Lollapalooza 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two days motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday = Los Campesinos! -> Arctic Monkeys -> TV On The Radio -> Yeah Yeah Yeahs

:heart:

Unbelievable. I almost couldn't have dreamt of a better four band stretch than that on the same stage.

Maybe Ramones -> Beatles -> Original G'N'R lineup -> Frank Sinatra. But that would be about the only thing to rival this. :wink:

The schedule is out.

Friday, back to back to back at the same stage will be Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, and Andrew Bird. I can get high and have a mellow acousticy hell of a great time.

Saturday, back to back to back at the same stage are Los Campesinos!, Arctic Monkeys, and TV On The Radio. I can get drunk and have a rocking out electric guitary hell of a great time.

Lollapalooza 2009 Schedule

Fuck. Yes.

don't hog the weed, gaf!

don't hog the weed, gaf!

I never hog the weed. In fact, peasants far and wide come to worship at my feet and sing in unison of "the generous one"

That's actually a lie. But, yeah, we'll smoke that shit down and get high and hear a bunch of good music.

I leave for Chicago tomorrow. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Awesome.

I've been living underground and eating from a can. I don't even have to leave for Chicago. It is me and I am it.

God, I'm lame.

I wish ________ was headlining this festival. :sad:

I am seeing DM, tomorrow. And throwing bottles of urine at the other so-called "performers." Bastards.

Excited enough to not lob any death threats in my general direction this week.

ORD is airport code for O'Hare

I wish I could go tomorrow to but I have to work, I'm lucky to get Friday off.
Anybody else at the Hard Rock?

(it's not just an av it's a tattoo!)

Ooooh, I'm flying into Midway.
Is that your tattoo? If so, sweet! Clever idea.
Hard Rock? Is that where the party is on Friday?

NSW, will you finally be able to see LC!, on Saturday? I hope so. Try to get as close as you're comfortable getting, so that you don't have to deal with (as) crappy festival sound. You know how precise they sound on record, and I'm sure you can imagine how imprecise they must sound from 50 yards back.

Well, Friday is over and I survived. Sadly, DM played for only about 95 minutes. Really fucking disappointing, I must say. Still, their setlist was brilliant, and I have now, finally, heard "Fly on the Windscreen." That was awesome.

Other than that, Crystal Castles absolutely killed. I couldn't believe it, but there it was. Amazing set. Whipped the place up into a frenzy. That was it, though. I didn't see any terrible performances, but I didn't see any other notable ones, either. Overall, a wet, cold, not-too-disappointing, slightly overpriced day. I hope that the short DM set didn't have anything to do with Gahan's health.

Bands don't usually play full two hour sets at festivals from my experience, even if they're the headliners.

Pearl Jam didn't play much longer than 90 minutes a couple years ago, from what I remember.

The headliners all get 90 minutes, 8:30pm-10:00pm.

Will NSW be there today?

Nope.

:(

Nope, DM got two hours. 8:00-10:00. They played from 8:10 to 9:46. Unacceptable. Totally unacceptable. All the bands maxed out on time, last year. I know. I was there. Radiohead played from 8:00:13 to 10:00:07.

Nope, DM got two hours. 8:00-10:00. They played from 8:10 to 9:46. Unacceptable. Totally unacceptable. All the bands maxed out on time, last year. I know. I was there. Radiohead played from 8:00:13 to 10:00:07.

I was there last year, too, and I guess I WAS WRONG GASP!!!

And, to be honest, today, I don't give a fuck, I just sort of want to stop puking.

Just like the song, I guess. Which they did play and which was pretty awesome. ;) You better get better, for tomorrow. That's too much money down the drain, if you miss out on the last day, too!

Just like the song, I guess. Which they did play and which was pretty awesome. ;) You better get better, for tomorrow. That's too much money down the drain, if you miss out on the last day, too!

Right now, there's no way in fuck I make it tomorrow. At least I get to watch Yanks/Sox, it's my silver lining.

They are now streaming the Animal Collective set. Wow. Daringly awful, after 40 minutes. A friend, via text: "I was just thinking that maybe they're pissed at someone or trying to get off their label or something." Yowza.

To add positivity, though--Crystal Castles annihilated. Brilliant set. Also, Gaslight Anthem was earnestly fun and solid. Notably loud and fun. And when DM was actually playing, rather than bailing, stalling, or taking encore breaks, they were hella-good.

They are now streaming the Animal Collective set. Wow. Daringly awful, after 40 minutes. A friend, via text: "I was just thinking that maybe they're pissed at someone or trying to get off their label or something." Yowza.

Ugh, yeah, I'm watching it now. They're playing "Brothersport," which is one of my favorites off of MPP, and Avey Tare is just yelping into a mic while Panda Bear moans into his. It's pretty horrific. Disappointing, to say the least.

Well, they're not, so don't worry.

Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear that you're not going to make it out to the festival.

I must admit, oneblood...I think that "Brother Sport" sounds pretty magical. Really, though, that's because all that's ever kept me trying, with this band, is the promise of more Avey Tare shrieking. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. That's all "Peacebone" is to me--a series of glorious, perfectly orchestrated squeals. Amazing shit. Still, though...those poor people. The heat index is around 99, and the humidity in the post-90% range. It must be murder.

Meh, if it were me, I'd be whining a whole lot more than you are, so have at it.

According to Spin Magazine's Twitter, their favorite set of the day so far was Atmosphere. Holla, MN/Minneapolis pride! :up:

The weather is indeed a mess today. The combo of the weather and me having zero energy left will probably mean that I miss tomorrow, too. Maybe I can watch someone get mugged from my balcony. Shouter, bunch of muggings in LP lately, including one right in front of my building on Thursday night.

Back
Top Bottom