Let's talk Tony! Toni! Toné!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
ElMel's thread about De La Soul made me give 3 Feet High.. another spin and now I'm in the mood for more old school rap/hip hop/funk etc. These guys, Tony! Toni! Toné! were I guess more hip hop soul and funk? I only know that one song Let's Get Down from their 4th album. I remember enjoying that video on MTV in the 90s. I'm sure I've heard hits from their heyday but can't recall any names. I suppose 1990's The Revival is their best one? Any fans here? :dance:

No, not a guilty pleasure. They're just Tony Toni Tone. You may the first person not in the band to mention them since, like, 1994.

Haha! I requested some Tony Toni Tone at a club the other day and the DJ actually played some stuff!

I'm not one to judge a band by their covers, but..........shit.

3trm8.jpg

I remember the song about Loot. I thought it was cool that they were funky and used instruments back then when everyone else was gangsta rap or sounded like Boys 2 Men.

Tony, Toni, Tone are New Jack Swing. And since that genre didn't last too long, they didn't last too long. I dug their sound, though.

I just heard like 3 songs off their Revival CD. They were not very good. :lol: Too slow and boring.

I still love this one though:

YouTube - Tony Toni Toné - Let's Get Down

So funky! :dance:

*Click on the title link! Just hitting play doesn't seem to work. :huh:*

That Loot song is good too. I guess I like the danceable numbers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom