Life After R.E.M.: Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually really like that original version of Radiohead's Reckoner / Feeling pulled apart by horses, despite the ridiculous "papapa" chorus.

Do you think the title was an ode to REM? Do you???????!!!!!

Tell me when that week arrives, so I can have an excuse to listen to it and the concert that came with the deluxe edition.

The R.E.M. Unplugged album is one of those entertaining situations on Amazon where you can buy the MP3 album for $18.99 or order the CD album for $13.88 and get an instant download of the MP3s at no additional charge.

What to do? WHAT TO DO?

No HD DVDA WOW option?

The R.E.M. Unplugged album is one of those entertaining situations on Amazon where you can buy the MP3 album for $18.99 or order the CD album for $13.88 and get an instant download of the MP3s at no additional charge.

What to do? WHAT TO DO?

You know what to do. It's been sitting on my porch since yesterday morning, along with Pains of Being Pure at Heart which has been there for a week. Hopefully they weren't stolen or rained on.

I'm pretty sure I have at least 80% of them in some format or another. I would probably buy it if it were on CD, but digital bonus tracks to albums I already own? Nope.

Or maybe I misunderstood the article I read. But I still don't know that I'd buy them digitally. I'll have to peruse the tracklist.

The WB rarities compilation is really just all the UK/Euro CD single B Sides from 1988-2011 on iTunes in one place for the first time.

And as ever with these things, it's not really that complete... and is missing quite a few songs; 40 Second Song, After Hours, most of the Live In Greensboro tracks, though those are on the Green Remaster so that might be why, a great LMR acoustic recording from Mountain Stage, some of the AFTP Instrumentals, Perfect Circle [Live], At My Most Beautiful [Live] plus Drive [Athens Greenpeace] and The Lifting [demo/original] are repeated....

Heard the end of Radio Song on the radio in the car earlier and it put me in the mood for an REM kick when I got home, listened to a bunch of stuff....

couldn't believe how long its been since I heard this:

So great.
Had forgotten how good this song was.

The other two are up there for sure, but Life And How To Live It probably wouldn't crack my top 100 R.E.M. songs. It's good, but I guess that's just a testament to how fucking great this band was.

Back
Top Bottom