Lady GaGa General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her superfans are as obnoxious as many other groups'/artists' superfans (if not more so at the moment), and the only way to deal with them is to ignore them, because it's not worth wasting your time trying to reason with them.

Hmmm. Sounds rather nifty.

I wonder if that's the actual track, or a remix like that Scheisse thing that was used previously in Mugler's other show.

Remember the little girl and her YouTube piano cover of Born This Way?

Behold! This is awesome.

Hmmm. Sounds rather nifty.

I wonder if that's the actual track, or a remix like that Scheisse thing that was used previously in Mugler's other show.
I'd assume it's a remix, since it transitions pretty smoothly into a remixed version of Born This Way.

(Also: "This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy on nudity or sexual content. Sorry about that." :lol:)

I'm bumping this because I'm absolutely in love with "Judas" right now.

Been blasting this shit on the regular for the last few days. Such a better single than "Born This Way." A hell of a lot of fun. The beat is baller. And those hooks. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. There's like three choruses on this bitch, Girls Aloud style.

I'll bring him down. Bring him DOWN DOWN.

Oh whoa oh whoa ooo whoa I'm in love with Juda-as. Juda-as!

I need to revisit Judas. The two listens I gave it on Friday did nothing for me.

I really hope I love the album as a whole, because if I don't, I'm afraid I will be off the Gaga train. She needs to pull out some amazing songs that I'll love for me to stop finding her more and more tedious.

Have you seen the album cover? It's LOLtastic. She tweeted the pic, but I'm kind of hoping she was yanking our chains, because ... well, because OH MY GOD.

gaga-1.jpg

The font might be the worst part of the album cover. Which is saying a lot.

That Gaga is nutty, I tell you whut.

Okay, listening again, I like it more than I initially did, although I think the chorus is the weakest part of the song. The beats and the verses are cool and interesting, but then the chorus seems kind of ... I don't know. Basic? Just less interesting, more obvious maybe.

But I don't feel quite as underwhelmed anymore, so yay.

I'm envisioning the scene from Alien, but with the sound of a motorcycle revving and leaping right out like Evel Kenievel.

Re: the album cover. I think she should have gone with that very first Born This Way image that we saw, with her back turned to the camera, and she's got the jacket with the graffiti-style lettering. I don't say that just because the picture had naked buns on it, I just think it's a much cooler, stronger, and more evocative image.

But who am I to say what Lady Gaga should have on her album cover? She's the girl that writes the hit songs. I'm just the guy that covertly plays them on the bar jukebox on Friday nights.

The Gaga Saga!

THE GAGA SAGA � AL'S BLOG

"My parodies have always fallen under what the courts call “fair use,” and this one was no different, legally allowing me to record and release it without permission. But it has always been my personal policy to get the consent of the original artist before including my parodies on any album, so of course I will respect Gaga’s wishes. However, given the circumstances, I have no problem with allowing people to hear it online, because I also have a personal policy not to completely waste my stinking time.

So I uploaded the song to YouTube, and will be making free mp3 downloads available on weirdal.com shortly. Hope you enjoy it."

I think the song's pretty funny.

Her not allowing him to put it on his album is a bit strange and surprising.

I'll be curious if she says anything about it - I wonder why she wouldn't have said 'yes'?

Maybe she just wants really tight control over her work? Which, okay, I can't argue with that. I mean, it'll be all over the net now, but maybe she's okay with online parodies but didn't want it on an actual record?

If that's the case, then you'd think she'd just say 'no' right off the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom