LemonMelon - By Request Only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Remember those booths you see in old movies where you pop in a shiny nickel and you receive an incredibly indietastic, lo-fi vinyl recording of yourself fucking around for a minute? I'm welcoming them to the 21st century. Only, unlike in ye olden years, everything of no value or quality is free, and everything else is far more expensive than before. And, because we're even lazier than ever before, I'll do all the work for you!

The catch? None. You request a song, I don't give a shit what it is, as long a recording exists that I can listen to for 30 seconds and make up on the spot with a rickety acoustic guitar, and I'll record it in horrible laptop microphone quality. The trick to this thread is being creative with the song choices: think of something you either want to hear a REALLY fucked up version of, or something that you never, ever expected to hear covered in your life. Possibly both.

Do I gain anything from this? Mostly, I want to get my chops back after a long time of not playing guitar all that much. I have a band of my own that I will not bore you with at this time. Plus, you know, lulz. I do enjoy partaking of those.

I'll be uploading my files with divshare.com, which offers a cute little embedded media player. Should run smoothly, I've seen it used multiple times before with no fuss.

Let the festivities begin! I have a couple of early requests that I'll hit up tomorrow afternoon:

bono_212: M83 - Car Chase Terror!
The Sad Punk: Isaac Hayes - By The Time I Get To Phoenix

Assassin by Muse?

Better yet, anything by the Backstreet Boys (only the pre-2000s stuff, mind you)

Current queue:

The Sad Punk: Isaac Hayes - By The Time I Get To Phoenix, Gwen Stefani - 4 In The Morning
KhanadaRhodes: Culture Club - Karma Chameleon, Prince - Kiss
GirlsAloudFan: Britney Spears - I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
lazarus: The Beatles - Honey Pie
major_panic: Muse - Assassin (Backstreet Boys wouldn't be nearly as hard to duplicate though :lol: )
cobl04: System Of A Down - Chop Suey!
Headache in a Suitcase: Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Hope to get a good chunk of these done this afternoon. I don't concern myself with mixing, mastering, and all that crap that holds U2 back.

:lmao: DAmn you! I saw this title and was totally going to request that.

How about Oops I did it again after that?

Or I want it that way by the BSB? :hmm:

As demeaning as all of these would be, the pop songs are actually a lot easier to cover. :lol: I think there has been enough demand for Backstreet Boys that I'll put you down for that.

Massive Attack - Karmacoma
David Bowie - Sound and Vision

Great songs, both. :up:

Freaxxx by Brokencyde now

Acoustic Brokencyde will be fuckin' freeeeeeeaaakkkkyyy.

I'm not sure what that referred to, honestly. I think it's just collective bile.

There are plans to expand this operation a tad. I may be able to manage one overdub per song, and possibly increase sound quality to 10 kbps. Currently in negotiations.

As demeaning as all of these would be, the pop songs are actually a lot easier to cover. :lol: I think there has been enough demand for Backstreet Boys that I'll put you down for that.

Great songs, both. :up:

Acoustic Brokencyde will be fuckin' freeeeeeeaaakkkkyyy.

I know they're easy, but also great fun.

Can I change my vote? There's actually one BSB song that's pretty damn decent. I'd like to hear you try that acoustic. It's called Just Want You To Know. :)

I know they're easy, but also great fun.

Can I change my vote? There's actually one BSB song that's pretty damn decent. I'd like to hear you try that acoustic. It's called Just Want You To Know. :)

New Backstreet Boys? I was secretly hoping it would be on Black And Blue, just so I could have an excuse to listen to that album once. Ashley did her best to convince me to buy it for $2, but illegal downloading is so much more fun.

The Sad Punk: Isaac Hayes - By The Time I Get To Phoenix, Gwen Stefani - 4 In The Morning
KhanadaRhodes: Culture Club - Karma Chameleon, Prince - Kiss
GirlsAloudFan: Britney Spears - I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
lazarus: The Beatles - Honey Pie
major_panic: Muse - Assassin
cobl04: System Of A Down - Chop Suey!
Headache in a Suitcase: Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Galeongirl: Backstreet Boys - Just Want You To Know
Mr. V: Massive Attack - Karmacoma, David Bowie - Sound And Vision
Irishteen: BrokenCYDE - Freaxxx
elevated_underscore_fan: Styx - Mr. Roboto
Phanan: Buckner & Garcia - Pac-Man Fever

Looks like a hilarious charity disc to save the Acrifans or something.

I still can't believe you passed on Black and Blue. PRIME Backstreet Boys material for just TWO American Dollars.

Back
Top Bottom