Lady GaGa General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You say she's cut from the same fabric of Madonna but then admit to her rearranging her songs, I can't think of anytime especially at this point in Madonna's career where she was rearranging songs, especially on her own. That makes her a much more competant musician than Madonna, didn't she just start playing an instrument a couple of years ago?
i totally agree.

Being a more competent musician doesn't mean that the songs are happier, stronger or more powerful, which is the case.
If I can remember, Madonna played drums and guitar in a few bands before going solo in the early 80's. And I think she's been playing electric and acoustic guitar (not very perfect) in concert tours since the Drowned World Tour, I guess (I might be wrong).
Yeah, she played drums and guitar for the Breakfast Club in '79/'80, but then left to form her own band with Stephen Bray (who would go onto co-write and produce 'Into the Groove', 'Papa Don't Preach', 'Express Yourself', etc. with her) called Emmy, then the Millionaires, then Modern Dance, and then finally Madonna (hello ego). She wasn't a particularly great drummer, but that didn't stop Ringo either.

bc2.jpg

madonna_guitar01.jpg

Madonna_breakfast_club_2.jpg

Yeah, she played drums and guitar for the Breakfast Club in '79/'80, but then left to form her own band with Stephen Bray (who would go onto co-write and produce 'Into the Groove', 'Papa Don't Preach', 'Express Yourself', etc. with her) called Emmy, then the Millionaires, then Modern Dance, and then finally Madonna (hello ego). She wasn't a particularly great drummer, but that didn't stop Ringo either.
i wouldn't exactly call this proof that she's any kind of virtuoso or anything, especially when it wasn't for another 20 years or whatever when she'd pick up a guitar again.

but i fully admit i have a very strong dislike of madonna.

i wouldn't exactly call this proof that she's any kind of virtuoso or anything, especially when it wasn't for another 20 years or whatever when she'd pick up a guitar again.

but i fully admit i have a very strong dislike of madonna.
I think there are some videos and not-great-quality audio files from these projects on Madonna's forums. I saw the users talk about it a few years ago. Dunno if it still exists...

I have no idea if this was been posted in here already or not. But just in case.

It's really worth the lengthy read.

An interesting read, even if I have a bit of a hard time believing that this is all the master stroke of genius this guy makes it out to be...

I couldn't resist quoting this:

“My music isn’t me jerking my dick off all over a piano

:uhoh: :wink:

Throughout it all, one can detect a singular vision that expresses a consistent visual style and explores a tightly-knit set of questions and themes

Reminds me of a band...what was their name again? :hmm:

:wink:

YouTube - Lady Gaga - Interview - about her Sexuality

'And what was the other one?' :lol:

That about sums her up. Just another fame whore. The more she talks, the more you realise she has absolutely nothing to say.
As a musician and as a sane person I want to be (or keep being) I would never give up of my work, music, and of sex or sexual expression. I couldn't care less about fame, at least personal fame not too linked to my work.

I didn't buy her albums to hear her talk. . .

I think thats reasonable. But on the other hand, if an artist puts herself out there as a personality the way Lady Gaga has, I think she has to have more to say. The interview seemed to me like she just wanted to say something 'controversial and racy', and it came across as really weak.

She's had a few interviews where she hasn't come off too well. Can't say it bothers me, to be honest. I don't think it's a sign that she doesn't have her shit together or is dumb as a brick. I still think she's interesting and talented.

She's had a few interviews where she hasn't come off too well. Can't say it bothers me, to be honest. I don't think it's a sign that she doesn't have her shit together or is dumb as a brick. I still think she's interesting and talented.

Ya, she seems to be good at what shes doing. She certainly is popular and I hear her songs everywhere

Oh, cori, I've been meaning to ask you about your sig. Am I retarded or would that formula not give you the proper lyrics. Its the ro (ma+mama) part. Would that not give you romamama? isnt the lyric roma romama? (I cant believe I'm actually asking this, but I notice it every time you post)

I cannot take credit for a potentially faulty equation - I swiped it from another site.

I didn't really take time to figure it out, to be honest. Math was never my strongest subject - I'm a musician and only really need to be able to count to 4. And sometimes 6, 9 or 12. :wink:

bc2.jpg

madonna_guitar01.jpg

Madonna_breakfast_club_2.jpg

Have you learned nothing from U2? Anyone Can Wear Guitar.

I cannot take credit for a potentially faulty equation - I swiped it from another site.

I didn't really take time to figure it out, to be honest. Math was never my strongest subject - I'm a musician and only really need to be able to count to 4. And sometimes 6, 9 or 12. :wink:
i thought that part was like factoring, so it would be roma romama.

:reject:

The equation in Corianderstem's sig is correct as, Khan said, it would factor the "RO" in front of both the "MA and "MAMA" creating a final answer of "RAH RAH, AH AH AH, ROMA ROMAMA, GAGA, OOH LA LA."

Want your bad romance!

i really hope you aren't a supporter of madonna, because if you were you'd win most ironic post 2010.
Wouldn't exactly class myself as a supporter of Madonna, but I do like a few of her albums. She's a cold, ruthless fame-whore, but a lot of her music does have depth and substance, and she brought elements of the underground dance scene into the mainstream. She was an interesting individual.

Lady Gaga wears funny costumes.

The GaG!

Bad Romance (song and video combined) is clearly the best thing she's done so far. But I find myself liking Paparazzi the most out of all the singles from her debut album. That chorus is pretty great. Particularly the "Promise I'll be kind, I won't stop until that boy is mine" part of the hook.

i don't get why all of a sudden the world has gone gaga for Gaga, so to speak.

Bad Romance is catchy, sure, but it's not infinitely better than all her past hits, yet now she's getting praise from anywhere and everywhere.

I, too, agree that Paparazzi is the best song on The Fame. And the video is clearly when she began to acquire artistic control over that side of her work; the previous three videos are all crap, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom