LCD Soundsystem: One Thread Is Never Enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like Niels in the Radiohead thread, this is all?! Come on people!! This is a way bigger deal. They were supposed to be completely done forever and a day. This was so exciting and I really, really like the song. It's a little bit of a NYILYBYBMD retread - and has an even bigger Rock n Roll Suicide homage towards the end - but it's really fucking great and it makes me very happy to think of James, Nancy, Al etc getting together in a room, smiling and bashing out a tune.

Probably what will happen is Murphy will put out an album in the near future that is LCD in all but name.

I heard the new song 8 times on Sirius XMU yesterday over the course of a six-hour drive.

I would say that he's a house producer, but that would imply that he has any credibility whatsoever in that scene. He just makes pop music at this point. The crowd would be pretty good for his show, he's got a lot of hits.

LCD Soundsystem and GNR make up for it.

Last edited:
He was on the main stage two years ago. It was one of the largest crowds I've ever seen. The set ended and the entire crowd went back to the dance tent. FitzChivalry and I ended up with a great spot for Beck and Arcade Fire.

Also, Martha, he is dating Taylor Swift.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Reading back through Murphy's initial comments about the MSG shows, there is a lot more flexibility about a reunion built in than I remembered. That documentary was really over-the-top about the finality of the whole LCD project, though, which is why I still find these rumors difficult to accept.

Like Niels in the Radiohead thread, this is all?! Come on people!! This is a way bigger deal. They were supposed to be completely done forever and a day. .

Because their "break up" was possibly the fakest thing to ever happen in music history and was likely completely fabricated to sell a tour documentary, and cash in on huge ticket sales when they inevitably reunited?

Edit: don't mean to come across harshly, I just figured this post from me was obligatory at this point since I've basically been posting the same thing for neigh on 4 or 5 years now.

Still, it was a bit meaner than I intended it to be.

I think you're being extremely cynical. I know I'm a soft-hearted fuck but oh well. And you know what, I don't even really fucking care. I'd have paid three figures to see them every time they toured even if they hadn't broken up anyway. I love them that much.

Still no official word.

Good for Murphy for getting paid, I say. He's certainly more deserving of it than The Killers or whoever the hell else perennially headlines these festivals.

I actually don't mind this. Instead of "We're back because of the music!" he straightforwardly admits the reason why most reunion bands do that kind of stuff - although I'm guessing the official statement is going to downplay the money part.

The documentary was pretty silly anyway. Bring it on I say. Shut up, play the hits and take my money.

Because their "break up" was possibly the fakest thing to ever happen in music history and was likely completely fabricated to sell a tour documentary, and cash in on huge ticket sales when they inevitably reunited?

I'm surprised it even took them this long, honestly. 5 years seems pretty silly to me to call something a "reunion".

Back
Top Bottom