Life After R.E.M.: Discussion Thread - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Old 09-10-2016, 08:16 PM   #571
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 02:25 PM
Saw them 5 times between 1987 and 1995

Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:13 PM   #572
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Saw them 5 times between 1987 and 1995
I am so jealous of you! I saw them in 2003 and 2004, and while both were incredible, it wasn't the original 4. One thing I liked about REM was that they mixed up their setlists a lot, so each show was pretty unique. Obviously they left room for the Greatest Hits, but they also mixed up the rest of the sets a good bit. U2 could learn a thing or two from them about that.

The closest they came to Ohio on their final tour in 2008 was Chicago. That was the summer of my wedding, we had just bought our house... time and budget didn't allow for a 6 hour drive for a concert. Plus I assumed they would eventually make it back to Ohio. Had I known now that they never would, I'd have made the trip.

The_acrobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:31 PM   #573
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:25 PM
I never did it. Berkeley seemed like a trek for me back near the start of college (really, it's not) and I just didn't find Around The Sun to be the most compelling thing as a live record although I enjoyed the album. Had I known what I know now, I could've at least gone and listened for free outside the Greek and that would have been sweet. I've both heard shows there (Beach Boys reunion, Postal Service) and paid for some others (Belle & Sebastian, Paul Simon)
BigMacPhisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:24 PM   #574
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 02:25 PM
Thumbs Up

Saw them in '95 and '03 at MSG. Before the '95 show, got a beer ticket for drinking a 16 oz. can of Bud in a brown paper bag at Penn Station. I've never paid the ticket. Fuck that shit.

Saw them at Jones Beach in '08. Awesome show, but it rained like a motherfucker and I wear glasses. Despite the rain and the lightning, Michael and the guys were in top form. Glad I got to see them on their last tour.
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:48 PM   #575
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 01:25 PM
One of the greatest weekends of my life; I saw Ramones and PJ Saturday night then Natalie Merchant, Radiohead, and REM the next night. Same Austin venue, PJ even covered Talk About the Passion and acknowledged they were playing the next night. Almost 21 years to the day.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

BVS is offline   Reply With Quote