Let's talk about albums we're looking forward to in 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
What are you guys excited for this year? Make lists, talk about your most highly anticipated releases, whatever.

Personally I'm excited about potential releases by Radiohead (probably won't happen), The Hold Steady, Fleet Foxes, R.E.M. (probably won't happen), The Aloud, Arcade Fire, and many more!

Will Meg get over her neuroses and help Jack record the follow up to Icky Thump?

Will newly reunited bands like Pavement and Blur be recording new material? Or will the new Gorillaz album be enough for Damon Albarn?

Will Dr. Dre finally come out with Detox?

Will Kanye make an actual hip hop album again?

Will Strokes IV get a release date?

Will Sufjan Stevens be unleashing his album dedicated to New Jersey?

Will Bono lay off the jelly donuts long enough to finish the vocals on Songs Of Ascent?

IT'S GONNA BE A CRAZY YEAR!!!

The first few months of 2010 will be amazing in my opinion, I'm really psyched for these in thext month and a half:

Vampire Weekend
Spoon
Midlake
Album Leaf
Los Camp

I'm fairly certain there are one or two I'm forgetting as well. Going to be a lot of great new things to listen to over the next few weeks.

The National. Everything else will just be frills.

Alright, that's not really true, but it's certainly my most anticipated. LC!, Spoon, Arcade Fire, Beach House, and Fleet Foxes are up there too. And maybe that proper Broken Social Scene album Kevin Drew hopefully didn't lie to us about back in October.

Speaking of which, you know what I'd really like? A new Feist album. Make it happen, Leslie.

The National, Spoon, Los Campesinos!, jj, Yeasayer, Shearwater (Scumbo and Impy, you fail for not mentioning that one :tsk: ), Madlib's insane Medicine Show series in which he's releasing an album a month for the next year, including the Beat Konducta in Africa, which should be sublime, Arcade Fire, and hopefully a new Madvillain album.

Shearwater must have slipped my mind, but I'm tremendously excited about that one.

jj just signed to Secretly Canadian. Welcome to the Jagjaguwar family!

I figured, just giving you shit. And, yeah, I just saw that on teh P4k, good for them! They're touring with the xx in April, and Minneapolis already sold out; I'm hoping for some cheap Craigslist tickets between now and then.

Shearwater (Scumbo and Impy, you fail for not mentioning that one :tsk: )

What is the release date for that? I was trying to just mention ones that were happening in the next two months. Was it this soon? If so, I am happyz.

Niiiiice. The list growz. I can't think of a year where the first few months were this stacked with big* releases.

*big for me

It's hard to say I'm "looking forward" to the Los Camp! album, when I've already been listening to it for over a week.

I still haven't listened after those first two times (out of principle, like I said), but it's undoubtedly the album of the decade.

The current one. There is no finer album this decade than Romance is Boring.

Nothing sticks out yet. As most of who I like to listen to released stuff last year. There's bound to be something pop up as the year progresses though.

i am on my way to become the most hated member of this forum. not only was i not very impressed with the Grizzly Bear album last year, i have never been impressed with The National. maybe their new album will click with me.

Back
Top Bottom