Life After R.E.M.: Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In general lately, people have been bitchy about thread titles.

Edit: you should not have edited your post.

Haha, sorry Bonoz2012. Just didn't want to contribute to more drama.

Seriously, I didn't really see the problem with it.

Actually, me neither. I was just making a crappy inside joke in relation to the previous National thread. Sorry about that lms.

My feelings are not so delicate that they would be hurt by a bunch of strangers' opinions on a message board. :) Just figured that it is better to close a thread with so much negativity from the get go.

Wasn't just mine. Out of the 9 people who posted after, 7 of them had negative or sarcastic remarks. And 1 was you closing the thread.

In general lately, people have been bitchy about thread titles.

I think it's because people realize that these thread titles are gonna be around for the next thousand posts, which is a long time for band discussion threads.

Sometimes I wish more "new" threads were made, and everything wasn't thrown into overarching threads or the random section. Not a big deal either way, or even directly related. I like to mention things.

Sometimes I wish more "new" threads were made, and everything wasn't thrown into overarching threads or the random section. Not a big deal either way, or even directly related. I like to mention things.

I always do that with new bands, I start an album-centric thread, thinking I'll just start a new thread when they put out a new album, but then I never do and then the thread has a stupid, old, outdated title.

I heard they broke up.

GET OUT!

tumblr_lpkduqrvjg1qj9qhto1_500_zps791d116c.gif

I really, truly could not care less whether a handful of words I spend seconds a day reading are humorous or not.

A joke in a thread title (as with most jokes) is seldom funny more than a few times. Weeks on, they're all forum wallpaper at best.

Been listening to 2001's Reveal over the last couple of days. It is not such a bad album actually. For R.E.M. standards it sucks, yes. But there are some really gorgeous songs here like Beat A Drum and Summer Turns To High. Sure, there are also bores like She Just Wants To Be and Saturn Return. It is very uneven. But I would go so far as to say that something like Beat A Drum or even Imitation of Life is more summery and beautiful than anything from U2's album around the same time.

Back
Top Bottom