Lollapalooza 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMacPhisto said:
Don't be thick in front of me

I could attempt to retort with yet another TWBB drop. I'm normally quick to do so. But I'm going to take the high road:

2ccs16s.jpg

It may be hard, but you're going to have to rough it out and follow through.

If I rough it out and follow through and find out that you're a liar, I'll find you and take more than my Michael Scott picture back, is that alright with you?

I read that as Sailor Moon for a second and thought, "Damn, she really does get around."

The second part of that post is still true though.

Last years lineup really made me want to go...This year, not so much

But I can't wait for Zootlepalooza 08 :hyper:

I'm holding out for Lance's Momapalooza, I heard there are going to be tons of acts walking all over that stage.

Let's just say this festival doesn't prohibit re-entry.

Alright, guys. I'm going. It's just about official. Found a hotel for 139 a night a mere mile and a half from Grant Park, got a decent rate on roundtrip airfare from here in Austin.

Chicagoans, I have a question here:

I've got that aforementioned hotel for 139 a night within walking distance. There is also another hotel about 10 miles away from the Park by Midway Airport (which I'll be flying into) for 60 dollars a night. Do you reckon the cost of cab fare throughout the city for the weekend is enough to warrant staying in a hotel I could walk everywhere from?

Yes. You do not want to have to commute from Midway the entire time you are in town.

However, where is the walking distance hotel located? It might not be somewhere you want to be walking to and from.

Yeah, you're fine. That's right downtown, there's actually tons of shit right there in terms of restaurants, bars, entertainment, etc. That walk will go by pretty quickly.

That's good news. I'll be booking that one then. Comes out to about 654 to split between the lady and myself. That's not bad at all.

Right now with airfare, hotel, and Lolla tickets, it's at $858. I figure I take about $150-200 for spending money and I should be good. So all told, the trip will be about a grand. I think I can handle that.

Zootlesque said:
The only band I'm interested in from that lineup is Radiohead. Seriously, why can't there be a festival featuring REM, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Tori Amos, Porcupine Tree, Muse, Keane, Snow Patrol, The Killers... you know people that are actually well known? It seems like every time there is a festival I don't even know 90% or more of who's playing!

Okay I'll go away now.

Just wanted to quote this so I could laugh in your sad little face. :lol:

That's all.

Thought I'd bump this thread since the schedule is out:

Lollapalooza 2008 - Friday, August 1

Bloc Party playing right before Radiohead on AT&T stage= :drool:

I may just stay at that stage all day so I can get right up front. I've heard good things about Gogol Bordello and I don't really know much about any bands playing before that. I'd kinda want to see The Go! Team and Louis XIV, but the idea of being at the very front of a Radiohead show... :drool:

Saturday I'll be moving around more. I'm sad to see Wilco vs. Rage, though I kind of expected it and I think it's a fair split, since generally those bands are gonna attract two different crowds. Seeing as I've already seen Wilco I'm gonna have to go with Rage, though I would have LOVED to see Wilco in Chicago. Lupe Fiasco vs Broken Social Scene (and Battles! geez!) also sucks, but I'll prolly go with Lupe so I'll be at AT&T longer. definitely will see Explosions in the Sky as well

Sunday is prolly the day I'm least excited about... I'll prolly go Gnarls Barkley-The National-Kanye at the end of the day.

How bout you all? Who all is going anyway? Maybe we could have an Interference get together

Great bump, AtomicBomo!

Why is it a great bump?

Because it allowed me to read this slice of brilliance:

I'm holding out for Lance's Momapalooza, I heard there are going to be tons of acts walking all over that stage.

Let's just say this festival doesn't prohibit re-entry.

Thought I'd bump this thread since the schedule is out:

Lollapalooza 2008 - Friday, August 1

I may just stay at that stage all day so I can get right up front. I've heard good things about Gogol Bordello and I don't really know much about any bands playing before that. I'd kinda want to see The Go! Team and Louis XIV, but the idea of being at the very front of a Radiohead show... :drool:

Saturday I'll be moving around more. I'm sad to see Wilco vs. Rage, though I kind of expected it and I think it's a fair split, since generally those bands are gonna attract two different crowds. Seeing as I've already seen Wilco I'm gonna have to go with Rage, though I would have LOVED to see Wilco in Chicago. Lupe Fiasco vs Broken Social Scene (and Battles! geez!) also sucks, but I'll prolly go with Lupe so I'll be at AT&T longer. definitely will see Explosions in the Sky as well

Sunday is prolly the day I'm least excited about... I'll prolly go Gnarls Barkley-The National-Kanye at the end of the day.

How bout you all? Who all is going anyway? Maybe we could have an Interference get together

I'll be there. Like you, on Friday, my ass will be camped out at AT&T, somewhere. Saturday = Rage for me, preceded with a lot of wandering around. Explosions will be seen, so will be Broken Social Scene.

Sunday = The National and wandering around.

Impy is going, this I know. I think it's a safe bet that a lot of us will be at Bloc Party on Friday.....I am not going anywhere near you on Saturday for Rage, as I don't want to incur any injuries.

Now that I've spent just about all the money I have for concerts this year, I'm sort of wishing I would've saved some for this. I was just in Chicago two weeks ago, and I forgot how much I like it. I do need to see Wilco in Chicago at some point, and I've always wanted to see Lollapalooza but never had the chance to, even back when it was a tour. I'm hopeful that with Sonic Youth working on a new album that they may be part of the lineup, and if both SY and Wilco are on the billing next year, I'm there.

I may just stay at that stage all day so I can get right up front.

A scenario like this is EXACTLY why I agreed to fly across country to go to the All Points West festival. For me, it was 2 of my Top 3 favs: Underworld into Radiohead. :drool: :drool: I just couldn't pass that up.

And like you, Atomic, I already told my friend that he and I are camping out in front of that friggin stage all day so we can be up front for Underworld and Radiohead.

YAY! for kick-ass bands at festivals!!!!! :yippie:

I will be at the AT & T stage all day Friday to catch Bloc Party and the Radioheaders. :drool:

I'll be the one with a beer in my left hand, a cigarette in my right, a blonde on my arm, and a red rose tucked in my front jacket pocket...

Ack! I can't decide if I want to drop the cash and come down to Chicago again this summer...:hmm:

GAF will be the drunk guy with grass stains on his ass, hallucinating that he's at the show with a woman.

Hahaha

Damn it, NSW, you caught me. :angry:

No, but I actually will be there. I might just stand next to a hot blonde girl and pretend that she came to the festival with me.

I requested the weekend off...and as soon as I get my money put back in my bank account (stupid ATM errors :mad: ), I'll buy the tickets. I have a Citi credit card, so I can get the 3 day pass for $175. :drool:

Where's everyone staying? I think I'm going to go back to this youth hostel downtown that I stayed at for the R.E.M. concert. It was $35 per night and just a couple blocks from Grant Park.

EDIT: ...Or maybe not. I guess that's what I get for not booking way ahead of time. The only vacancy I found was at the Hilton, which would've cost me over $800 for the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom