Led Zeppelin trio back in studio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slipstream

Refugee
It's minus Plant at the moment but this is good news nevertheless. Any Zep in the process of getting these guys to come out with a new record, or tour, is mindblowing!

Led Zeppelin musicians Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham have been working on new material.

Drummer Bonham told a radio station in Detroit that the songs could be destined for a new Led Zeppelin album. Writing new material has been "on the cards" since the band's one-off reunion show in London last December, he told 94.7 WCSX. But lead singer Robert Plant has not been involved in any of the sessions, he added.

"At the moment, all I know is I have the great pleasure to go and jam with the two guys and start work on some material," he said. When I get there [in the studio] I never ask any questions. If I get a phone call to go and play, I enjoy every moment of it."

He added: "Lots of politics [would need to] get ironed out [before an album could be made]."

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Led Zeppelin trio back in studio

A new Led Zeppelin album would truly be a wonderful and unexpected gift. Let's hope something actually comes of this.

A new Zeppelin album would be awesome, but I think either they get Plant onboard or they don't do it. Same for a tour or any one-off shows. You can't have Led Zep without Plant.

You really get the impression with all these snippets of news that emerge, that Page, Jones and Bonham are desperate to continue the momentum they captured and yet Plant is dragging his heels. It must be very frustrating for them.

I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with the idea of a new Zeppelin album with or without Plant onboard. But any new material would be awesome, I mean Page must have tons of stuff to work on since he's not done much original material at all for over a decade.

Pretty cool. After reading, I was thinking how "working on new material" and "in the studio" just may be my favourite phrases in the universe.

They need Plant, though.

But what if he's making another album of remakes of his old songs, LeMeL?

Zeppelin is probably my favorite band of all time, yet I have no desire for a new album. They could have stopped with Physical Graffiti and they would still be my favorite band. This is unnecessary.

They're the worst words in the world if Bon Jovi is the one in the studio.

:lol:

Yes, those words are rather subjective.

I also love "exchanging riffs and ideas," but, if it's used with the wrong band, it could "change the molecules in the room" in a very bad way.

Back
Top Bottom