Lollapalooza 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
Full lineup is going to be announced Monday, but some of the major acts have leaked:

http://stereogum.com/archives/lollapalooza-2008-headliners-partial-lineup-leaked_008709.html

Radiohead
Nine Inch Nails
Rage Against The Machine
The Raconteurs
Wilco
Kanye West

Grizzly Bear
Gnarls Barkley
The Black Keys
Broken Social Scene
Mates Of State
Bloc Party
Cat Power
Stephen Malkmus
Girl Talk
Kid Sister
The Cool Kids
Battles
The Go! Team
Jamie Lidell
Office
Blues Traveler
G. Love & Special Sauce

I'm kind of in love with this lineup right now. Radiohead, RAGE, Raconteurs, Wilco, RAGE, Bloc Party, Broken Social Scene, RAGE, Battles, The Go! Team, Gnarls Barkley, and RAGE?!?!

UNGH! I'm so there. Who's with me?

:shocked:

I was already considering a trip down for Lolla, but now, it's looking like it MUST happen.

Radiohead
The Raconteurs
Wilco
Kanye West
Grizzly Bear
Gnarls Barkley
The Black Keys
Broken Social Scene
Bloc Party
Cat Power
Battles

Not bad at all.

The only band I'm interested in from that lineup is Radiohead. Seriously, why can't there be a festival featuring REM, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Tori Amos, Porcupine Tree, Muse, Keane, Snow Patrol, The Killers... you know people that are actually well known? It seems like every time there is a festival I don't even know 90% or more of who's playing!

Okay I'll go away now.

Then go listen to Broken Social Scene.

Right now.

Nice lineup. I'm already making one trip to Chicago this summer, but this might make me think about making another.

Zootlesque said:
The only band I'm interested in from that lineup is Radiohead. Seriously, why can't there be a festival featuring REM, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Tori Amos, Porcupine Tree, Muse, Keane, Snow Patrol, The Killers... you know people that are actually well known? It seems like every time there is a festival I don't even know 90% or more of who's playing!

Okay I'll go away now.

Muse played Lolla last summer...

but, anyway, it'd be unbelievably difficult to get all of those bands to show up at one festival.

Zootlesque said:

Okay I'll go away now.

Zoots, you NEED TO GO LISTEN TO BLOC PARTY!!!! I know you've been told this before by Xavi!

They only have 2 albums: "Silent Alarm" and "A Weekend In The City", so it's not like you have a huge back catalogue to cull through.

Listen to Bloc Party and then you can be in the know!!!

:D

:wink:

onebloodonelife said:

Muse played Lolla last summer...

but, anyway, it'd be unbelievably difficult to get all of those bands to show up at one festival.

So did Pearl Jam

The headliners are all well known... Rage, Kanye? You don't think they're well known? :huh:

I second listening to Bloc Party and Broken Social Scene. do it!

and i'm still excited about Monday for the full lineup

anyone have any predictions on how fast tickets will sell out?

Zootles, I'm here to help. I'm going to assign you one album by each of the artists (other than Radiohead) I was excited to see on this lineup:

The Raconteurs - Either of their two works
Wilco - Anything but AM. I think you'd like A Ghost is Born best.
Kanye West - Graduation
Grizzly Bear - Yellow House
Gnarls Barkley - Either of their two works, again
The Black Keys - Rubber Factory
Broken Social Scene - You Forgot it in People
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Cat Power - You Are Free or Moon Pix or The Greatest
Battles - Mirrored

Now go listen.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! Yeah I do have some Bloc Party in my itunes but I just haven't gone out and got their album yet. And AB, I know Rage and Kanye are popular. I'm just not that into them. :slant: :reject:

unico said:
with every band snippeting Delilah :wink:

Yup. :hi5: :madwife:

Band list released on WXRT this Monday morning...I would be a little surprised if this list would be accurate. I would also be going!

Zootlesque said:
It seems like every time there is a festival I don't even know 90% or more of who's playing!

Sounds like YOUR problem....not ours! :D

I third BSS....like Impy said, GO LISTEN NOW!

zonelistener said:

I third BSS....like Impy said, GO LISTEN NOW!

Word.

Just saw them in Tokyo, a few weeks ago, and even though it was a pared-down lineup, it was still a really wonderful show. I nearly wept for joy, during the best version of "7/4" I've ever seen--more than 15 people on stage, for that one, including an entire local Japanese band that BSS'd met at a train station, that afternoon, and invited to play brass, keys, a guitar or three, and even provide some vocals for certain songs, after finding out that they were huge fans. You should've seen these kids--they were the happiest, proudest people I've ever seen, and their joy was overwhelming, contagious, and totally uninhibited. God, what a night/song...

Okkervil! Explosions! The NATIONAL!

So what have I got then? Let's see...

Radiohead
Kanye
Wilco
The Raconteurs
Bloc Party
The Black Keys
Gnarls Barkley
Broken Social Scene
Cat Power
Lupe Fiasco
THE NATIONAL OMG
Explosions
Okkervil
Battles
Grizzly Bear

That's 15 I'd absolutely love to see (even though I've seen 9 before, some several times). That makes for a great lineup.

ACL's comes out a week from tomorrow. I don't see it beating this.

don't forget Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, Gogol Bordello!!!

I think this is better than last year. I'm so there. My third year

T H E N A T I O N A L!!!!!

Damn, I'm definitely there. The addition of Explosions makes light shoot out of my chest, yeah, that's how happy I am about this lineup.

zonelistener said:
O.K. - I will go this year.

Maybe...just realized my local Radiohead show is Aug. 3.

yeah wtf :angry:

oh well, i really don't have any money right now anyway, so im gonna wait til i have enough money for Lolla and just go to that. It'd be great to just go to a Radiohead show, but I'd much rather get the chance to check out them and so many other awesome bands

AtomicBono said:

yeah wtf :angry:

oh well, i really don't have any money right now anyway, so im gonna wait til i have enough money for Lolla and just go to that. It'd be great to just go to a Radiohead show, but I'd much rather get the chance to check out them and so many other awesome bands

I think I am going to focus just on the Radiohead show knowing that I rather see a full Radiohead set rather than a scaled back one at a festival where I will be a million miles from the stage. That's just me though. Tough choice. I would REALLY like to see Love and Rockets again. Hopefully they will tour outside of Lollapalooza.

IMPY: When is ACL?

September 26-28

Lineup is out Tuesday.

I'm in the process of working out my flights and hotel for Lolla. It's going to be quite an expense, but the once and future Miss impy really wants to go and already has her plane ticket. I can't say no to that.

Back
Top Bottom