LCD Soundsystem: One Thread Is Never Enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, I just woke up. Call the Police is a U2 song. :lol: American Dream is probably the better of the two if you ask me, just because it's a bit different.

I like both, but don't immediately love either. I do worry that they've lost the ~magic~ with regards to new songs. It took them over a year to get here since they reappeared. I just wonder if new songs are not coming as naturally as they once did.

Still hella fucking psyched.

The one thing that really stands out to me is how good the production is.

It may be taking them longer to make this album than in the past, but I'll take James at his word when he says this is the most enjoyable and most fun he's had making an album.

The opening to American Dream sounds very inspired by Low.

It reminds me of The Airborne Toxic Event's most recent album, Dope Machines. The opening, that is.

Aside from that, it sounds like The Killers.

I love them both. Seem to have departed from their old style, but I'm fine with that, because I'm a big fan of this new style too.

It may be taking them longer to make this album than in the past, but I'll take James at his word when he says this is the most enjoyable and most fun he's had making an album.

:up:

The opening to American Dream sounds very inspired by Low.

I mean you can say that about like 10 LCD songs, but yeah :lol: probably why I prefer it.

I like both songs. I think Call the Police just gets off to such a sluggish start. The first minute doesn't do much for me but it's pretty great from then on. The soaring guitar that comes in with about a minute and a half to go is sensational.

But I adore American Dream. The lyrics are depressing as hell, and those tortured, melancholy synth screeches that surround him absolutely sound straight out of the Low playbook.

One of the best things about LCD is the Bowie influence running through so much of their work.

I didn't think much of these two songs when I first heard them, but now that they are playing frequently on Sirius XM, they are growing on me quick.

Seeing these guys for the first time on Monday - they are playing a series of shows in a small venue close to me. Hell yes.

Seeing these guys for the first time on Monday - they are playing a series of shows in a small venue close to me. Hell yes.

Congrats, I think you will enjoy. I just scored for the Tuesday show myself, won't be my first time seeing them, but I did get shut out of the last run, so I am excited to see them again and hear the new stuff!

Back
Top Bottom