LCD Soundsystem: One Thread Is Never Enough - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter

Old 07-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #151
45:33

Local Time: 11:15 PM
IT'S LlKE A FAT GUY IN A T-SHIRT DOING ALL THE SINGING

Old 07-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #152

What were your thoughts on the film, anyway, imps?

Old 07-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #153
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:15 AM
I was pretty much enthralled by it and love the way it was shot. I also like Chuck Klosterman a lot so that worked for me. There are a couple highly emotional scenes, none of which I'll spoil for you. It was a real love letter to everything James accomplished over the past ten or so years. You're going to adore it. It put into perspective a lot of the things in my life those songs have soundtracked since I fell in love with them seven or eight years ago.

Side note: the emotional apex for me (surprise, surprise) was "All My Friends." I remembered how I felt the last time I saw LCD right after college ended. I was with a big group of friends at the show and the song was just lent more poignancy, as it is each year I get older. We can all relate to how our social circles shrink more and more after college, and thinking of that and what that song has meant to me at various points in my life, the good and the bad, was pretty brutal.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:56 PM   #154
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Side note: the emotional apex for me (surprise, surprise) was "All My Friends." I remembered how I felt the last time I saw LCD right after college ended. I was with a big group of friends at the show and the song was just lent more poignancy, as it is each year I get older. We can all relate to how our social circles shrink more and more after college, and thinking of that and what that song has meant to me at various points in my life, the good and the bad, was pretty brutal.
Yeah, that's a song that I could not really appreciate until I saw it live, at which point it hit me like a bloody ton of bricks. And I think you're spot on about the resonance that it has for anyone conscious of aging.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #155
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:15 AM
Quote:

Side note: the emotional apex for me (surprise, surprise) was "All My Friends." I remembered how I felt the last time I saw LCD right after college ended. I was with a big group of friends at the show and the song was just lent more poignancy, as it is each year I get older.

I saw that show alone

Them playing with Arcade Fire was too good to pass up, but I couldn't convince my friend to drive down from Detroit to Columbus to see it with me.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #156

Quote:
I was pretty much enthralled by it and love the way it was shot. I also like Chuck Klosterman a lot so that worked for me. There are a couple highly emotional scenes, none of which I'll spoil for you. It was a real love letter to everything James accomplished over the past ten or so years. You're going to adore it. It put into perspective a lot of the things in my life those songs have soundtracked since I fell in love with them seven or eight years ago.

it's their ability to mix great fucking dance/rock/whatever music with emotion that makes them so special for me. Can't believe I barely knew who they were 30 months ago.

10 days.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:00 AM   #157
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus

I saw that show alone

Them playing with Arcade Fire was too good to pass up, but I couldn't convince my friend to drive down from Detroit to Columbus to see it with me.
No shame in that. I'll probably be seeing a Dirty Proj alone in a couple weeks. Mostly because women aren't liking it when I insist they "experience DP with me."
Old 07-24-2012, 12:01 AM   #158
Blue Crack Supplier

Probably aren't liking it when you're drooling over the ladies of DP either.

Though I guess the expulsion departure of Angel is going to reduce the drool factor considerably.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I think I'm higher on Haley at this point than I was on Angel.

Killer album, by the way. Just realized I wasn't around to discuss it when it came out.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:04 AM   #160

There's two screenings of Shut Up here, and I think I may be going alone for both, though I'll meet a couple of people in there. I really really need new friends.

Quote:
Mostly because women aren't liking it when I insist they "experience DP with me."
These are my initials, and I get the same reaction.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #161
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I think I'm higher on Haley at this point than I was on Angel.

Killer album, by the way. Just realized I wasn't around to discuss it when it came out.
REALLY?

Wow.

Maybe you should bump that thread, hoss.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #162

You going to see this, Laz?

I'm pretty jealous of this kid. I was the crying kid too; in my study, on a Sunday morning, in my boxer shorts and singlet. Special band. 8 days.

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM + THE CRYING BOY - YouTube
Old 07-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #163
Blue Crack Addict

Damn. I laughed every time they showed him in the movie. I'm not laughing so much now.

Even when I was laughing, I knew that would have been me had it been U2 or Radiohead, except that crying middle aged woman would have been a lot more pathetic looking than sweet crying boy.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #164
Blue Crack Distributor

Crying Boy totally made me think of that Crying Girl from American Idol who lost her shit over Sanjaya.

The audience laughed whenever he popped up .... I was worried that some jerk would start laughing when Murphy cried, but thankfully we Seattle hipsters are sensitive.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #165
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:45 PM
I'd probably have cried during the whole show myself, so I can't blame him.

"27 people are demanding Shut Up and Play the Hits in Adelaide!" - I'm pretty sure most of those accounts are mine.