Lady GaGa General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw that this is on Spotify. I'll listen to it soon, maybe tonight. Might just watch a handful of episodes of QI, though.

I like "Do What U Want", btw.

'Dope' and 'Gypsy' are pretty decent - but far too many tracks sound alike. Gaga is trying too hard and it is exhausting to listen to it...

Oof. So far, this is a major disappointment for me. I'm still working my way through it (I have it in my car ... and I have a short commute. :wink: )

There are a few songs I think are okay so far (will have to check on the titles), but a few really horrible songs (definitely that one with TI .... track #5, shit that's awful).

Too $hort is having a horrendous year. But at least people are listening to Too $hort again, however briefly (and miserably).

Is Christina Aguilera singing on one of the songs, too? That one wasn't bad. I think it was the same one R. Kelly was on. And Donatella was pretty good. The one I really liked (the only one, so far) .... I think it was the title track.

The one I really liked (the only one, so far) .... I think it was the title track.

:hi5:

Xtina isn't listed as a feature anywhere. I've seen lots of reviewers compare her singing style on Do What U Want to her, but that's it.

The sales for the album are apparently a massive flop. 260k, about 800k less than Born This Way (which was, granted, bolstered by the 99 cent Amazon promotion). Terrible.

It got a lot stronger towards the end. Gypsy was great, and Applause has grown on me. I also liked Mary Jane Holland.

Dope would be a great ballad, but I hate the way she sings it.

That last stretch made me feel a bit better about the album as a whole, but there are three songs I absolutely hated right off the bat - Jewels N' Drugs, Manicure, and Swine.

Gypsy and Artpop are easily my favorites.

I like most of this album. Don't like Jewels N Drugs though. After my first couple listens, I mostly just liked Venus, Do What U Want, Artpop, and Applause. But other parts are growing on me. It kinda feels like a cross of The Fame and Born This Way to me. Still can't touch The Fame Monster, though. I'll be surprised if she ever does anything as good as The Fame Monster again. That album (EP?) was brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom