Listen to new Travis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Abstaining until September 29.

Damn they are a good band, I can't stop listening to The Boy With No Name....

Colder :drool:

they only have half the album up on the myspace page but I like what I hear so far...

J Smith is still my favourtie - love the choir :drool:

Chinese Blues is nice track and Song To Self is growing on me...

Still not a fan of Something Anything - not a bad song but fairly bland imo.

Last Words is nice - I'm digging the return of the banjo

Friends is alright, nothing too special.

This album is brill.

Chinese Blues is just amazing, Fran's voice!

Last Words, Quite Free, Friends, all quite magical.

Thought I'd give a Travis thread the bump, I've been listening to The Boy With No Name a lot this week, causing me to go back and listen to more of them for the first time. :drool:

I've become obsessed with "My Eyes", right next to "Eyes Wide Open" its a great eye-related double feature.

Thought I'd give a Travis thread the bump, I've been listening to The Boy With No Name a lot this week, causing me to go back and listen to more of them for the first time. :drool:

Great album that epitomises everything that is great about Travis. Three Times And You Lose, Battleships are downright grogeous, and Colder is one of their best songs I reckon. Makes you crave more from them. Strangely, a lot of their b-sides are as good if not better than the album tracks from The Boy With No Name era. Check out Perfect Heaven Space, My Last Chance, Say Hello, The Great Unknown, This Love. All fantastic.

The Man Who is still their best album though. It's so very delicate and movingly so.

I need them to tour Melbourne, would be incredible.

I'll be seeing them this week (14th). I never bought last year's EP and album, so hopefully the show isn't too heavy on that, since I know all their other albums quite well.

They're playing in Boston in a few weeks, I should go, my back and forth schedule kind of prohibits that though. Plus I only know like one person who would want to, and we'll be going to Mogwai later that week, so I may live without them this time.

I'll be seeing them this week (14th). I never bought last year's EP and album, so hopefully the show isn't too heavy on that, since I know all their other albums quite well.

Might wanna check out the new album, usually about 5 songs in their recent setlists from their new album. Chinese Blues :drool:, J Smith, Something Anything, Before You Were Young, Song To Self, Long Way Down - at least prime yourself by checking out those tracks.

I've been working slavish labor for the last week or so, ended up being too worn out that night and didn't go. The next morning I got to see all sorts of pictures on Facebook of all my friends standing a couple feet from Franny.

:angry:

Luckily I hadn't bought tickets yet, I was just going to buy them at the door. I'll probably end up missing Franz Ferdinand tomorrow as well.

:grumpy:

wow, really good show.

Every time I see them it amazes me how much energy they have - I get tired just watching them bounce around on stage.

Good set, I can't remember exactly what they played but new stuff sounds very good. They also did this cool Side/Eyes Wide Open mash up which worked really well.

My ears are still ringing - anyone who says Travis are too soft and whiney need to go see them live.

Also The Republic Tigers were very good as well.

I had beef covered in gravy at a Hawaiian BBQ for lunch, Elfa. Hopefully I have not offended you too much. Meat AND gravy!

Anyways, I am jealous you actually got to see them and it was a good show. I did in fact miss Franz Ferdinand last night as well. Leaving for Vegas early tomorrow morning for a hellish work weekend. Not excited at all.

:angry:

wow, really good show.

Every time I see them it amazes me how much energy they have - I get tired just watching them bounce around on stage.

Good set, I can't remember exactly what they played but new stuff sounds very good. They also did this cool Side/Eyes Wide Open mash up which worked really well.

My ears are still ringing - anyone who says Travis are too soft and whiney need to go see them live.

You are so lucky. They really are the best band. Anyone who dismisses them as soft and whiney obviously doesn't know anything about Travis.

No, they havent been to Aussie since '01, and wasn't a fan back then, and was just a kid with no money

I wish I could see them this weekend, but it doesn't seem like it'll work out :sad:

Here's hoping its not too long before they hit up Boston again.

Back
Top Bottom