LCD Soundsystem: One Thread Is Never Enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to spend my time in your town just randomly shouting out "POW! POW! POW! POW!"

Also, I am home and can confirm I no longer have 45:33.

So glad I chose to see it with friends at the Arclight -- Hollywood, because, the theater right down the block from my house had to stop the film because it blew out their sound system.

I have to admit that the sound quality was AMAZING!

(And that the part where he was shaving kind of grossed me out a little.)

joyfulgirl said:
Well, then gtf out of here. :wink:

The pows pows are also my least favorite part of the song, and probably my least favorite song on that record, although I like the pows better since we started making jokes about it. And I could see enjoying the pows live. It might be more fun to sing the pows than to hear someone else sing the pows. (Wtf am I even talking about? I need to eat.)

* SPOILER *

It's gtfo. Get it right :angry:

:wink:

damn those spoiler tags are annoying on an iPad keyboard. Finding the brackets sucks.

Just settling in now for my showing. This 750-seat theater is completely full. Should be fun.

tumblr_luwjvcfe0R1qf10tro1_r1_250.gif

Well, all I can say is that he bloody well not attempt a comeback after how melodramatic that was. :lol: Still a fabulous band, though.

Pre-ordered. :up:

It says US and Canada only, Cobbler, so let me know if you need help getting one shipped to Oz.

Thanks man, it's region one though, and I'm not sure any of our DVD players are new enough to play region one, so I might just wait til it comes out here.

Well, all I can say is that he bloody well not attempt a comeback after how melodramatic that was. :lol: Still a fabulous band, though.

No! No one has anything negative to say about them :angry:

Hmm, you'd think there would be a Blu. I'm gonna go ahead and hold out for that.

I want the DVD to rip the audio. I don't have the fancy equipment to rip a blu-ray, but if it comes out in HD I'll probably get that too.

If you, or anyone else, wants the audio, I could probably upload somewhere. I got it off a torrent way back when and it sounds good to my ears. I think it was from the pitchfork stream.

Only problem is the bass on All My Friends completely obscures the piano and guitar.

The mix in the film shit all over the stream. And I think the vocals may have been touched up a bit too.

Even though there are a few white labels and the 45:33 promo I wouldn't mind buying to offset shipping, I'll probably just Amazon this since I'm sure it'll eventually get to like eight dollars.

The mix in the film shit all over the stream. And I think the vocals may have been touched up a bit too.

I'm wondering if the theater where I saw it had problems with the sound, because I honestly did not hear more than 10% of what he said/sang in the entire film. I left thinking whoever was in charge of the mix should never be allowed near media ever again, but it's more likely the fault of the theater.

Might've been the theater, Yup. I thought the sound was immaculate. And loud. Kind of like YLB3D all over again in the decibels department.

PhilsFan said:
What songs appear in the actual documentary?

Movement, All My Friends, North American Scum, Losing My Edge, Someone Great, 45:33 pt. 1, whatever the cover it was they did near the end, much of Dance Yrself Clean, and New York I Love You come to mind. I might be missing one or two.

Back
Top Bottom