will be Coldplay. I think we've already received confirmation of this. They're a better catch than Eminem, who is whoring himself out all over the place, and Coldplay may have new material by then. They're also a safer, less polarizing choice and will therefore force fewer people over to Perry's.

Muse will be friday (they are headlining Kanrocksas on Saturday) , foos are sunday for sure... Eminem has to do saturday because he is headlining Kanrocksas Music Festival on friday. So not sure where Coldplay is going but it will be on a dual headlining nite.

Muse will be friday (they are headlining Kanrocksas on Saturday) , foos are sunday for sure... Eminem has to do saturday because he is headlining Kanrocksas Music Festival on friday. So not sure where Coldplay is going but it will be on a dual headlining nite.

Can't imagine Coldplay and Muse going at the same time, probably not the Foos either although less so, so again, probably against Eminem, for the contrast.

Wow, Lollapalooza's 20th? I guess that makes sense since it's my 20th HS Reunion this summer. Still can't believe it though.

I was at the first two, the 4th one and then again in 2007. It would be fun to go, but no one band in particular is jumping out at me. I like the headliners (minus Eminem), but I am totally ignorant of most of the smaller bands. I suppose that would be a good reason to go and check them out, but I can't so...meh.

I miss The Jesus & Mary Chain and Lush. I guess I'm getting old.

Last edited:
Yeah, looking at the way they've spread it all out, this is a relatively unattractive Lollapalooza.

I mean, there are still a shit ton of awesome artists in one place for one weekend, but compared to past years it doesn't stack up.

It's not JUST that either. He's got all four of the bands I want to see most going at the same time. Bastard.

Back
Top Bottom