Lady GaGa General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who enjoyed both Blackout and Circus, I will admit to be excited to see what pop goodness she comes out with on her upcoming album, rumored to be out this fall. :shifty:

I liked Blackout and Circus too. Hell, I'll admit it: I love pretty much every Britney album. She and the other teen pop acts of the late 90s were the first music acts I got into. I'll always have a soft spot for that era of bubble-gummy goodness. Some of them (Justin Timberlake and Christina, especially, IMO) are genuinely talented artists in their own rights now.

Orly? Where did you hear that?

My bad, I never responded. Yeah, I just saw a post somewhere saying that it was a fake. But now there's a lot of debate and it looks like maybe it is real after all? Who knows. I thought parts of it definitely sounded like Brit. I guess it doesn't really matter.

As for Gaga: yup, she still rules. And I'm already eagerly anticipating the lead single off of her next project, which I don't think we'll have to wait much longer for. Will be very interesting. The Bad Romance song/video was such an instant classic (Gus!) and it completely captured the zeitgeist, and it will be very difficult for her to match that. But I hope she comes close.

It's just after that, people will always be expecting something huge from her, and I hope the weight of those expectations don't fuck her up. I don't know if that makes sense.

She had a hole in her skin where the lupus went through, she told her fans not to worry.

lupus4.jpg

He makes a great martini.

Yeah, the Poker Face bit was stupid. At least they did Gaga's acoustic arrangement and not the single version, because that would have been boring, seeing as how the song has only about 3 notes in it. :lol:

Oh, man. I gotta disagree with you guys.

I read this somewhere else, but I have to say it's spot on: the Glee "Bad Romance" sounded like Kidz Bop. They did absolutely nothing different to it, just kinda dumbed it down. And weren't allowed to say "bitch," which is one of the best moments of the song!

I still liked it, though. The costumes were funny, and it's just such a baller song to begin with. I just liked "Poker Face" much better. But there you go.

To be fair, all the Glee songs can be compared to sanitized Kidz Bop. That's not a surprise.

So in the realm of Glee, and as someone whose love for Glee has faded a lot in the past few months, I thought it was a good song in the show, and fun to watch.

To be fair, all the Glee songs can be compared to sanitized Kidz Bop.

A lot of them can be, yeah. Except for when Lea sings. Her voice elevates the songs out of that stuff, for me at least. Lea didn't sing on the "Bad Romance" version. So that's probably why I didn't like it as much as a lot of the other Glee tunes.

I did like Puck's line: "What's the deal with this Gaga dude? Doesn't he just dress weird? Like Bowie?"

It took three times that many listens for me to figure out what song it was. Ayauuuuuzzehhh Suhhmmhbbuudhaaaeeeyyuuuhhhhh isn't on any album of theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom