Lady GaGa General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOLFOXNEWS

I was going to post the story about MTV banning the video and then make a comment about "Oh, how cute! MTV thinks it still has relevance in the world of music videos."

But apparently it's not true.

MTV Has Not Banned Lady Gaga's 'Telephone' Video - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

I think it's interesting how she premiered it via E! News and not MTV. She premiered Bad Romance at Alexander McQueen's fashion show (or was that just the song and not the video?). She knows MTV isn't the place to go anymore.

ZOMG

Portland, Tacoma and Vancouver!

Ew, Tacoma instead of Seattle? BOO. I hear the Tacoma Dome kind of sucks, sound-wise. I'd rather go up to Vancouver and spend the night, make a mini-vacation of it. Or maybe Portland. Tacoma's on a Saturday, which makes me lean towards that choice.

Maybe it's the wine I've been drinking before dinner, but I am RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED about this.

I was going to post the story about MTV banning the video and then make a comment about "Oh, how cute! MTV thinks it still has relevance in the world of music videos."

:lol: if it were true though, it'd be kind of pathetic. they've officially removed the "music television" from their name and everything. do they even play music videos anymore? if so, i bet it's from like 4-6 am.

ugh, even vh1 classic is getting worse and worse. sometimes i just want to watch music videos on my nice television, not on a tiny youtube window.

LOLFOXNEWS

MTV Has Not Banned Lady Gaga's 'Telephone' Video - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

I think it's interesting how she premiered it via E! News and not MTV. She premiered Bad Romance at Alexander McQueen's fashion show (or was that just the song and not the video?). She knows MTV isn't the place to go anymore.

at 10 minutes long i'd imagine the telephone video banned itself from mtv since it won't fill in the five minutes between jersey shore and tool academy 2 adequately.

well now look what you've done. see if you can edit the quote/spoiler/video out of the post you quoted.

and at the risk of sounding like helen lovejoy, given i'm absolutely no prude, but i'm still shaking my head at the number of sub 15 year olds at the show on sunday.

You cant quote youtube video posts that are in a spoiler, thread breaks.

I was just reading earler that Gaga's sister is in the Telephone video, around the 2:37 mark.

I think I heard about that. No idea about the lip-synching (maybe, like other singers who do a lot of choreography, they have their backup singers doing some of the occasional heavy lifting, like Madonna?), but she needs to take a breather.

I'm excited about her coming back to the US on tour, but I also wish she'd take some time off first. She's been going nonstop for months and months now.

Her new video had me laughing and going WTF?! I am confused, didn't Beyonce and Gaga team up for a song called Telephone (or something similar) before? :confused:

Now I really want to see her concert. Regarding the performance Sicy linked for Bad Romance, I'd be more concern about her health. Didn't she have a health scare not too long ago?

She sang a little part on Beyonce's song Video Phone - that's probably what you're thinking of.

I think she's had to cancel a few concerts here and there due to exhaustion or whatever. Girlfriend needs to take a break.

I watched the first half of that video, and it was hard to say whether or not she was lip-synching. I mean, it definitely wasn't the studio version of her song I was hearing, based on the vocals, and you could see her lips moving at least a little, so either she's singing even though she's sitting down, or she has background singers on some of the parts, and they pick up the slack if they have to.

I'm not concerned about a little lip-synching here and there with pop stars. I know she can sing, I know she does sing, and I'm pretty forgiving about it in a concert setting where there's a lot of dancing and spectacle.

Ya I get the whole having to lip sync once in a while if you're dancing too. I know it takes a lot of energy to dance and have to sing at the same time, but she pretty much looks comatose in that video. I'm surprised the fans aren't outraged1!111 and demanding their money back. Or maybe it was that one song, I have no idea. Is that the show coolian went to?

Yeah, considering what a fuss the Australians made over Britney Spears lip-synching, I'm surprised there's not outrage over this, too. :wink:

Like anyone should be surprised that Britney Spears lip-synchs. That whole thing cracked me up.

I wouldn't put Madonna in the same category as Britney, vocal-wise. Madonna's not the best singer in the world, but she's much better than Britney, and is much better now than she was back in the day.

What's going on here? She's like barely moving or singing. Is she syncing? Reminds me of that Britney performance from a while back at the VMA's lol.

Lady Gaga Photos & Pics | Lady Gaga Gives Up On Stage

Homegirl needs a break...

I was suprised there are more U.S Tour dates this summer...I want to c her at the Garden...

She's probably gunna start crying on stage and ramble on about how much she loves her "little monsters" and I'll start crying and the whole thing will be one goregous mess

i can tell you for a fact there was no lip syncing. there were a lot of backup vocalists and extra vocals did get piped in to keep the album effect for some of the songs.

what i'm most surprised about was the night she struggled to get through bad romance was the first night, the second night she looked like she could go on for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom