Listen to the Song by the Previous Person and Comment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got a certain flavor to it, can't quite pin it down though. Got that post-punkish sound. I like it at first listen. Good noisy song, if you will. Can't really grasp the lyrics fully on just one or two listens, but sounds simple and straight forward. Anthemic for sure. I like the message, but I'd need more listens or perhaps outside interpretations to really found a solid opinion.

Really like the idea of this thread. Great way to not only share music, but to actually listen in depth to the music. Often times I find myself really enjoying a song that others enjoy, but for completely different reasons. I've always wanted to talk in depth about some music but often times the conversation doesn't get past it being a good/bad song.

Grouplove - Tongue Tied

Tongue Tied by Grouplove - YouTube

Pretty good tune, I'll never like it as much as the populace seems to though. It's formulaic. I don't necessarily mean that pejoratively, more in the sense that they've taken all the elements it takes to write an indie/folk/pop hit and done them well - acoustic guitar, big chorus, simplistic but memorable lyrics, propulsive rhythm, etc. Doesn't make me want to rush out and get the album though.

I like the idea of this thread too. It would be nice if random-threaders and non-random-threaders could get behind it. No need for an essay but the posting in B&C gets a bit stale sometimes.

This is one of my favourite hip-hop tunes from one of my favourite hip-hop albums. Exceptional flow and jaw-dropping lyrics. Would love to hear someone else's thoughts!

GZA - Swordsman - YouTube

bass line is awfully creepy , which just adds to the song and its lyrics. Its a hard one to listen I have to say, I don't listen to rap a lot , but I def. dont loathe it. I like how "different" it sounds. For me its a tune that doesn't steal your heart at the first listen, but a song you need to discover.

The Kyteman Orchestra - The Mushroom Cloud - YouTube

At first I wasn't digging the song all that much, and then it really picked up and the creepyish vocals really added to the tension of the music. Then, it was suddenly over, and I was kind of sad that it didn't go on longer. But, now I'm curious.

Inbetween Days (B2 - Are You Taping? home demo) - The Cure - YouTube
(I love this so damn much and I share it whenever I possibly can, so why not now?)

You're my hero, basically. Probably in the bottom half of my Big Star rankings, but still a kickass song. A rollicking good time to kick off one of the best good-time records ever. They wouldn't sound this bright and carefree for much longer, but at this moment they inhabited that glorious middle ground between melodic beauty and searing rock n' roll.

I heard this song for the first time today, thought it was pretty brilliant:

Bill Fay - We Have Laid Here - YouTube

Definitely sounds like something out of the 70s. Love the nice acoustic guitar and it's progression, goes nicely against his voice. The build up after the first 30 or so seconds is nice and just what I was waiting for. Steady beat. I do like the horns in that build up and the string section, the strings really 'bloom' during the chorus. The lyrics make me think of summer time for whatever reason. I really like it. Glad I came into this thread now!

This song, "Forward", has been my song of this summer. I got it for free off Amazon MP3 one day and I've loved it ever since I first heard it.

Bad Lucy - Forward [HD] - YouTube

Sounds like a lot of the stuff I wasn't too thrilled about ten years ago. Really straight forward, obvious (I knew exactly what exactly it would sound like and when the band would come in), went on for too long without so much as an interesting bridge or anything, wasn't memorable in the least, and the song just all- around bored me.

Track 10. "goodbye and good luck"
http://duckyboys.bandcamp.com/album/chasing-the-ghost
Speaking of things that go on for too long, I do think mr Lind could have trimmed some of the fat off this album. there are a handful of excellent songs but too much mediocrity overall. That song, however, is one of my favorites (and this version is definitely the best incarnation the band/lind's other projects have released it as).

The song reminds me of The Clash a little and other punk bands. The lyrics look like the guy lost his girlfriend to some drug crowd because she was too insecure.

I love the production sound of the drums and guitar of this Bowie song.

David Bowie Always Crashing in the Same Car - YouTube

Every chance,
every chance that I take
I take it on the road
Those kilometres and the red lights
I was always looking left and right
Oh, but I'm always crashing
in the same car

Jasmine, I saw you peeping
As I pushed my foot down to the floor
I was going round and round the hotel garage
Must have been touching close to 94
Oh, but I'm always crashing
in the same car​

Aside from A New Career in a New Town, probably my favourite song on Low. Love absolutely everything about it; the tragic lyrics coupled with Bowie's defeated, yet affecting vocals. The production on the entire album is phenomenal, really. The sound Tony Visconti got out of the drums gives the songs a power I've never really heard on other records. It's stark, disjointed, but truly captivating all the same.

Paul Dempsey - Out The Airlock - YouTube

Very mellow and delicate. I enjoyed the vocals very much, and the production is neat. Not the kind of song that would be stuck in my head all day, but definitely would be highly enjoyable to listen while sitting on the train or walking alone at the beach.

Talk Talk - JOHN COPE - 1988 - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom