LCD Soundsystem: One Thread Is Never Enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope that's the case for FYF so I can get a good spot.

It won't be; FYF sold out very quickly and T in the Park was a huge flop this year.

Last edited:
Did they have a good showing for Glastonbury?
I know that Coachella ended up being a disappointed. Decent turnout, but below expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that's the case for FYF so I can get a good spot.

It won't be; FYF sold out very quickly and T in the Park was a huge flop this year.

Which is strange because if I recall, T looked like it had some great stuff.

I'm seeing LCD next Sunday at Panorama. Super excited.

Which is strange because if I recall, T looked like it had some great stuff.

I'm seeing LCD next Sunday at Panorama. Super excited.

Me too and I am stoked, I missed the "farewell" at MSG in 2011 because I was on vacation seeing the U2 boys. Gonna be hot as hell (literally, but also hopefully musically)! :combust:

I'll be seeing them at Panorama this weekend too. It's going to roasting, but still hopefully a great time.

According to reports, the festival hasn't come close to selling out, so I'm hoping they'll be less pressure to get a good spot.

I'll be seeing them at Panorama this weekend too. It's going to roasting, but still hopefully a great time.

According to reports, the festival hasn't come close to selling out, so I'm hoping they'll be less pressure to get a good spot.

I'm only going on Saturday, but the set times are a bit of a nightmare, especially for Sufjan-The National-Kendrick. The stages are far apart and the shows start immediately after each other.

Yeah, I'm just going to skip Sufjan. Since The National and Kendrik are on the same stage, might as well try to get a good view for both of them.

Yeah, I'm just going to skip Sufjan. Since The National and Kendrik are on the same stage, might as well try to get a good view for both of them.

I can't skip any of these three, so I'll settle for sub-optimal locations.

I'm also annoyed that Anderson Paak and Blood Orange overlap. You'd think the organizers would realize that if you like one, you're likely to like the other one too. I'm going for Paak, though.

I saw Blood Orange. His set was pretty good! I also managed to catch National, Sufjan and Kendrick. I was further out for Kendrick but it was worth it to see Sufjan's crazy set.

Today, got a good lineup before LCD: Kurt Vile, Run the Jewels and Sia.

OMG LCD Soundsystem was LIT tonight! non stop (well we got a wee breather with NY I love you). Actually everyone brought it with this festival, I give it an A-.

Sent from my HTC 10 using U2 Interference mobile app

Yeah tonight was pretty grand. Did White Lung, two songs of Nathaniel, Kurt Vile, Classixx, Holy Ghost!, and LCD. LCD made me cry.

True story: I went with a friend from college. He lives up here now, working on Wall Street. I told him he can't leave before All My Friends. He made some excuse about being tired and having responsibilities and needing to do laundry. It's like the song was written for that moment :/

I saw Blood Orange. His set was pretty good! I also managed to catch National, Sufjan and Kendrick. I was further out for Kendrick but it was worth it to see Sufjan's crazy set.

His set was incredible, I'm glad he ressurrected the best, over the top parts of the Age of Adz tour. I Want to Be Well -> Impossible Soul was so so good.

The National were good, but somewhat disappointing to me. I'm glad they played two new songs, but their set is otherwise the same from 4 years ago.

I actually really liked the National's set on Saturday, although it could be because it's been awhile since I last saw them. I ended up in the second VIP section, right at the front aisle corner for LCD Soundsystem on Sunday - they had regular GA in there through Sia's set, kicked everyone out afterwards, but then the security guard I had made pals with earlier that afternoon let me back in and I ended up with an even better spot than before, lol. I also did White Lung and Kurt Vile, along with Sia, the Front Bottoms, and a bit of Run the Jewels on Sunday.

Also caught Blood Orange, The Julie Ruin, Foals and Sufjan Stevens on Saturday. All were good, I must admit that I was not familiar with Stevens' live show so what I saw was totally unexpected for me! :) On Friday, I thought Arcade Fire, Broken Social Scene and Silversun Pickups all had fantastic sets, and the second line Bowie tribute AF did after their set was very cool.

Edited to add: I must give special commendation to the fest for the sound - superb, and the bathrooms! VIP-style bathroom trailers for everyone with a/c and flush toilets was a great touch and appreciated!

Edited to add: I must give special commendation to the fest for the sound - superb, and the bathrooms! VIP-style bathroom trailers for everyone with a/c and flush toilets was a great touch and appreciated!

Oh yeah. The festival was really well run. Sound was amazing, the food was great (Eater-curated), the ferry back to Manhattan was super well organized. No complaints at all.

Food was fantastic. Art stuff was cool. The bathrooms were fantastic as well, I feel like my service fees actually went somewhere.

A longer review of the LCD Soundsystem show I attended tonight is in order, but for now I'm exhausted.

Briefly: it was an astonishing show. They went with the typical festival setlist, with one delightful addition only the longer sets receive:

LCD Soundsystem Concert Setlist at FYF Fest 2016 on August 28, 2016 | setlist.fm

1. Us v Them
2. Daft Punk Is Playing at My House
3. I Can Change
4. Get Innocuous!
5. You Wanted a Hit
6. Tribulations
7. Movement
8. Yeah
9. Someone Great
10. Losing My Edge
11. Home
12. New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down