Lady GaGa General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Fame Monster kind of release wouldn't surprise me at all.

(All of her albums need to be Fame Monster kind of releases IMO)

The first dates of a 110 show tour were announced today. With the big gaps between most of these shows it looks like they will be adding several more. Apparently, a European leg will be later this year, then North America early next year.

April 27 - Seoul, South Korea (Olympic Stadium)
May 02 - Hong Kong, China (Asia World Arena)
May 10 - Tokyo, Japan (Saitama Super Arena)
May 28 - Singapore (Indoor Stadium)
June 07 - Auckland, New Zealand (Vector Arena)
June 13 - Brisbane, Australia (Brisbane Entertainment Centre)
June 20 - Sydney, Australia (Allphones Arena)
June 21 - Sydney, Australia (Allphones Arena)
June 27 - Melbourne, Australia (Rod Laver Arena)
June 28 - Melbourne, Australia (Rod Laver Arena)
July 07 - Perth, Australia (Burswood Dome)

Hopefully, Latin America includes Puerto Rico :D The Monster Ball was a hell of a show, judging by the HBO special. Ironically, announced the day after Madonna announced her world tour (ironically = because of the endless comparisons between her and Madonna) Would be cool to see her live.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/touring/exclusive-info-lady-gaga-s-born-this-way-1006127752.story

Lady Gaga unveiled dates for her "Born This Way Ball" tour in Asia and Australia today, and those shows will be followed by dates in the rest of the world, Billboard.biz has learned. Gaga will tour Europe and Latin American later this year, and North America early in 2013. According to a tweet sent from Gaga's account this afternoon, the tour will total 110 dates.

Live Nation Global Touring CEO Arthur Fogel and his team will steer the tour, as they did the bulk of the "Monster Ball" tour of 2010-2011, which grossed $188 million from 167 shows, according to Billboard Boxscore. "Monster Ball" put Gaga - no. 84 on Billboard's recent "Power 100" list -- on the map as a major, arena-plus level touring artist, and demand to see her remains very high. Given that she won't return to tour North America until next year, those markets will be fresh, though it is likely she could play most cities in North America tomorrow and do sellout business.

The tour's first leg will hit Southeast Asia and Japan through early June, encompassing 15 shows at stadiums and arenas. Gaga will then play about 15 shows in Australia, ending in July. Beyond that, current plans call for her to tour Europe in August, followed by Latin America towards the end of the year, and then North America in Q1 2013, beginning in January and running into March. Production is still in the conceptual stages.

"The last tour established her as a major act worldwide and I believe this tour will be an extension of that, particularly considering we're going to territories she's never been in, like Southeast Asia and Latin America," Fogel told Billboard.biz.

lady gaga is bono?

I feel like if I can just reason it out in my mind enough, we could be on to something big here.

Praying.png

Lady Gaga Announces 'Born This Way Ball' Tour | Billboard.com

Also on Feb. 7 Gaga unveiled a sketch of what the star calls 'The Monster Pit,' a general admission area she says "Little Monsters unlock it when they arrive to the arena or stadium." That area is reserved for fans "who have arrived first, waited all night, + dressed to 'Ball.'"
Probably won't be going to a Gaga concert anytime soon, but I always appreciate it when artists do this for floor tickets instead of selling the closer ones off for ridiculous prices.
zoo-tv-escenario.jpg

Lady+Gaga+Lady+Gaga+Performs+Lyon+JYIGulOdxEbl.jpg

That area is reserved for fans "who have arrived first, waited all night,

Oh christ, don't encourage them. I guess the lines now will be starting 18 months in advance to prove how much they're "real fans."

..... oh, sorry. I forgot I was in the Gaga thread.

:wink:

Making Lucille my permanent avatar is the best decision I have ever made. EVER.

Having multiple awesome Lucille gifs to use beside it is just icing on the cake.

She should release an album full of Queen/Elton John inspired "You and I" style songs. More piano and guitar...her voice goes well with it.

Either Lady Gaga should release an album full of stone-cold electropop classics like Paparazzi, Bad Romance and Marry The Night and not fuck around with genre exercises like You And I, or she should go all the way and make a slower, ballad-driven record that showcases her voice.

I think Born This Way proves she's not going to make a great album trying to do both and taking over an hour to do it. The Fame was kind of an overlong mess too.

She's going to have one hell of a greatest hits someday though.

Either Lady Gaga should release an album full of stone-cold electropop classics like Paparazzi, Bad Romance and Marry The Night and not fuck around with genre exercises like You And I, or she should go all the way and make a slower, ballad-driven record that showcases her voice.

I think Born This Way proves she's not going to make a great album trying to do both and taking over an hour to do it. The Fame was kind of an overlong mess too.

She's going to have one hell of a greatest hits someday though.

Born This Way had more hits than misses. I think she can do both. I definitely give her props for not sticking to one genre. Variety is definitely a good thing. The Fame was an awesome debut. Most of the songs are top notch with maybe a couple of songs that are so-so. If you have suggestions though as to what she could do next, you could always post them on her FB page. :wink:

Apparently Gaga is popular in Asia and Oceania because several additional shows have now been added in the cities where tickets have already gone on sale. Plus, stops in Jakarta and Bangkok have been added so the initial announcement of 11 shows is now up to 25.

It's odd though that the first show is in a stadium then the tour moves into arenas with a couple more stadium shows along the way. Are they going to have a separate, larger stage set-up for the stadium shows? Or they just going to put an arena size stage in the stadiums? It seems like that wouldn't look very impressive and you'd think they would want the very first show, which is in a stadium, to be as impressive as possible since it's likely to get a lot of publicity.

April 27 - Seoul, South Korea (Olympic Stadium)
May 02 - Hong Kong, China (Asia World Arena)
May 03 - Hong Kong, China (Asia World Arena)
May 05 - Hong Kong, China (Asia World Arena)
May 10 - Tokyo, Japan (Saitama Super Arena)
May 25 - Bangkok, Thailand (Rajamangala National Stadium)
May 28 - Singapore (Indoor Stadium)
May 29 - Singapore (Indoor Stadium)
June 03 - Jakarta, Indonesia (Gelora Bung Karno Stadium)
June 07 - Auckland, New Zealand (Vector Arena)
June 08 - Auckland, New Zealand (Vector Arena)
June 10 - Auckland, New Zealand (Vector Arena)
June 13 - Brisbane, Australia (Brisbane Entertainment Centre)
June 14 - Brisbane, Australia (Brisbane Entertainment Centre)
June 16 - Brisbane, Australia (Brisbane Entertainment Centre)
June 20 - Sydney, Australia (Allphones Arena)
June 21 - Sydney, Australia (Allphones Arena)
June 23 - Sydney, Australia (Allphones Arena)
June 24 - Sydney, Australia (Rod Laver Arena)
June 27 - Melbourne, Australia (Rod Laver Arena)
June 28 - Melbourne, Australia (Rod Laver Arena)
June 30 - Melbourne, Australia (Rod Laver Arena)
July 01 - Melbourne, Australia (Rod Laver Arena)
July 07 - Perth, Australia (Burswood Dome)
July 08 - Perth, Australia (Burswood Dome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom