Lady GaGa General Discussion - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #76
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:22 AM
eminem is the biggest selling solo artist of the past decade in america, nickleback is the highest selling duo or group.

i suppose, by this logic of pop influence, that eminem and nickleback have been the most influential artists of the decade

Old 12-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #77
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_One1932 View Post
someone mentioned siouxsiee or something... never heard of them/him/her ... which means they can't have been that big or important. Lady Gaga is a worldwide hit at the moment.

That's signature worthy, right there.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

Old 12-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #78
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 08:22 AM
When I first saw the video for "Paparazzi" I was instantly reminded of Helmut Newton's controversial 1995 Vogue photo shoot in which he posed a model in a leg brace and crutches. I have no idea why I remembered these photos from so long ago. Maybe because they were so shocking at the time or because they had the same visual impact as Lady Gaga's video does. Either way, the concept is definitely not new.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #79
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:22 AM
Much as I love the GaGa, I don't get why people are gushing about how original she is. She's clearly influenced by many things, including fashion (re: above photos - ps love those photos!).

That being said, I think what she's doing sets her apart from the current pop landscape. In that respect, I think she's very unique and even quite refreshing. "Original" is probably not the best word to be using.

*gosh, I hope there isn't a post somewhere that features me going on about how original she is. If there is, then this post stands as my clarification.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #80
The Fly

Local Time: 06:22 PM
I really like GaGa's music but I would not compare her with Madonna. Madonna was sexy...but Lady GaGa...? I assume that is a question which needs to be answered by the men??

Did you ever ask yourself where she was coming from??? I mean suddenly she was everywhere out of nowhere...pretty good...
Old 12-21-2009, 04:36 PM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisi83 View Post
I really like GaGa's music but I would not compare her with Madonna. Madonna was sexy...but Lady GaGa...? I assume that is a question which needs to be answered by the men??

Did you ever ask yourself where she was coming from??? I mean suddenly she was everywhere out of nowhere...pretty good...
thats because this doesnt get you quite as much attention as dressing like a retard

YouTube - Lady Gaga "Hollywood" live @ The Bitter End 1/20/06

I'm not questioning people who genuinely like her music, but to think shes not a phony bologna is ridiculous
Old 12-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:22 AM
Man, she looks a lot cuter like that. Wha...wha happened?
Old 12-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #83
Blue Crack Distributor

everyone in showbiz is at least half phony. even boner.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #84
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Does she even cite U2 as an influence? No? Then she's a liar and I hate her.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:22 PM
I've heard that she's really a he.

Come to think of it, has anyone ever seen her and Larry Mullen Jr. together? Mmmmm...
Old 12-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #86
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
I've heard that she's really a he.

Come to think of it, has anyone ever seen her and Larry Mullen Jr. together? Mmmmm...
Sounds like someone needs to start a PIC REQUEST thread.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #87
45:33

Local Time: 03:22 AM
i think she should be in the hof
Old 01-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:22 PM
Madonna picked up so much imagery from the past decades in Hollywood, plus took the zeitgeist of the post-disco'n'punk early 1980's, the rising of MTV and (real) musicvideos, associated herself to designers/stylists/photographers/directors/actors/mythic characters (and to some of NY's "cultural/artistic social cream" of the 80's/90's) and created a formula that won and that she still makes to obtain some juice.

Isn't this what Gaga has been making? Yes. The difference is that Gaga wants to become a fast trendsetter (that Madonna still is sometimes). The difference is that she's wasting "The Madonna formula" so fast, much faster than any other pop-princess of the last 10 years.
This is one of the main reasons why Britney Spears is irrelevant now (as I always predicted): because the Lolita stereotype doesn't work anymore, because the "Madonna juice" has dryed on her and because besides this and the "daughter-of-parents-who-wanted-to-be-artists Syndrome" she has never had any relevance. In 100 years, no one will remember she has ever existed.

Plus, Madonna became a cultural icon, not because of her hits, but: because she has played with the gender issue (using sex for it and letting the public believe that she was always selling sex) for 25 years; because she used and abused of certain imagetics in a very clever way.

Lady Gaga is no more than another product of the Madonna formula wasted neurotically fast mixed with loads and loads and loads of visual noise and lots of drama and pseudo-controversial tabloids (it's fashionable to be bissexual or to look androgynous and it sells a lot these days, and Gaga knows it very well). "Bad Romance" recent video is the best example of that: visual noise and the biggest number of ideas mixed in only one object.

Even the way she constructs her still-short career is too pasted to Madonna's early years... Just like Katy Perry or any other pop princess.

Musically... Yeah, she can compose and produce and she can make good pop hits that are catchy and that will be remembered on the next years (unlike most Hot 100 #1's of this decade because they were instant hits) but...
... none of this is innovative or refreshing. Some of Gaga's songs could've been written somewhere in the early 90's and performed by Snap, 2Unlimited, Ace Of Base or Corona (and this is not a compliment).
Unlike this, Madonna can be a poor singer and composer but she has in her catalogue some very interesting, refreshing and groundbreaking moments.

There's no "new Madonna" (as there's no "new Beatles" or "new Dylan") and no one has told Gaga this yet.

Lady Gaga wants to be the pop singer that is anti-pop.
Well, Bono has become The Fly (that character he invented to recreate and criticise some stereotypes... that he belongs to these days) and I'm not sure anyone has ever told him that.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #89
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aygo View Post
This is one of the main reasons why Britney Spears is irrelevant now (as I always predicted)
'twas a bold prediction
Old 01-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #90
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aygo View Post
because the "Madonna juice" has dryed on her
yucky

Tags
lady gaga