Little Boots - Hands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMP

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
hands.jpg

For those that aren't familiar with:
Victoria Hesketh is her real name and she's being really hyped lately. This is her debut and it's officially coming out this Monday, June 8th but it's floating around in the internet already. 12 songs full of synth-electro pop; reminding me of stuff like Lily Allen, Madonna and even The Ting Tings sometimes. Almost as good as Lady Gaga's The Fame. (The best pop album released in the last years, if you ask me.) If you like catchy stuff, you must hear this.

Tracklisting:
01 - New In Town
02 - Earthquake
03 - Stuck on Repeat
04 - Click
05 - Remedy (One of the or maybe the second catchiest thing I've heard this year.)
06 - Meddle
07 - Ghost
08 - Mathematics
09 - Symmetry
10 - Tune Into My Heart
11 - Hearts Collide
12 - No Breaks

Maybe the last third of the album is not as good as the rest, but I've only listened to this four times yet, so it's hard to say. Anyway, this is great to say the least, 'cause I really like this last third too, just not as much as the rest.
I haven't took a good look at lyrics yet, but with these kind of songs, I really don't care that much about those.
Hope those of you who check her stuff enjoy it. :D

I've heard her hyped to death on multiple blogs through the past months, and it sounded like it was right up my alley. What I heard was disappointing, though.

But I refuse to believe that something that sounds like I would love it to pieces really isn't that good, so I'm going to check it out some more and see if I was deluded that first time. :)

I've heard her hyped to death on multiple blogs through the past months, and it sounded like it was right up my alley. What I heard was disappointing, though.

But I refuse to believe that something that sounds like I would love it to pieces really isn't that good, so I'm going to check it out some more and see if I was deluded that first time. :)

I'm not sure... you're one of the last ones here that shows love for Lady Gaga, right? :D (Lady Gaga rules, btw) I can't say they sound like each other, but both imo are catchy as hell. Really good stuff.
I know that she was really hyped, but I've never heard other songs that aren't on the album... I don't even know if what was around back then is what ended up on the record, but I guess that what you've heard might be other songs, or early versions. When you hear it, please post here to tell if you were deluded indeed or not. :wink: :D

I think I heard songs that were on the Arecibo EP. New In Town and Meddle were two of the tracks I'd heard, I think. The names are familiar, anyway.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for pop, whether it's more obvious dance/radio-friendly stuff (Britney, Lady GaGa) or some of the "smarter," more oddball stuff that comes out of Europe.

YES YES YES.

Boots is the shit. That real shit. Kind of a pointless comparison but, yeah, she's soooooooo much better (and cooler) than GaGa.

I'd had Stuck On Repeat (epic) and Meddle (awesome) lying around on my iTunes for the better part of the last year. Loved both tunes. Was really happy to learn that there are a handful of other hot tracks on the full-length LP.

She's also easily the best thing to come out in music this year involving the word "boots."

I think I heard songs that were on the Arecibo EP. New In Town and Meddle were two of the tracks I'd heard, I think. The names are familiar, anyway.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for pop, whether it's more obvious dance/radio-friendly stuff (Britney, Lady GaGa) or some of the "smarter," more oddball stuff that comes out of Europe.

Oh, I see. Arecibo EP... is there any other songs you remember that aren't on the album?
Radio-friendly... somtimes is the best thing... :drool: (Ok, Britney, this one I don't like at all.) Anyway, any recommendations on those smarter stuff would be welcome. :D

Oh, I see. Arecibo EP... is there any other songs you remember that aren't on the album?
Radio-friendly... somtimes is the best thing... :drool: (Ok, Britney, this one I don't like at all.) Anyway, any recommendations on those smarter stuff would be welcome. :D

I don't remember what other songs I'd heard from Little Boots earlier.

Maybe "smarter" wasn't the most accurate term to use. I'm not even sure what I meant - maybe artists who seem to have more control over their own destinies, rather than just readily-manufactured and factory-line assembled pop like Britney.

I'd even put Lady GaGa into that first category, as she (I think?) writes her own stuff, and from what I've seen in live performances online, knows her way around music and is more talented than what you might assume just by hearing her songs. Plus, I fully believe she is doing exactly what she wants to as an artist, which right now appears to be just being kind of generally kooky. But she comes across to me like she' in controlf of what she's doing and knows exactly what she's doing.

But anyway. I'm rambling and don't mean to turn this into a Lada GaGa discussion or anything. I like some pop that's assembly-line produced (like Britney) and pop that's less mindless and at least appears to have a bit more going on than mass-produced radio friendly bubblegum.

I'm also looking forward to checking out LaRoux, who I've also been reading a lot about, and I think has gotten kind of lumped in as "new and exciting dance pop" along with Little Boots.

Maybe it's because they're European and therefore more "exotic" to me, since they're not being shoved down my throat in America like Britney and Miley as the everyday mindless pop.

Are you familiar with Robyn? Her album is AMAZING and I wish she'd had more success here in the States. I'd also recommend Roisin Murphy, who is interesting. Ooh, and I liked the album Ghosts by Siobahn Donaghy, who I think used to be in Sugababes.

I don't remember what other songs I'd heard from Little Boots earlier.

Maybe "smarter" wasn't the most accurate term to use. I'm not even sure what I meant - maybe artists who seem to have more control over their own destinies, rather than just readily-manufactured and factory-line assembled pop like Britney.

I'd even put Lady GaGa into that first category, as she (I think?) writes her own stuff, and from what I've seen in live performances online, knows her way around music and is more talented than what you might assume just by hearing her songs. Plus, I fully believe she is doing exactly what she wants to as an artist, which right now appears to be just being kind of generally kooky. But she comes across to me like she' in controlf of what she's doing and knows exactly what she's doing.

But anyway. I'm rambling and don't mean to turn this into a Lada GaGa discussion or anything. I like some pop that's assembly-line produced (like Britney) and pop that's less mindless and at least appears to have a bit more going on than mass-produced radio friendly bubblegum.

No problem, I guess that's what I got from 'smarter' anyway. :D
Yes, she writes all her songs (not alone, but she gets songwriting credits in every The Fame song.) Indeed, it looks like she's running whatever is going around her, the opposite of Britney like you said. And if she's trying to look kooky, it's working. :lol: (Actually, I really like this 'look' she's using.)
Maybe some people get annoyed at her 'cause one may think that she's trying to make her songs seem more 'important' than they really are. That's just stupid to me anyway, if it's a good song, it's a good song genre aside. I don't know... Well, there's people talking about her everywhere on this forum. Like you said, let's leave this part without Gaga quarrel. :D

I'm also looking forward to checking out LaRoux, who I've also been reading a lot about, and I think has gotten kind of lumped in as "new and exciting dance pop" along with Little Boots.

Maybe it's because they're European and therefore more "exotic" to me, since they're not being shoved down my throat in America like Britney and Miley as the everyday mindless pop.

Are you familiar with Robyn? Her album is AMAZING and I wish she'd had more success here in the States. I'd also recommend Roisin Murphy, who is interesting. Ooh, and I liked the album Ghosts by Siobahn Donaghy, who I think used to be in Sugababes.

Hmmm... LaRoux, never heard about this one. I'll check it out. If it's good as Little Boots, I guess this is gonna be an interesting - to say the least - week round here, musically speaking. :wink:
Yeah, lately it seems to get harder and harder for European pop acts to break in U.S. Hell, any european act I guess.
Robyn... I do know some stuff, not a lot but something. I can't remember it well though. Another one I'll be trying to listen asap then. Roisin Murphy, don't know that one either (there goes me appearing to have some knowledge in this area. :wink:)
Siobahn... I've heard some songs from her too when Ghosts came out, it got some good reviews back then if I remember correctly and I liked it too. Anyway, I don't think I have any of her songs on my pc right now. I'll have to get this one too. Busy day tomorrow downloading stuff. :D

Oh, and thanks a lot for those recommendations. ;) Really.

Okay, it's official: I was deluded. This album is awesome.

Maybe I was in a crappy mood when I first heard some of the songs.

^Yup, this song is addictive. A lot. Really... a lot. :drool: It's hard to see something as catchy as this.

So this was released in the US this past week. Yay!

I saw her in Seattle last night, with Dragonette. Fun show! Honestly, I think I'm getting too old for going to a show and finding out the main act isn't going on until after 11 .... but it was fun anyway!

She was very energetic, dancing all over the stage, playing with her magicial musical toys - she had one thing that was a little box hung around her neck. From where I was (front row, but far side of the stage, so sometimes my view of her was blocked by her keyboard stand), I couldn't tell what she was doing with it, or what sound it was making, but she only used it for one sound.

She's got a great voice. For the encore, she came out and did a solo keyboard version of Kate Bush's "Running Up That Hill" that was gorgeous, and then a brief solo version of "Stuck On Repeat" before the rest of the band came out to do a full version to end the show.

I had no idea so many people knew her songs already - maybe they've been played a lot at the local clubs, as there were a lot of people who knew all the words.

I have pictures on my phone, but I can't upload them at the moment - my computer won't recognize my phone. :mad:

Pretty sure nobody cares but me, but what the hell. Pics from the Seattle show:

I accidentally ended up in a great spot, right in front at the edge of the stage:

LittleBoots4.jpg

Doin' her thing with her toys:

LittleBoots2.jpg

Strobe lights a-gunnin':

LittleBoots6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom