Let's talk about albums we're looking forward to in 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just saw that OK Go's new album leaked is out and about online. Didn't even realize they were still together.

I just saw that OK Go's new album leaked is out and about online. Didn't even realize they were still together.

Their album came out officially this past Tuesday. Just been way too busy to listen to it. Sounds like it's actually pretty decent.

Interesting. I'll have to give it a whirl. No hype around it that I could tell. Just sorta dropped in.

The lead single, "Wtf", was terrible, but, then again, I hated "Cousins" too and look how that ended up, so there's hope.

I would just like to say that I am now suffering through OK Go's new album. I usually don't like to quit an album until it's over, but I'm considering it.

Time to Pretend, Electric Feel and Kids were easily the best things on MGMT's album, but I still enjoyed the whole album. I'm not sure if I'm really interested in having more than one album by these guys though.

That's kinda the same thing I felt about Muse when they put out their second album. :wink:

I personally only liked 2 of however many tracks were on the album, and I'm using the word "like" liberally one one of those tracks. I must once again reiterate how absolutely terrible they were live when I saw them open for Of Montreal.

in addition to the 3 big songs, "Weekend Wars", "The Youth", "Of Moons, Birds, and Monsters", and "The Handshake" are all enjoyable. 7 out of 10 isn't bad.
I really enjoy the first five seconds of Weekend Wars, and then after that pretty much hate everything that isn't those big three songs.

So far, I've listened to 3 new albums. 2 letdowns (OK Go, Spoon) and 1 that I went into with low expectations (Vampire Weekend) which were met.

Think I've mentioned it a couple times before, but tomorrow is a pretty epic (lolzorz, internet speak) day for new releases.

03-09

Alberta Cross: Broken Side of Time [Ark Recordings/ATO]
Aloha: Home Acres [Polyvinyl]
The Besnard Lakes: The Besnard Lakes Are the Roaring Night [Jagjaguwar]
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: Beat the Devil's Tattoo [Abstract Dragon/Vagrant]
Broken Bells: Broken Bells [Columbia]
The Bundles: The Bundles [K]
Choir of Young Believers: Claustrophobia [Ghostly International]
Frightened Rabbit: The Winter of Mixed Drinks [Fat Cat]
Jason Collett: Rat a Tat Tat [Arts & Crafts]
jj: jj no 3 [Sincerely Yours/Secretly Canadian]
Liars: Sisterworld [Mute]
Miles Kurosky: The Desert of Shallow Effects [Majordomo/Shout! Factory]
Morning Benders: Big Echo [Rough Trade]
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists: The Brutalist Bricks [Matador]
Titus Andronicus: The Monitor [XL]

I already have 3 albums coming out tomorrow pre-ordered, and I'll likely end up getting a couple of the other releases once I see reviews.

I heard that jj album a few months ago, and am now pleased to see it's getting a release date. That's going on my list. :up:

Edit: Oh dang, that was No. 2 that I'd heard. This is No. 3. BOO. I'll get it anyway and assume it's going to be like the last one.

*folds arms and waits for Shosanna from the basterds' recording* - probably will be interesting because the basterd femme is not a musician by trade.

An issue with the professionals is when you have a career in the business: everyone builds up expectations, and with expectation you become disappointed more than not: eg Underworld, Kings of Leon, Interpol

im grateful this is not happening yet for Darwin Deez :hyper:

a prime example: Charlotte Gainsbourg's CD was great (the actor from Lemming or Antichrist), even though she had a lot of help from Beck, or more of it was Beck's album, having her providing the vocals :reject:

Back
Top Bottom