Lollapalooza 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
Lollapalooza 2009 lineup. Announced. The big headliners are a bit underwhelming for me, but there are some great, great bands scattered throughout the thing. And you can't beat the August Chicago heat.

* Depeche Mode
* Tool
* The Killers
* Jane's Addiction
* Beastie Boys
* Kings of Leon

* Lou Reed
* Ben Harper and Relentless7
* Thievery Corporation
* Snoop Dogg
* Rise Against
* Andrew Bird
* TV on the Radio

* Vampire Weekend
* The Decemberists
* Neko Case
* STS9 (Sound Tribe Sector 9)
* Animal Collective
* Band of Horses
* Of Montreal

* Arctic Monkeys
* Coheed and Cambria
* Ben Folds
* Fleet Foxes
* Silversun Pickups
* Kaiser Chiefs
* Crystal Castles
* Bon Iver
* Santigold
* Atmosphere
* Dan Auerbach
* Cold War Kids
* Deerhunter
* Lykke Li
* Robert Earl Keen
* Peter Bjorn and John
* Heartless Bastards
* Gomez
* Glasvegas
* Federico Aubele
* Dan Deacon
* Passion Pit
* Zap Mama
* The Raveonettes
* The Gaslight Anthem

* The Airborne Toxic Event
* White Lies
* Ra Ra Riot
* No Age
* Asher Roth
* Los Campesinos!
* Bat For Lashes
* Chairlift
* Gang Gang Dance
* The Virgins
* Amazing Baby
* Portugal. The Man
* The Knux
* Ida Maria
* Delta Spirit
* Friendly Fires
* Manchester Orchestra
* Constantines
* Ezra Furman & The Harpoons
* Hockey
* Miike Snow
* Alberta Cross
* Hey Champ
* Sam Roberts Band
* The Henry Clay People
* Davy Knowles and Back Door Slam
* Cage the Elephant
* Living Things
* The Low Anthem
* Blind Pilot
* Langhorne Slim
* Other Lives
* The Builders and The Butchers
* Eric Church
* Joe Pug
* Kevin Devine
* The Greencards
* Carney
* Thenewno2

Lollapalooza: August 7-9, 2009

Lou Reed is one of the few artists I haven't had the opportunity to see.

Him alone makes this lineup good.

And, of course, Los Camp!

Not bad, not great. It's really lacking in must-see acts IMO. But there are a ton of artists there I would be interested to see. Of particular note:

* The Killers
* Beastie Boys
* Lou Reed
* Andrew Bird
* TV on the Radio
* The Decemberists
* Neko Case
* Animal Collective
* Arctic Monkeys
* Fleet Foxes
* Bon Iver
* Deerhunter

Not bad, not great. It's really lacking in must-see acts IMO. But there are a ton of artists there I would be interested to see. Of particular note:

* The Killers
* Beastie Boys
* Lou Reed
* Andrew Bird
* TV on the Radio
* The Decemberists
* Neko Case
* Animal Collective
* Arctic Monkeys
* Fleet Foxes
* Bon Iver
* Deerhunter

Funny how much I agree with you here :hmm:

Also funny how badly I want to see Snoop Dogg

I like the lineup despite its lack of a big time headliner. We're one week away from being disappointed by the ACL lineup, but I'll be fine if it pulls some of these guys:

* Lou Reed
* Andrew Bird
* TV on the Radio
* Vampire Weekend
* The Decemberists
* Neko Case
* Animal Collective
* Band of Horses
* Of Montreal
* Fleet Foxes
* Bon Iver
* Santigold
* Deerhunter
* Passion Pit
* Los Campesinos!
* Bat For Lashes
* Chairlift
* Manchester Orchestra

I'm glad NSW isn't here so you guys are spared yet another tired story about how much I suck for canceling my 2008 Lolla trip at the eleventh hour due to factors beyond my control.

I'm glad NSW isn't here so you guys are spared yet another tired story about how much I suck for canceling my 2008 Lolla trip at the eleventh hour due to factors beyond my control.

:hmm: I think I remember that, it was too bad. :(

The lineup has a lot of artists I'd like to see...not the headliners so much. It does happen to be on a weekend, when I'm guaranteed time off from work, so maybe I'll make it down this year, finally. :up:

Not nearly as good as last year's, but I'll probably go anyway. It has become a tradition

Tool
The Killers
Lou Reed
TV on the Radio
Arctic Monkeys
Kaiser Chiefs
Crystal Castles
Deerhunter
Portugal, the Man

and perhaps a few others

and we always end up checking out cool bands we had never heard before, so it should be fun

If I had been able to score one of those $60 tix, I would go. Alas, I was not. I just hope that DM and LC! will be playing on the same day. If not, I guess I'm just seeing DM...and whoever else's playing, that day.

Not nearly as good as last year's, but I'll probably go anyway. It has become a tradition

Tool
The Killers
Lou Reed
TV on the Radio
Arctic Monkeys
Kaiser Chiefs
Crystal Castles
Deerhunter
Portugal, the Man

and perhaps a few others

and we always end up checking out cool bands we had never heard before, so it should be fun

Yeah, last year's lineup was incredible. It hurt not being able to go. I actually have a very good reason to go out to the Chicago area in early August, so I may try to see you guys there.

Also, please help my cause and start praying for an LC! after-party show. I'm hoping that they try to cram them into the Empty Bottle, or something, for a late-night show. Would be magnificent. I hear that they nearly burned that place to the ground, a while ago. I'd love to see a second go-round.

Just looked at the lineup again and noticed Glasvegas will be there as well as Gomez. If they just don't conflict all over the place I should have moments of Happy for three days.

Seeing for sure:

DM
Neko
Bon Iver
Of Montreal
MSTRKRFT
The Airborne Toxic Event
Killers

Maybe Gaslight Anthem if they're the best choice for the time and location

* Depeche Mode
* The Killers
* Jane's Addiction
* Beastie Boys
* Kings of Leon

* Lou Reed
* Ben Harper and Relentless7
* Snoop Dogg
* Andrew Bird
* TV on the Radio

* Vampire Weekend
* The Decemberists
* Arctic Monkeys
* Fleet Foxes
* Glasvegas
* Federico Aubele
* The Gaslight Anthem
* The Airborne Toxic Event
* White Lies
* Constantines
* Sam Roberts Band
* Cage the Elephant

I like all of these, and I'm sure by the time I've checked some of the others out I'll have major conflicts :angry:

:lol: NSW laughing at someone cancelling. Were you vomiting or anything?

Damn, I'm moving to Chicago the week after this festival. Hopefully I will make it to future lollapaloozas.

So, I got my 3day pass. I'm super excited. I've yet to see DM live, and I missed KoL because I was sick last week. Plus, I just love Ben Folds. He's such a sweet guy and I like watching his shows. This is gonna be AWESOME!

Since ACL sucks but is on the house for me this year, I'm hammering out details for Bonn Bonn, Loller, or All Points West.

More to come.

The schedule is out.

Friday, back to back to back at the same stage will be Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, and Andrew Bird. I can get high and have a mellow acousticy hell of a great time.

Saturday, back to back to back at the same stage are Los Campesinos!, Arctic Monkeys, and TV On The Radio. I can get drunk and have a rocking out electric guitary hell of a great time.

Lollapalooza 2009 Schedule

Fuck. Yes.

The only day that I am able to make is Friday, and it just so happens that two of my top three acts - Depeche Mode and Fleet Foxes - are both playing on that day. Andrew Bird should be great as well.

The Bird Man is awesome live, you'll both enjoy that.

GAF's Friday and Saturday plans sound wonderful, except I'd probably say skip the Monkeys to go to the autograph tent, meet Chairlift, and pork Caroline. Goddammit GAF! I swear to God if you don't fuck her, I'll kill myself! GAF! Please! Please, GAF! Fuck her for me! For me!*

Saturday's looking great, with Los Camps!, an AC DJ set, Chairlift, Hercules DJ Set, Santi, TVOTR, and Lykke.

*bonus points for naming the underrated teen sex romp

The Girl Next Door. And I will fuck her.

I'm so pumped for this Lollapalooze. So excited, in fact, that I just listened to Hold on Now, Youngster... for the first time in a while and it kicked my ass. I just wish that there were better big headliners. I'm sure I'll end up just seeing Tool on Saturday. I don't know a damn thing about Tool. I might have to study up.

I know where GAF will be at 11:30 on Sunday:

CBOFsm.jpg

If all goes to plan, I intend to see you guys there. Friday looks the thinnest of the three, but man, Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes in the same day? Awesome.

Wait, are we going to be at the same place at the same time?

Are you saying that as in, you can't believe what I'm saying, or are you saying that as in, "OMG we're going to be in the same place at the same time?!" Cause, both could easily be true.

Back
Top Bottom