Led Zeppelin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy motherfucking fuck, the second half of III is pure genius. Cohesive, charming, beautiful, everything that you wouldn't expect a band as grand and mysterious as Zeppelin to be.

I will say that, on this listen, Out On The Tiles has grown me a great deal. Still kind of fluffy, but so much fun.

Zep are definitely among my favorite artists of all time. Some of my favorites are Your Time is Gonna Come, In the Light, Down By the Seaside and the BBC version of Stairway to Heaven.

Was listening to the mighty Zeppelin yesterday. And I was focussing on their under-appreciated last few albums.

In Through The Out Door gets way too much shit for the synthy stuff. The album is actually not that bad at all, just different. And I love Carouselambra especially the atmospheric parts that are peppered throughout the seemingly rambling tune. Ain't nothing wrong with most of the rest of the tracks either!

Presence gets a bit boring sometimes but even that one I don't find flat out terrible or anything.

I miss bands like these. :sad:

In Through The Out Door gets way too much shit for the synthy stuff.

So glad John Bonham died so we didn't have to suffer through more tripe like All My Love.

Embarrassing.

Fool In The Rain and I'm Gonna Crawl are great tracks, but this is easily their worst album. And I'd put Walking Into Clarksdale and a couple solo Plant albums above it, too.

I don't really know how more than three or four songs on there even go. Suffice it to say, I don't listen to the album much.

Yeah, In the Evening and I'm Gonna Crawl are brilliant, and Fool in the Rain is a experiment gone very well. The major problem with that album is its inconsistency.

So glad John Bonham died so we didn't have to suffer through more tripe like All My Love.

:shame: Didn't NSW scold you earlier in the thread for talking like that? ;)

To each their own.

I find that I enjoy In Through... almost as much as classics like II and III depending on my mood.

My band (it will always feel weird to write that) has a gig on Saturday and we've worked out a little thing where we'll launch into a bit of Whole Lotta Love at the end of one of our original songs. Our lead guitarist will do Page's guitar solo, which is one of my favorite guitar solos of all-time. Should be fun. I'll post video maybe if it works out and sounds good.

That's funny. One of my favorite local bands from when I was in high school and college around here did that for a few years. Exact same thing. They'd run through their song as it was recorded, launch into the Whole Lotta Love solo, and then end it with another spin through the chorus.

We're the same band. :wink:

Ha, no that's cool. The idea goes back years. I was always just really impressed that my buddy could play that solo. I'd constantly make him play it for me. So tossing it into a show in front of people is a bit of a dream come true, really.

My band (it will always feel weird to write that) has a gig on Saturday and we've worked out a little thing where we'll launch into a bit of Whole Lotta Love at the end of one of our original songs. Our lead guitarist will do Page's guitar solo, which is one of my favorite guitar solos of all-time. Should be fun. I'll post video maybe if it works out and sounds good.

That's totally cool. Will be looking forward to the video! :up:

Led Zeppelin IV and Houses of the Holy remasters are coming October 28. Just enough time for my credit card to recover from the first three.

7VatEx638ZM0_ZNWKsFGVkwkfCZsukRTiySo3XAy3sV6P2SIdyLLeiTviOUxNsSizxsqh3quCIUbjVCNxTMvKxg0tWLnePi1wbOIGTtvsg=s0-d-e1-ft

If you don't already own the Zep albums, I'm sure these would be pretty cool to get. But I already have the Complete Studio Recordings box set - which was itself remastered - from, I think 1993, pictured below. It's really nice and it sounds great, so I probably won't be shelling out any cash to buy the albums again.

DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_943213_groupshot1_R.jpg

albums3.jpg

1270769.JPG

My favorite LIVE track of theirs is That's the Way from How the West Was Won. Could listen to that on repeat all fucking day.

If I had to choose, I would say that ^ that's probably my Dad's favorite song in all his years here on Earth (so far). He looooooooves that song!

And I love it too, both for what it is and what it reminds me of.

I'm glad Bonham died when he did so that we didn't have to hear more synthy shit along the lines of "All My Love".

Back
Top Bottom