Live! Tonight! Your 2011 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In less than a month, the U2 concert that I bought tickets for in November of 2009 will finally be taking place at the New Meadowlands Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ. Finally!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

I went to tons of shows each of the last several years, but surprisingly I haven't gotten around to any this year. :|

Hoping my schedule works out so I can catch a Foster the People show. Maybe the Foo Fighters (we'll see once the rest of their schedule is released next week). And of course if Radiohead ever announces their King of Limbs tour...

Previously...

February 16 - Fitz & the Tantrums, Brooklyn
March 30 - U2, Buenos Aires
April 2 - U2, Buenos Aires
April 3 - U2, Buenos Aires
May 1 - The Strokes, Girl Talk, RaRa Riot and others @ the Sweetlife Festival, Columbia, MD
May 21 - U2, Denver
June 22 - U2, Baltimore
July 5 - Soundgarden, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, The Flaming Lips, Tegan & Sarah @ Ottawa Bluesfest, Ottawa, Ontario
July 8 - U2, Montreal
July 9 - U2, Montreal
July 20 - U2, New Jersey
September 8 - TV On the Radio & Broken Social Scene, Brooklyn

So things seem to be picking up for late summer, and I hope that continues into fall to make up for the lack of (non-U2) shows earlier in the year. Just picked up this week:

September 18 - Coldplay, Richard Ashcroft, others @ TAKLiberty Festival, New Jersey
September 25 - Elbow, NYC

Coldplay better not make me regret that... ;)

Shows gone -

Gary Barlow 40th Birthday Shepherds Bush Jan 20
Manic Street Preachers Brixton Academy Jan 21/22
White Lies - Shepherds Bush Feb 10/11
Foo Fighters - Wembley Arena Feb 25, Dingwalls Feb 26
Duran Duran - Shepherds Bush Mar 7
Kylie Minogue (deep breath) - Barcelona Mar 12, Paris Mar 15, Cardiff Mar 25/26, Manchester April 1/2, London O2 April 7/8/9/11/12, Washington DC April 30, New York May 2/3/4
Katy Perry - Hammersmith Mar 17/18/19
Jamiroquai - London O2 April 21
Roger Waters - May 12/17/18 (May 12 - the night David Gilmour & Nick Mason were there)
Kaiser Chiefs - Camden Electric Ballroom Jun 16
The Killers - London Scala June 22/23
Bon Jovi - London Hyde Park June 25

To come -

Take That - Wembley Stadium June 30, July 8
Foo Fighters - Milton Keynes July 2
Beady Eye - Somerset House July 12
Blondie - Somerset House July 13
Muse - Reading Festival Aug 28
Katy Perry - London O2 Oct 14/15
George Michael - Royal Albert Hall Oct 28/29, Royal Opera House Nov 6, Birmingham Dec 9, Earls Court Dec 19
Bryan Adams - London O2 Dec 8

Also some rearranged Duran shows, not sure which ones yet as some clash with other shows.

It's been a good year so far :drool:

Prob not to be on here but I spent a day at Oxegen Festival on Sat there, because of the Foo Fighters (yes, I love them, I fancy Dave Grohl and little Tayler - but I do love RHCP a little more, lol), and got to see a little of 2 Door Cinema Club, Deadmau5, Plan B, Beady Eye, Arctic Monkeys.

Sadly we left 5 songs before Foo finished, I actually waited to hear Best of You before leaving at all cause I was hoping the crowd would be amazing at the Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou solo, like their gig at Wembley, but the crowd fucking sucked at it :(, cant believe I missed Wheels and Times Like These, just to get coach back to car and get drivin home to avoid long queues in the coooooooold.

LOL!

I had a great time regardless, still cant believe I saw Foo in the flesh, I could see Dave and Tyler on the stage, and Dave is so awesome and charming with the crowd, I just love how he interacts and Taylor and him have beautiful smile :D:D, but the worst thing was, we were at the barrier break for Beady Eye, and unfort had to leave at Arctics due to heavy crowd pushers and punches in back of head, expected at festivals but better if you can join in if you like the band - otherwise I would have seen Dave Grohl a LOT better/closer up about 3 hours later, and THAT would have been amazing and pure luck!!!!! :doh: ah well. LOL.

this would be the point where i'd say well shit, i haven't actually gone to any of the shows that i said i was psyched about earlier in this thread, because the last time i went anywhere to see any band play was technically last year. but i haven't even posted in here. i'm still worried about my apparent lack of interest in seeing really anyone live anymore, or want to go see various bands but absolutely loathe the idea of being there. i'm not sure exactly what it is, to be honest. but it bums me out even more that i'm feeling this way, because going back about 5 years ago going to shows was one of the few things i'd say i really, really enjoyed doing. it doesn't do that for me anymore, and worse is the fact that i can't really pinpoint when or why this happened.

maybe it's as simple as i needed a break from seeing the same bands over and over. and once i stop moping about it, i'll get over it. perhaps i will go see the hudson falcons in the near future (if i can find out if/when they're playing in boston, and if that hasn't already happened or something). i think there's a song title-related lame joke in that i am waiting for a friend of mine to get back to me on whether he wants to go to see the national in boston in september, but i will refrain from making that joke. or maybe i just did.

and then there's :
2000_Tons11.jpg

day 1:Cockney Rejects / Sheer Terror
Evil Conduct / Forced Reality
Control / Pist N Broke / Dog Company
Hub City Stompers / The Krays / COA
Youthful Offenders / Razors In The Night
Bloodshot Hooligans / The Deacons

day 2:
Slaughter The Dogs / The Business
Red Alert / Patriot
The Gonads / The Glory
Immortal Discipline / Broken Heroes
Traditionals / Brassknuckle Boys
The Uprisers / Murderer's Row
Yellow Stiches / Chosen Ones
The Gestalts

which honestly, i am having a very difficult time believing will happen as announced (knowing the history of certain bands listed there, it's all but impossible to expect that everyone will show up. which, for the city of hartford, might be a good thing because i'm not sure it wouldn't simply destroy), but those bills look incredible.

hmm...and opeth and katatonia later in september, that could turn out to be a good month. except that while i'm all psyched about it now, and on paper (well, computer screne, i guess if you wanna get all technical about it) it sounds fantastic, once the day comes around i'm going to despise the idea of actually getting in my car and driving to stand in a crowd of people for a couple hours.

A few more new ones added.

Past:
June 8 - The Script (Boston)
June 23 - Florence and the Machine (Boston)
July 6 - Sade (Boston)

Upcoming:
July 20 - U2 (East Rutherford)
August 3 - Muse (Indianapolis)
August 5-7 - Lollapalooza (Chicago)
September 13 - Kaiser Chiefs (Boston)*
September 26 - Elbow (Boston)
November 14 - Foo Fighters (Newark)
November 16 - Foo Fighters (Boston)*

No longer attending :sad:
June 22 - U2 (Baltimore)
July 2 - U2 (Nashville)
July 26 - U2 (Pittsburgh)
September 26 - Foo Fighters (East Rutherford)*

* New

November 16 - Foo Fighters (Boston)*

i was thinking i really wanted to go to this. i've never seen the foo fighters, and social distortion are opening. but since i spaced and forgot when tickets went on sale, and according to ticketbastard there are only douchebag seats available, i don't wanna pay 70-something bucks for that.

i was thinking i really wanted to go to this. i've never seen the foo fighters, and social distortion are opening. but since i spaced and forgot when tickets went on sale, and according to ticketbastard there are only douchebag seats available, i don't wanna pay 70-something bucks for that.

Keep you eyes open as the show date approaches. They'll release some non-douchebag seats, they always do.

Keep you eyes open as the show date approaches. They'll release some non-douchebag seats, they always do.

yeah, i'm gonna try to remember to do that. i believe it's a wednesday--that's always appealing to me, as my weekend is mon/tues/wed. always nice to not have to take off from work if i want to go see bands play.

Concert summer series = over :(

Bring on the Fall though. Certainly no Airborne or U2, but The Hood Internet/Jay Sean/Chiddy Bang, blink-182, and The Script will have to make do!

Only three concerts planned as of now.

When I tried to get tickets only Balcony seats came up. It was ridiculous. I eventually pulled up club seats and my friend pulled up a pair of balcony. We haven't decided which pair to sell.

PAST
---
29 January - Enrique Iglesias - San Juan - Coliseo de Puerto Rico [C+]
26 February - Ozzy Osbourne - San Juan - Coliseo de Puerto Rico
16 June - Maná - San Juan - Coliseo de Puerto Rico [A]
29 June - U2 - Miami - Sun Life Stadium [A+]

For now, my 2011 concert calendar is done. Very active year for me when looking at past years (1-2 concerts a year) and when the first three were last-minute additions.

Nothing like going to concerts - wish there was a concert that was worth seeing in the next 5 months...promoters in Puerto Rico suck. :sad: Can't say anything bad though, finally got to see U2 live after being a fan for 10 years! (Best concert ever, by the way)

So I've gone from nothing a week ago to possibly

August 1 - DJ Shadow
August 18 - Eagle and the Worm
August 19 - Liam Finn
September 2 - Big Boi
September 16 - Josh Pyke
November 12 - Harvest Festival ft. The Flaming Lips and The National

So, I'm here at MacArthur Park to see No Age for free!

:angry: i want free no age. i'd even go if they were playing in downtown springfield. i'd probably carry a knife, but i'd still go. oh, who am i fooling. i always carry a knife.

LuckyNumber7 said:
Concert summer series = over :(

Bring on the Fall though. Certainly no Airborne or U2, but The Hood Internet/Jay Sean/Chiddy Bang, blink-182, and The Script will have to make do!

Only three concerts planned as of now.

A day after... November in Orlando The Killers and O.A.R. will be headlining a festival! Sweeeeet!!!

So two new shows for me

Upcoming -

7/30 - LA Rising (Rage Against the Machine and Muse) at the LA Coliseum
8/12-14 - Outside Lands

Rocktober!
10/1 - Elbow at the Greek - NEW
10/7 - Incubus at the Hollywood Bowl
10/14 - Foo Fighters at the Forum
10/23 - The Airborne Toxic Event at the Gibson - NEW

20 August - Pukkelpop.

Artists like Warpaint, dEUS, The Horrors, Trentemoller, The Kills, Lykke Li... :hyper:

Shows gone -

Gary Barlow 40th Birthday Shepherds Bush Jan 20
Manic Street Preachers Brixton Academy Jan 21/22
White Lies - Shepherds Bush Feb 10/11
Foo Fighters - Wembley Arena Feb 25, Dingwalls Feb 26
Duran Duran - Shepherds Bush Mar 7
Kylie Minogue (deep breath) - Barcelona Mar 12, Paris Mar 15, Cardiff Mar 25/26, Manchester April 1/2, London O2 April 7/8/9/11/12, Washington DC April 30, New York May 2/3/4
Katy Perry - Hammersmith Mar 17/18/19
Jamiroquai - London O2 April 21
Roger Waters - May 12/17/18 (May 12 - the night David Gilmour & Nick Mason were there)
Kaiser Chiefs - Camden Electric Ballroom Jun 16
The Killers - London Scala June 22/23
Bon Jovi - London Hyde Park June 25

To come -

Take That - Wembley Stadium June 30, July 8
Foo Fighters - Milton Keynes July 2
Beady Eye - Somerset House July 12
Blondie - Somerset House July 13
Muse - Reading Festival Aug 28
Katy Perry - London O2 Oct 14/15
George Michael - Royal Albert Hall Oct 28/29, Royal Opera House Nov 6, Birmingham Dec 9, Earls Court Dec 19
Bryan Adams - London O2 Dec 8

Also some rearranged Duran shows, not sure which ones yet as some clash with other shows.

It's been a good year so far :drool:

Added -

Pulp - Brixton Aug 31
Avril Lavigne - Hammermsmith Sept 21
Britney - Wembley - Oct 31

Back
Top Bottom