LCD Soundsystem: One Thread Is Never Enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the debut and find it to be generally underrated, the variety there is quite thrilling, but I hardly ever listen to the second disc in full and certainly never immediately following the first. It's just too much. Probably been 8-9 years since I've heard it all at once.

Man I've been listening to LCD Soundsystem for a long time. Metacritic pointed me to them at the very beginning of their run.

I absolutely love the ahhhhhhhhAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAaaaahhhhhs in Home starting at 3:40 that deliberately call back to Dance Yrself Clean. Awesome way to bookend the record and bring it full circle.

I'd put "North American Scum" on my personal LCD best-of. It's the song that turned me into a fan, to be honest.

I absolutely love the ahhhhhhhhAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAaaaahhhhhs in Home starting at 3:40 that deliberately call back to Dance Yrself Clean. Awesome way to bookend the record and bring it full circle.

Home might be my favorite LCD song at this point, the outro with that keyboard sound just sends me off on such a musical high.

Great news. Missing the year of Pitchfork Fest that they headlined is one of the biggest concert mistakes I've ever made.

Last edited:
Fucking hell. After the excruciating melodrama of that film about how the end is really the end, they come back to together.

His twitter feed was pretty funny today. Lot of home truths too about the music industry.

Honestly, I'm not upset much at all. The way they finished was just so perfect in every way. Maybe we'll get a one-off show in 10 years' time or something but yeah I wouldn't be too devastated if they stayed broken up forever. Must be one of the only times in history an artist has been able to go out like that.

Dude, LCD Soundsystem getting back together in the near future is as guaranteed as the Sun rising.

And I'll tell ya what, I'm gonna side with CoS on this until Coachella 2016 has come and gone.

This posturing is kinda silly. Like, if you got busted with your plans to reunite, just say so...the other stuff is stupid.

This posturing is kinda silly. Like, if you got busted with your plans to reunite, just say so...the other stuff is stupid.

:yes:

Although IF they are reuniting and IF they are going to headline Coachella next year, Coachella has strict non-disclosure agreements that the main talent can't announce on their own until after Coachella has announced its lineup for that year.

If all that is in play, could be some backtracking going on after an unintended leak.

Still . . . the whole thing is still kind of silly.

And IF that is the case, the posturing is STILL ridiculous. That guy is going to look terrible if they ARE going to be playing Coachella.

But of course, currently this is all hypothetical. How long do we have to wait to know?

Back
Top Bottom