Lady GaGa General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the song's pretty funny.

Her not allowing him to put it on his album is a bit strange and surprising.

The same thing happened with his James Blunt Parody "You're Pitiful." IIRC, Blunt's record label said it was "too early in his career" to be parodied. Frankly if I was a musical artist I would be honored to get the Weird Al treatment.

Boy, I'm glad I dig "Judas," because having heard "Born This Way" today for the first time in a while, I realized I hate it more than I did a month ago. It's the most pandering shit I've ever heard outside of contemporary country songs at funerals. Hopefully the album itself has some real bangers.

Weird Al Update:

Well, this was a strange day.

After putting my Lady Gaga parody on YouTube this morning – and announcing that it wouldn’t be on my next album because Gaga didn’t approve it – there was a huge outpouring of disappointment from the Internet.

Apparently the fact that she didn’t approve it was news to Lady Gaga herself!

Gaga’s manager has now admitted that he never forwarded my parody to Gaga – she had no idea at all. Even though we assumed that Gaga herself was the one making the decision (because, well, that’s what we were TOLD), he apparently made the decision completely on his own.

He’s sorry.

And Gaga loves the song.

I’m thrilled on many levels to hear this, because 1) I truly respect and admire Gaga as an artist and it pained me to think of her as having less than a great sense of humor, and 2) it means I GET TO PUT OUT MY ALBUM!

As promised, all my proceeds from the song (and the MUSIC VIDEO… I can’t wait…) will go to the Human Rights Campaign.

Thank you, Gaga. And thanks to everybody who had my back.

Whew!

Your pal,
Al

"Hey, Mrs. Gaga, a bunch of people are pissed at you because you wouldn't let Weird Al put the song on his album."

"Fuck! Ummm, take the bullet for me. Release a statement saying that I never heard of the song and that you made the decision without my consent! Quick!"

"Ok!"

the actual story could go either way, but it wouldn't be the first time a manager made a decision like this without even asking their client what they think.

personally, i think she's certainly big enough to take any possible negative publicity (even though there never is with weird al songs, but you never know) from this. plus it's not like this one thing will be enough for those who don't think she's overexposed to think she is.

however, if she didn't approve to begin with and is now blaming her manager, well that's lame.

Did anyone check out the Monster Ball concert on HBO? It was nice to see it close up instead of from my crummy cheap seats at the Tacoma Dome.

It's so funny - I generally find her irritating when I'm reading quotes from her, or even watching some of her videos (the last few have just annoyed me for no reason,even if I like the song; I think it's their ridiculous length). But when I hear her songs (Judas excepted) or HEAR her speak, I think she's awesome.

Something about hearing those ridiculous quotes come out of her voice makes them less irritating. :lol: I think it helps that she's seemed so down-to-earth in the extended interviews I've watched with her.

Anyway. NEW SONG.

I am thrilled that I like it so much on first listen. I still really don't like Judas. And I've come around again to loving Born This Way, partially because I was so disappointed by Judas (still haven't watched the video).

There are some cheesy things going on in here (the sax, zomg), but I really kind of love this already.

Edit: Shit. The video screwed up the whole page. Here's a version that hopefully won't embed. Edit again: NOW it works fine, just by taking out https. Weird.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S08KonZiew4&feature=player_embedded#at=288

The new song sounds really great. And Judas has actually grown on me quite a bit, though you just reminded me of the new video I haven't watched yet. Doing that now. Born This Way though... yeah, not crazy about that one.

It sounded great in the concert on HBO. The show finished with a great one-two punch of Bad Romance into Born This Way and it was pretty damned bangin'.

I found all her chatty moments (as someone on Facebook said, "gee, who knew there was someone who talked more in concert than Bono?") annoying on TV, but less so at the actual show. She has an annoying talk talk talk SCREAM cadence with almost every grand statement she makes that gets pretty grating.

But it's still a pretty great show.

Fucking awesome. This is one of the songs with Clarence on saxophone. The Big Man.

Hot stuff. Hot pop track.

So cool.

He's on two tracks. "The Edge of Glory" and "Hair."

Also, this is the album's closing track. Which is interesting.

I've finally decided I like Judas. It was in my head all day the other day, so I had to go listen to it, and it just clicked. Good times.

Also, this is kind of hilarious. I'd think it was a horrible idea, but if I were Gaga and I had the opportunity to promote my album via social media while also using magical unicorns and sheep on motorcycle ... well hot diggity, I'd get right on that.

Lady Gaga to debut songs from album Born This Way on online game FarmVille - The Washington Post

In the chorus of the new Lady Gaga song, it's funny to imagine her singing about the lead guitarist of U2.

THE EDGE! THE EDGE! THE EDGE! THE EDGE! THE EDGE! THE EDGE! THE EDGE!

"Hair" is out there on the webs. Clarence is back. Another "be happy with who you are" anthem.

Chorus lyric: "This is my prayer, I swear, I'm as free as my hair."

As far as the handful of songs we've heard from the album, there does seem to be a theme developing and some similar sounds. Perhaps this is some sort of kooky self-confidence pop concept album...with motorcycles. I don't fucking know.

I sprung for pre-ordering the deluxe edition on Amazon. Having the alternate album cover and not the motorcycle was worth a few extra bucks.

But no, I did it for the extra songs and remixes. Remixes are hit or miss for me, but I like most of Gaga's.

Did anyone check out the Monster Ball concert on HBO?

I found all her chatty moments (as someone on Facebook said, "gee, who knew there was someone who talked more in concert than Bono?") annoying on TV

I watched quite a bit of it and I have to say...I was kinda bored and I hated every time she talked. I have enjoyed performances here and there but a whole concert was, for me, meh. I kept watching to see if I'd be blown away at some point but her shtick just isn't that interesting to me to watch, though I like a lot of the songs.

/wet blanket

Atease isn't entirely worthless, as it turns out. Leaks all over the place in that hellhole.

Downloading now.

I have a question that I keep forgetting to ask. Does anyone else hear her singing some of "Love Game" during "Born this Way"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom