Let's talk about albums we're looking forward to in 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The National, Arcade Fire, U2, Vampire Weekend, Spoon, Frightened Rabbit, Interpol, MGMT, Elbow, The Shins....and more.

This should be a great year for new music.

The Dillinger Escape Plan
Natalie Merchant
Tindersticks

Bettie Serveert

U2 & REM always

Vampire Weekend & Beach House were two of the biggies. They're both leaked, they're both great, they're both not as good as their last releases...

12 Jan - Ringo Starr - Y Not (only because I'm a Beatles dweeb with all the solo albums on my iPod)

26 Jan - Magnetic Fields - Realism

23 Feb - Erykah Badu - New Amerykah, Part II: Return Of The Ankh

Xiu Xiu - Dear God, I Hate Myself

2 March - Natalie Merchant Leave Your Sleep (just because it's been so long)

9 March - Ted Leo - The Brutalist Bricks

16 March - Drive-By Truckers - The Big To-Do (Their last one was my favorite of 2008)

23 March - Goldfrapp - Head First

There's some upcoming releases by bands like Streets, Massive Attack and Liars that have impressed me before, just not recently. I'll listen to those if the reviews bode well.

Crowded House makes me tired. Yikes.

Possible The National, Spoon, U2, and Dre albums make me happy.

i read today a Dr Dre album is in the works

:combust:

...and has been for years upon years. Who knows when Detox will actually come out. And, when it does, to be honest, I'm sort of expecting a disappointment. Hopefully, I'm proven wrong.

trainwrecko.jpg

After looking at the 2010 releases list on Metacritic:

Vampire Weekend
Goldfrapp
She & Him
Arcade Fire
Elbow
Noel Gallagher
Santigold
Amy Winehouse (if she's in any shape to release any music that is)

Nice list. Right now mine is:

U2
Sade
Xtina
Erykah Badu
Goldfrapp
Arcade Fire
Elbow
Santigold
Amy Winehouse (to quote Saracene "if she's in any shape to release any music that is")

My two biggies right now are Peter Gabriel's covers album, and a local band called Smile Smile's new album. Yeah...

Edit: That's just of things I know for sure are coming out or when at least they're coming out.

:( surely it'll be better than Relapse at least..

That doesn't take much. :wink: Seriously though, Detox will probably be decent, if only for Dre's beats. I could very much do without him ever opening his mouth to spit a line over a track again, but he can keep making beats as much as he wants, as he's much better at that side of things.

That doesn't take much. :wink: Seriously though, Detox will probably be decent, if only for Dre's beats. I could very much do without him ever opening his mouth to spit a line over a track again, but he can keep making beats as much as he wants, as he's much better at that side of things.

Yeah, excellent producer, but not the best MC. I will say, though, that "Forgot About Dre" is one of my favorite rap songs ever and his two verses in that song are fucking killer. Especially the last verse. Eminem's verse is pretty classic, too. But over the years I've heard many rumors about that song, some of them saying that Jay-Z wrote those verses for Dre, some saying that Eminem did. Do you maybe know anything more about that or is that all just a big myth?

For me, the ones I know about, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Fleet Foxes, Spoon, Broken Bells. Hoping for new Cut Copy.

Yeah, excellent producer, but not the best MC. I will say, though, that "Forgot About Dre" is one of my favorite rap songs ever and his two verses in that song are fucking killer. Especially the last verse. Eminem's verse is pretty classic, too. But over the years I've heard many rumors about that song, some of them saying that Jay-Z wrote those verses for Dre, some saying that Eminem did. Do you maybe know anything more about that or is that all just a big myth?

I hadn't heard anything about that, but I searched around a bit, and it looks like there's no consensus as to whether Jay-Z or Eminem (or, randomly, Royce Da 5'9" came up once as well) wrote those verses, but it definitely wasn't Dre. According to Wikipedia, Jay-Z did write "Still D.R.E." from 2001, and it's openly acknowledged that Dre writes almost zero of his rhymes himself.

as a respected hip hop fan oneblood, can i trust that you too think that Fack is one of the worst songs to ever be recorded?

Flip Flop Rock is one of my favourites (OutKast, Killer Mike & Jay-Z)

Massive Attack's new album out in Febuary. Heard several new songs when they played live in October and they sounded immense.

:hi5:
Did you ever hear the live album that came out last year? I saw an extremely negative review for it on Popmatters (the guy seemed like a genuine fan who was really disappointed), so I never looked into it.

No, I heard nothing of a live album. I knew about Effects of 333... which was pretty horrible.

I think it was a DVD / CD combo or something. I hadn't heard of it prior to the review. Regardless, really excited for an actual new "BRMC album". :up:

Back
Top Bottom