Lady GaGa General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still kinda like Tik Tok and there are one or two other songs on the album that are fun, but overall I feel like Kesha (I'm not using that dollar sign instead of an S anymore, sorry) is just trying way too hard.

Yeah, you're turning the whole "boys lusting after the girls" thing on its ear. That's cool. That's about all you've got going for you, honey.

ZOMG, YES! :drool:

TONIGHT is The World Premiere of "Telephone: starring Lady Gaga and Beyonce" on E!News at 11:30pm EST 8:30 Pacific.

The Telephone video is pretty hot. A lot of half-naked Gaga. A lot of cursing. A joke about the whole "does she have a dick?" thing. A lot of Tarantino-esque stuff, from the font they used for the credits, to the Kill Bill Pussy Wagon. Also, Gaga wears a fucking pair of sunglasses made of cigarettes. Christ.

Of course, it's completely over the top, and I really enjoyed it. And the song itself has kind of grown of me, too.

Okay, it's 8:30 pacific time, and there's some lame-ass crime show on E.

WHY DO THE INTERNETS LIE???? :sad:

The Telephone video is pretty hot. A lot of half-naked Gaga. A lot of cursing. A joke about the whole "does she have a dick?" thing. A lot of Tarantino-esque stuff, from the font they used for the credits, to the Kill Bill Pussy Wagon. Also, Gaga wears a fucking pair of sunglasses made of cigarettes. Christ.

Of course, it's completely over the top, and I really enjoyed it. And the song itself has kind of grown of me, too.
Not to mention the shout out to Pulp Fiction with the "Honey B" stuff.

Well, it's no Bad Romance, but it was pretty awesome in a crazy way.

I really liked the parts that were actual "video" (i.e., song playing, lip-synching, dancing bits) - loved the stutter shots they did to match the stuttering music. The rest was just silliness (duh). Tarantino silliness!

Love Bettie Page Beyonce.

LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH!

This one's supposed to be a continuation of Paprazzi, so after she poisons the first dude, she goes to jail. Bettie Page Beyonce bails her out, and then they go poison a bunch of other people.

Bad Romance doesn't count - she burned that guy up with her hotness, no poison involved.

Oh, didn't they try to poison her or something in Bad Romance? Or drink booze? I forget.

I honestly find her videos not nearly as interesting as other people do.

Yeah, they forced her to drink vodka that I always assumed was drugged. You know, to get her into the whole sex slavery part of the video.

I think Paprazzi and Bad Romance are stylistically/visually stunning. Gorgeous to look at = "interesting" to me!

Yeah, I can't decide if it was just there to be obnoxious, or if she was trying to "say something."

It was there in Bad Romance, but not as blatant, or at least brands I was as familiar with, so it didn't seem so obnoxious.

Although I can get behind a Miracle Whip shout-out, because that stuff rules.

:shifty: . . . . no gaga lover here but I actually really quite enjoyed that video . . .laughed out loud at those smokin' glasses and loved the refs to movies scattered throughout . . . she may not do too much for me musically but she is little miss clever in that whole *pop culture marketing make it spectacular put on a show* kinda way . . .:)

(and that song just sticks and does not let go :dance: :doh: :lol: )

That video is great, and I have a feeling the product placement was THAT blatant on purpose. Also love how she threw her damn headphones in there again.

^Yeah, I agree on that. There's a point she's making, and if she has to immerse herself in the most shallow parts of pop culture to expose it, she's doing it full force. And the majority of people have yet to catch on. The way she appears to flaunt everything in your face while concealing the real meaning just underneath the surface is what makes her so unique in the pop industry today.

See, I hear people saying that, and I'm not entirely convinced that's her game. She hints around deeper meanings and what not in interviews, but I think she's yanking our chains a little bit.

Honestly, if she wants to get a little "subversive," I kind of wish she'd stop dancing around in bikinis. I like her way of doing the ugly, in-your-face sexuality she sometimes does, but the bikinis and ass-shots just make her look like another cookie cutter pop star.

Maybe she's just straddling that fine line, but I guess I'm just not convinced yet of what her deal is.

Which isn't to say that I don't still love her songs and she amuses the crap out of me, but still.

019sting_468x356.jpg
Lady_gaga_gif_1_by_x_photographic.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom