LCD Soundsystem: One Thread Is Never Enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was pretty much enthralled by it and love the way it was shot. I also like Chuck Klosterman a lot so that worked for me. There are a couple highly emotional scenes, none of which I'll spoil for you. It was a real love letter to everything James accomplished over the past ten or so years. You're going to adore it. It put into perspective a lot of the things in my life those songs have soundtracked since I fell in love with them seven or eight years ago.

Side note: the emotional apex for me (surprise, surprise) was "All My Friends." I remembered how I felt the last time I saw LCD right after college ended. I was with a big group of friends at the show and the song was just lent more poignancy, as it is each year I get older. We can all relate to how our social circles shrink more and more after college, and thinking of that and what that song has meant to me at various points in my life, the good and the bad, was pretty brutal.

Side note: the emotional apex for me (surprise, surprise) was "All My Friends." I remembered how I felt the last time I saw LCD right after college ended. I was with a big group of friends at the show and the song was just lent more poignancy, as it is each year I get older. We can all relate to how our social circles shrink more and more after college, and thinking of that and what that song has meant to me at various points in my life, the good and the bad, was pretty brutal.

Yeah, that's a song that I could not really appreciate until I saw it live, at which point it hit me like a bloody ton of bricks. And I think you're spot on about the resonance that it has for anyone conscious of aging.

Side note: the emotional apex for me (surprise, surprise) was "All My Friends." I remembered how I felt the last time I saw LCD right after college ended. I was with a big group of friends at the show and the song was just lent more poignancy, as it is each year I get older.

I saw that show alone :sad:

Them playing with Arcade Fire was too good to pass up, but I couldn't convince my friend to drive down from Detroit to Columbus to see it with me.

I was pretty much enthralled by it and love the way it was shot. I also like Chuck Klosterman a lot so that worked for me. There are a couple highly emotional scenes, none of which I'll spoil for you. It was a real love letter to everything James accomplished over the past ten or so years. You're going to adore it. It put into perspective a lot of the things in my life those songs have soundtracked since I fell in love with them seven or eight years ago.

:up::up::up: it's their ability to mix great fucking dance/rock/whatever music with emotion that makes them so special for me. Can't believe I barely knew who they were 30 months ago.

10 days.

lazarus said:
I saw that show alone :sad:

Them playing with Arcade Fire was too good to pass up, but I couldn't convince my friend to drive down from Detroit to Columbus to see it with me.

No shame in that. I'll probably be seeing a Dirty Proj alone in a couple weeks. Mostly because women aren't liking it when I insist they "experience DP with me."

Probably aren't liking it when you're drooling over the ladies of DP either.

Though I guess the expulsion departure of Angel is going to reduce the drool factor considerably.

I think I'm higher on Haley at this point than I was on Angel.

Killer album, by the way. Just realized I wasn't around to discuss it when it came out.

There's two screenings of Shut Up here, and I think I may be going alone for both, though I'll meet a couple of people in there. I really really need new friends.

Mostly because women aren't liking it when I insist they "experience DP with me."

These are my initials, and I get the same reaction.

Damn. I laughed every time they showed him in the movie. I'm not laughing so much now.

Even when I was laughing, I knew that would have been me had it been U2 or Radiohead, except that crying middle aged woman would have been a lot more pathetic looking than sweet crying boy.

Crying Boy totally made me think of that Crying Girl from American Idol who lost her shit over Sanjaya.

The audience laughed whenever he popped up .... I was worried that some jerk would start laughing when Murphy cried, but thankfully we Seattle hipsters are sensitive.

I'd probably have cried during the whole show myself, so I can't blame him.

"27 people are demanding Shut Up and Play the Hits in Adelaide!" - I'm pretty sure most of those accounts are mine.

I forgot to ask ... the music that was playing while Murphy was talking, just before they started New York I Love You ... did anyone else hear the Twin Peaks theme in there?

It sounded exactly like it. Ha.

The debut is brilliant. Deep, fuzzy beats and surprisingly solid rockers abound.

I never listen to the second disc though.

I really don't. I have Losing My Edge on a playlist, and I play the shit out of that, but I never feel like listening to the second disc in its entirety.

Nobody's falling in love
Everybody here needs a shove
And nobody's getting any touch
Everybody thinks that it means to much
And nobody's coming undone
Everybody here's afraid of fun
And nobody here's getting any play
It's the saddest night out in the USA

BEAT! CONNECTION!

Fucking monster.

Wow. So amazing. More coherent thoughts to come in a blog post which I'll share here, but man that was good. As with everything they do, so much love. Worth waiting 16 or whatever months.

Thought Klosterman was great. I lost it during the crescendo of All My Friends and when they released the balloons during New York, but I think my favourite moment was just after Klosterman had asked about his age, and it cut from the interview straight into Someone Great. It hit me like a ton of bricks. Incredible.

Cute dog.

I think my favourite moment was just after Klosterman had asked about his age, and it cut from the interview straight into Someone Great. It hit me like a ton of bricks. Incredible.

Cute dog.

Yeah, that was great. My favorite song, possibly also my favorite part of the film.

Come at him bro

981525079_98b1e9561a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom