Lisa Hannigan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
Anyone heard of her? I guess she sings with Damien Rice but I don't have any of his stuff.

I heard her version of Silent Night for which she wrote a new lyric and I thought I'd recommend it here, as it is lovely. I heard it on a new compilation called "Maybe This Christmas Too" and I read that Hannigan's song is also a hidden track on Rice's album "O."

silent night ? lyrics by lisa hannigan

silent night broken night
all is fallen when you take your flight
i found some hate for you just for show
you found some love for me thinking i'd go
don't keep me from crying to sleep
sleep in heavenly peace
silent night moonlit night
nothing's changed nothing is right
i should be stronger than weeping alone
you should be weaker than sending me home
i can't stop you fighting to sleep
sleep in heavely peace

Yes, she sings with Damien Rice, and she has one of the best voices ever and I wish I looked like her. I don't think O would be 75% the album it is if it weren't for her.

yes, she has the most amazing voice. I too wish i looked and sounded like her.

*brief story, sorry, have to share...think i've shared it before, but oh well...i have a horrible memory sometimes, so just skip it if so:
ok, so i was at glastonbury, the day before I saw her and damien rice perform. I was watching the frames (amazing) play, and they are huge on audience participation, so they asked everyone to sing along. It was this really high part which i obviously faked singing along to, but behind me I heard these two amazing voices. I immediately turned around and it was damien and lisa. I was like :eek:. Anyway, then this drunk mean girl pushed me and i almost knocked lisa over, but she was nice about it and kept me from falling flat on my face. ok, end of story.

:mad: why have you not told me that your collection is absent of Damo's CDs! i will burn you a copy of his cd Kevin. :yes:

Lisa's voice is amazing. :heart:

I'd love to see Lisa live, but I'm not buying tickets to a Jason Mraz show just to see her open.

^that's the rub. I really want too see her though. I think she's playing smaller places solo in Europe.

girlcrush :combust:
lisahannigan.jpg

I haven't decided whether I'll get tickets; regardless the album has me happy
sounds like damien may be releasing another soon as well:heart:

Probably a bit earlier to post this but has anyone managed to buy the CD yet?

Official release is tomorrow but its been available from her website for a week or so. I’m dying to hear some reviews – been patiently waiting for this cd for what seems like eternity and i've got another week to wait for it to arrive by post :sad:

Title is See Sew, the cd listing is:

An Ocean and a Rock
Venn Diagram
Sea Song
Splishy Splashy
I Don't Know
Keep It All
Courting Blues
Pistachio
Teeth
Lille

Very happy to hear Lille and Pitstachio are on there :love:

For those that are lucky enough, Lisa has added two solo dates to her North American tour schedule:

7 October - Joe's Pub, New York
30 October - Largo, Los Angeles

Does anyone have this album yet? I'm really curious to know what people think of it, as reviews seem to be uniformly positive.

This is from Lisa's myspace, posted today. I don't have it yet :(

Friday, September 12, 2008

record available from lisahannigan.ie

hello folks,

the lovely folks over at our web shop asked me to let you know that at the moment, you can ONLY buy the record (except ireland) on LisaHannigan.ie in lisa's lovely interweb house.

also, for anyone in NYC or LA, we're very excited about squeezing in an extra couple of shows while we're stateside. come and play with us. do.

more on today (christmas day in hannigan camp) later.

all the best,
your friendly local myspacer,
una

It's nice to hear her voice again. This is a fine album. Nothing life changing. Hardly the best of the year. But a nice album.

That voice is so gorgeous, though.

:bump:

She's going to be on the tonight show tonight

Lisa and the band will be the musical guests on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight, February 18. Tune in to catch Lisa performing "I Don't Know". The show airs on NBC at 11:35 pm EST (10:35 pm CST), but check your local listings to confirm

OHHH GOOOOOOOOD.

I'd advise everyone to watch this, if not for the music then for how hot she is.

She was all smiles on the Tonight Show last night. Jesus, that's a good looking woman.

It was cool to see Tomo is playing bass with her. I guess he stopped playing with Damien after he kicked Lisa out or something? Who knows. I've always liked him though.

Wow, where have I heard that Lille song before? That's a really nice tune. Maybe it's just one of those songs that feels like you must have heard it before. I don't know.

Edit: I'll answer my own question. I probably heard it on the radio, considering it was her single. Duh. Anyway, I'm madly in love with her.

Back
Top Bottom