Lilith Fair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kramwest1

has a
Anyone excited that a new round of Lilith Fair shows will join your U2 shows this summer?

lilithfair.com

I really enjoyed the first Lilith Fairs. It was great to use the festival style check out new, lesser-known artists--not to mention Sarah McLachlan, et al.

I see they're playing Seattle, I'll have to see when it is. I wouldn't mind seeing Miranda Lambert and Metric.

I'm eager for the dates to be announced. Not that it would/could change my U2 travel schedule, but I'm hoping there won't be any :doh:

I would also like to see Miranda, and there are a couple of other artists there that are intriguing but, in all honesty, I would never attend.

I went to the 1999 Lilith in NJ. It was my concert ever, and I seriously enjoyed it.

For this one, I am looking forward to see Corinne Bailey Rae, Mary J. Blige, Ingrid Michaelson and Jill Scott - plus Sarah.

Awesomeness!

I would go-I love Sarah. Some of the others interest me too.

I never saw any other Lilith Fair shows

I saw the Mpls. show in '97, Mpls. and Jones Beach in '98, and Mpls. and the Rose Bowl in '99.

Check out the Wiki page to see all of the acts that the tour attracted. Hopefully, we'll get to see some of other great ones on the 2nd and 3rd stages like the first tours.

Lilith Fair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh I've heard about them :) I just never had the chance to go.

I signed up for the newsletter-if you do you can get a free mp3 of Sarah and Emmylou Harris singing Angel live.

Ke$ha is going to be there, with any luck sandwiched between Emmylou Harris and Sarah McLachlan? :laugh: Where's Peaches? Maybe Lance's mom can do a burlesque performer(ance?).

The 2010 Lilith Tour is pleased to announce exciting line-up additions to the summer touring festival.

(I bolded the ones I would love to see ... not that anyone cares other than me. :wink: )

Heart
Norah Jones
Cat Power
Sia
Gossip
La Roux
Ceci Bastida
Erin McCarley
Frazey Ford
Julia Othmer
Kate Nash
Lights
Missy Higgins
Lissie
Marina & The Diamonds
Pricilla Renea
Rosie Thomas
Toby Lightman
Melissa McClelland
Beth Orton
Elizaveta

Wouldn't it be weird if a dude showed up to this just for Cat Power, Metric, Emmylou, and Chairlift?

Wouldn't it be weird if a dude showed up to this just for Cat Power, Metric, Emmylou, and Chairlift?

True Story:

The first year of Lilith Fair, a friend and his brother asked my wife and I if they could go to the show with us since they thought it would be odd for two guys to go alone. We said yes since we all liked the same artists, so we sat and watched and had a good time. While we were sitting between acts and the ground began to fill in with more people, a couple of cute girls came and sat by my friend and his brother. He finally talked to one of the girls, and it turns out she was a stripper and had business cards. He chatted with her the rest of the night, but never bothered to call her afterward. :doh:

Anyway...Yes Lilith Fair is female focused, but there are plenty (maybe even a majority, HA!) of hetero women attending, too. And they may even be forward enough to START a conversation with a guy there. After all, liking the same music is a good start to possibly dating someone. (and she might even be a stripper :wink: )

Was tempted to go see it since they are coming to Montreal,but when i saw the tickets price range......up to 200$?????

Ewwwwwww....non,thank you.

Was tempted to go see it since they are coming to Montreal,but when i saw the tickets price range......up to 200$?????

Ewwwwwww....non,thank you.

Wow, I hadn't seen all of the ticket prices. I guess amphitheaters are your friend when it comes to prices and reserved seating. At least you can still get in for about $50, but WTF is a Diamond package for $756?

For Montreal the prices are:

90$ for GA
120$ for seats close to the stage
200$ for stands seats each side of the stage

If you are considering a Lilith Fair show in place of U2 now this summer, there are several shows with 2-for-1 GA tickets. Must purchase by May 28, code is COFFEE

V-You can find it on their FB page.
Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

(I guess the tour isn't selling that well.)

I saw that yesterday and thought either the ticket prices were very high or the tour wasn't selling well.

I saw that yesterday and thought either the ticket prices were very high or the tour wasn't selling well.

Another 10 shows canceled yesterday. Yikes! Not a good tour.

I think the marketing has sucked, and the high-ish ticket prices turned people off.

I'm still going to Las Vegas and Minneapolis, but ironically, Mpls. was moved indoors to the Target Center and Vegas was moved outdoors at Mandalay Bay. :shrug:

It should be a good show, and I believe you can find bargain tickets still.

Montreal got canceled.

Not a good summer here.U2,Simon and Garfunkel and now Lilith fair.

Another 10 shows canceled yesterday. Yikes! Not a good tour.

I think the marketing has sucked, and the high-ish ticket prices turned people off.

I'm still going to Las Vegas and Minneapolis, but ironically, Mpls. was moved indoors to the Target Center and Vegas was moved outdoors at Mandalay Bay. :shrug:

It should be a good show, and I believe you can find bargain tickets still.

That doesn't sound good. I agree that the marketing was poor. I don't recall seeing any advertising for it.

I haven't been particularly bowled over by much of the line-up either, so between all of that and the ticket price, I can understand why people are willing to pass.

Have fun at your two shows. Where was the Vegas show supposed to be originally?

Back
Top Bottom