LM's Top 10 Albums and Best Of 2008 playlist...thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved PJ opening for U2 - I was in the heart for one of those shows.

I also have some vague and possibly wrong impression that I saw the Sugarcubes open for U2 at MSG during ZooTV. Is that possible?

I am not sure. Where is Axver when needed. I never saw PJ open for U2 until Hawaii, but it was worth the wait.

I also have some vague and possibly wrong impression that I saw the Sugarcubes open for U2 at MSG during ZooTV. Is that possible?

After looking through U2tours, it appears that Pixies opened for U2 at MSG, which is even better.

After looking through U2tours, it appears that Pixies opened for U2 at MSG, which is even better.

Hmm. Okay, so the conversation must have been that my friend's boyfriend was hoping to see the Sugarcubes but we got The Pixies instead. The Pixies is sort of ringing a bell but honestly, I don't remember anything except U2, which I remember vividly (it helps, of course, to have a DVD of that tour).

I also enjoyed seeing one of martha's all-time favorite bands, No Doubt, open for U2 in Denver. :mac:

Yeah, I got to see Institute.

Gavin Rossdale air-humping gloriously? Oh-ee!

I can't believe people complained about getting Kanye. Buncha honkies.

Might check out this DeerHunter mob. Read one review that they're ambient, which intrigues me.....

Took me all day to write this out. I hope it wasn't total crap.

This is the exact reason I think I'm going to skip on doing a list again this year. I always spend far more time and effort on it than I should, and it drives me nuts when I look at it 3 days later and already don't agree with the order I made. Maybe I'll change my mind, probably won't.

Regardless, good list, LeMeL. Me rikey.

This is the exact reason I think I'm going to skip on doing a list again this year. I always spend far more time and effort on it than I should, and it drives me nuts when I look at it 3 days later and already don't agree with the order I made. Maybe I'll change my mind, probably won't.

Regardless, good list, LeMeL. Me rikey.

Go back to your parents' house.

Go back to your parents' house.

penn_stfu.gif

Yes, I too am awesome at card tricks, or whatever the hell it is that Penn and Teller do.

I actually went to the Jazz game Friday night, even got a free Jazz blanket. So there and stuff.

The bookends of that album are incredible.

Agreed. The reason I don't rate Bon Iver higher is because I think the album tends to meander a bit too much during the middle, and it gets a bit muddled and boring for me.

But there's no denying the beginning and the end, where the best songs are, which is enough to elevate this album for me.

I bought a few albums today, two inspired by this list:

Modern Guilt and In Ghost Colours.

Also, I probably need to go back and give Dear Science a few more listens.

I'm going to make an album called Deer Science and the cover will be a stag in a lab coat.

I bought a few albums today, two inspired by this list:

Modern Guilt and In Ghost Colours.

Also, I probably need to go back and give Dear Science a few more listens.

Awesome. Keep us informed on how that goes.

In Ghost Colours really caught on here at Interference, but I can't think of too many that listened to Modern Guilt here. I know Impy and Tourist liked it.

Awesome. Keep us informed on how that goes.

In Ghost Colours really caught on here at Interference, but I can't think of too many that listened to Modern Guilt here. I know Impy and Tourist liked it.

Impy and I seem have to have relatively similar tastes, so that bodes well. When Tourist and I agree, I then think everyone should treat it as gospel.

Back
Top Bottom