LCD Soundsystem: One Thread Is Never Enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My point is that anyone who went to that show had a blast. They have no reason whatsoever to re-evaluate how they feel about that awesome experience because of something that happened five years later. The memories are still there.

I don't think it was a misleading pretense. They probably believed at that point it was their last show. I do think it was sincere. And it was a fucking great show. One should be happy to have attended, regardless of what comes after.

Yeah, seriously, and I agree it's a ridiculous grudge to hold. If you're willing to put down stacks of cash to see a band, wouldn't you be fucking over the moon that they're back together? I saw the very last Thursday headline gig, though admittedly through the good fortune it was in Melbourne. The end of that show was one of the most unreal moments I have ever experienced at a concert. I would be fucking thrilled if they reformed, and it wouldn't cheapen that gig in the slightest. What a weird mentality to have.

Anyway, maybe I should finally get around to listening to LCD Soundsystem. Maybe I'll wait for this new album and Cobbler it.

I wonder how much input the other members of LCD Soundsystem had in breaking up/reuniting.

"Hey guys, sorry to put you out, but I'm going to go buy a wine bar and DJ some block parties so I can pretend I'm 20 again. Our farewell show is tonight."

"Wait, what? What are we suppo-"

5 years later

"Hey guys, I'm bored and need money. Want to be LCD Soundsystem again? We're headlining Coachella twice. I'll cut you guys in, 90/10."

"Are you fucking kidding me"

This is how it feels to me.

I feel similarly about Damon and Blur, fwiw.

And, sorry, who are the other two members of LCD that they have these successful careers outside the band? I literally have no idea who they are, outside, obviously, JM, who to someone like me, is the band for all intents and purposes.

This is how it feels to me.

I feel similarly about Damon and Blur, fwiw.

And, sorry, who are the other two members of LCD that they have these successful careers outside the band? I literally have no idea who they are, outside, obviously, JM, who to someone like me, is the band for all intents and purposes.

I had the same question.

I think LCD Soundsystem is my favorite band right now. This is exactly the kind of music that I've been trying to find. Not only is the music amazing, but the lyrics are great as well.
My LCD Rushmore:
Dance Yrself Clean
All I Want
New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down
North American Scum

Honorable Mentions: All My Friends, Tribulations, You Wanted A Hit, Daft Punk.

Anyone else get a "Heroes" vibe from "All I Want"? Such a great song.

Yes, All I Want is a "Heroes" homage.

My top three is easy - All My Friends / Someone Great / Home - and then there's about 10 songs battling it out for the Rushmore spot.

Weird that everything has been very quiet on the LCD front since early January.

Yes, All I Want is a "Heroes" homage.

My top three is easy - All My Friends / Someone Great / Home - and then there's about 10 songs battling it out for the Rushmore spot.

Weird that everything has been very quiet on the LCD front since early January.

It's a great homage to "Heroes", that's for sure.

I love "All My Friends", but I wore it out. Lol. That's why I didn't include it on my Rushmore. Forgot "Home" on my Honorable mentions, I love that song.
Hopefully they test out some new material this summer on tour, but yes it has been very quiet. But hey, I'm just psyched they're back. I chose a good time to get hooked on these guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All My Friends/Someone Great/Tribulations/Dance Yrself Clean

Not even that tough a decision. Those songs define LCD Soundsystem for me. If I had to round it out to a top 5, Losing My Edge would be there. Early LCD Soundsystem doesn't get enough love.

Last edited:
All My Friends/Someone Great/Tribulations/Dance Yrself Clean

Not even that tough a decision. Those songs define LCD Soundsystem for me. If I had to round it out to a top 5, Losing My Edge would be there. Early LCD Soundsystem doesn't get enough love.

Came pretty close to including Never As Tired...

The old stuff is great, but I think This Is Happening is their greatest achievement so I don't feel too bad about picking 3 from there.

Tribulations and Dance Yrself Clean would probably be my fourth and fifth favs, yes.

The self-titled double album rules. Great Release is a really good Eno homage and Beat Connection rules. Movement is also nuts and I hope it makes it into the setlists, alongside Yeah (Crass). In fact, Yeah (Crass) might even be my fourth fav, if you can include the live version.

Get Innocuous! would also be up there for me, I love that song.

Came pretty close to including Never As Tired...

The old stuff is great, but I think This Is Happening is their greatest achievement so I don't feel too bad about picking 3 from there.

I'd hobestly be tempted to go 4 for 4:

Dance Yrself Clean
All I Want
I Can Change
Home

However All My Friends is truly legend and I'd probably sub All I Want

Jesus, I never thought Home would have such a devoted following. It's never really caught my attention even after dozens of listens to that particular album.

Yeah I'm not wild about it either. I like it, but my favorite part about it is the ahhhhhAHHHHHHahhhhhh callback to Dance Yrself Clean. Gives the album some nice circularity.

Well the two of you can both delete your accounts and get the fuck out of here. I had no idea I was friends with two people with such poor opinions. Home is truly incredible, a wonderful sentiment, perfectly striking the balance between hope and melancholy, great lyrics and vocals, awesome music and a fucking great, lovely fan-made video that James Murphy loved so much he ended up making it the official video.

Fuck you both, offence intended.

Back
Top Bottom